UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A look into the past

Shanester

Hi folks. I, like a few here at the MMMV were members of the ill-fated Art Asylum Collectors Club. The club was an official entity of Art Asylum and although it was created with good intentions, it failed from lack of support and poor management. The club was not free, but you were supposed to get exclusive info and access to exclusive offers from AA. This really never happened.

Ady and I thought you might like to see a saved copy of the very first newsletter released to the members of the AACC. I happened to find this tucked away on my old hard drive and saved for minimate prosperity. Notice the developments of the time and see if you can spot photos of a few old members.

Enjoy! Its a PDF, so you will need a reader. If you can't do PDF, too bad. Naw, PM me and maybe I can send you the Word Doc.

AACC_Newsletter1.pdf

"A few members have expressed problems getting their stand to fit into the hole on their 1701-A. If it breaks, AA will replace it."

In about three or four years.

"When you see a post by Picard or myself talking about an upcoming product, or showing you images that you haven’t seen before, it’s because Art Asylum gave us approval to release that information. So I don’t want to hear any more talk from the membership about how this club isn’t ‘Official’."

I miss Ulan.

"If you are not familiar with Spacemegs.com. It is a website setup so that Art Asylum Forum Members can have 20 Megs of free web space."

And I miss SpaceMegs.

Unfortunately, I did not save the Trek clip. Maybe Brandon did if Ady can't find it.

MPL, I ran into Ulan at Rebel Scum a few weeks ago. I wonder if I should invite him over.