UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

They look phenomenal.

That Sentinel looks fantastic, and yay for de-iced Bobby.

I will buy them (and troop build the Sentinels).

But what I wouldn't give for characters we don't already have multiple times over. confused.gif

I blame Marvel for this stupid "bringing the original team through time" gimmick.

*sighs longingly for 90's X-Factor*

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All New X-men is actually a fantastic comic, gimmick or not :D

these mates look Fan-FREAKING-tastic!!

especially love that we are getting the full team (okay maybe not X-23 but still) in one go and that the designs translated so well to the mates

im hoping for some cool accessories :D

They look brilliant!

Makes me sad that we never got a first class Beast.

I really like to display comparisons sets and my non-bulked up QC Beast will let it down.

Would be great for DST to release FC Beast's bulked-up chest piece at an appropriate moment further down the line.

I like the comic, just don't dig those costumes at all. Glad some people are enthusiastic about these though, they do look well done. I hardly buy any moviemates, so four movie waves and now the first comic wave I've skipped entirely since wave 2 I think, it kind of feels like slim pickings this year, but hopefully we'll still see some great box sets to get me feeling excited about the line again.

All New X-Men really is a good comic, even though Bendis never fails to irritate me with his schizophrenic writing style.

And I definitely understand the frustration that we don't get as many comic waves as we used to, and this one is entirely made up of characters we already have, I'm just trying to be more optimistic. Especially since they finally have me a Winter Soldier AND Baron Zemo.

I think that my only real critique of DST's releases as of late is that even though they do a phenomenal job whenever they revisit a character, I feel like were getting more redos than new a lot of times. As amazing as I'm sure this Foes of Spiderman boxset is going to be, what I wouldn't give to replace Sandman or Lizard with one or two new characters. But that being said, DST's work is better than it has ever been.

Yeah count me in on the camp that thinks these look very well made minimates which I'm sure I will buy for completism, but am not excited to see yet more redos/NOW stuff rather than any new classic (or even non-classic!) characters after having to wait patiently through sooooo many movie waves.

for me, ill take new characters when we can get em, but if a redo wields a worthy upgrade or improvement then im all for it, (and new costumes are always good)

as for the Foes set, im super pumped for the new Lizard and Sandman, especially since the Lizard is a big improvement over the last, and Sandman hasnt been released for years

Well, it's nice that they chose to go the wave route, rather then the box sets, so that there isn't someone left out. Can't say that I personally have all that much interest, since I haven't read the comic. Look nice enough, though. I'm assuming Bobby Drake is the variant?

Well this is a disappointing wave for me.

Looks like I'll be saving quite a bit of money in 2014 on Minimates. Between all the Movie Mates and the Marvel Now stuff, I'm just not real excited with most of the new stuff we're getting.

Edited by MisterMiracle

for me, ill take new characters when we can get em, but if a redo wields a worthy upgrade or improvement then im all for it, (and new costumes are always good)

as for the Foes set, im super pumped for the new Lizard and Sandman, especially since the Lizard is a big improvement over the last, and Sandman hasnt been released for years

I've never felt that because a character hasn't been made recently is a good reason to revisit them, but I'm sure he'll turn out well. I'm most interested to see what they do with Carnage, and especially Dr. Octopus. If ever a character has yet to be really nailed in 'mate form, it's him.

I like this wave, I like interesting costumes and interesting matching team costumes more so... even if they’re on characters we have several versions of already. The Sentinels pretty cool too. So overall it’s a very nice wave.

That said I’d rather have had a Modern Rogue, Modern and/or Updated Mystique, Silver Samurai, or literally any other X-Men related characters than this wave.

Absolutely freaking love this wave. I'm one of maybe 10 people who like the new costumes; Jean and Scott look fantastic. And Bobby Drake! Finally!! Love the "Modern" Sentinel too; maybe he could use a little more bulk or detail through the abs and thighs? Regardless, beautiful wave, and beautiful figures. Between this, the Cap Wave, and the Winter Soldier wave, it's a great year for my personal taste!

Also, i love that technically the team is actually incomplete already. Freaking X-23.

I was hoping for the Uncanny team, but these look good. Although I'm not crazy about the selection of characters here, the designs look nice. I especially like young Cyke's visor and love the sentinel. And it's good to finally get defrosted Bobby.

These all look great, I'm definitely ... 59 waves in, and we still don't have ... Toad

I was on board with the various campaigns for Kang, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Rocket Racoon, Batroc, etc. And I note all now have Minimates or upcoming Minimates (although RR and Batroc are movie versions).

But the lack of Toad is killing me.

Debuted in comics in 1964. Debuted on TV in 1981. Debuted on film and in video games in 2000. His Minimates design even debuted on the original Marvel Minimates poster in 2003.

Toad will even be in this year's X-men movie. We...are...so...close...

Back on topic: This X-men wave looks really cool.

Never read the current series past the first issue. Just no time anymore. But I really like those designs! I'll always prefer classic stuff over most new stuff, but sometimes its nice to be introduced to a new design solely through a fantastic toyline that I collect.

Another newb question guys...

With the excitement of the reveals today it got me thinking (and I'm sure collective group here knows the answer)

How long from first reveal day (today) to when these new mates start hitting stores/retail/Luke's

Meaning what's the lag time between reveal to release usually last?

Thanks in advance

Another newb question guys...

With the excitement of the reveals today it got me thinking (and I'm sure collective group here knows the answer)

How long from first reveal day (today) to when these new mates start hitting stores/retail/Luke's

Meaning what's the lag time between reveal to release usually last?

Thanks in advance

it really depends on the nature of the reveal

seeing as there are 3 movie waves coming and i think Zach has confirmed that this wave will be after those (correct me if im wrong) id say we will see this wave around November or December, sooner if DOFP gets out before October