UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

No Wolverine AND no Cyclops?

Curiouser and curiouser...

Maybe its an Uncanny X-Force vol 2/X-Women?

Or All New Power Rangers?

I think Zach said it was a modern-ish wave. "Not a fan pleaser like 54 was." so maybe not filled with C and lower listers.

So that leaves a Storm team based wave, or perhaps X-Factor/X-Force.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd lose my sh*t is it was an X-Men wave with all the girls currently in adjectiveless X-Men, but i'm sensing it might be more of the All New X-Men as previously mentioned by Undeadpool.

All New actually makes a lot of sense. Popular characters in new costumes that are in a lead x-title and in a cross-over story with Guardians which is about to hit cinemas. It could also be done almost completely as a parts re-use wave. With all the new molds being used in the GotG & DoFP waves, i'd say it's quite likely.

Edited by Nessex

wasnt it mentioned somewhere that we were getting a spiky Iceman?

That would actually be awesome. I've been wanting either a JRJR-style Ice-Hulk or a spiky Iceman since forever.

If it does end up being an All New wave, i'd like to see a de-powered iceman in uniform with ice accessories.

wasnt it mentioned somewhere that we were getting a spiky Iceman?

That would actually be awesome. I've been wanting either a JRJR-style Ice-Hulk or a spiky Iceman since forever.

If it does end up being an All New wave, i'd like to see a de-powered iceman in uniform with ice accessories.

JRJR Ice-hulk?

JRJR sometimes drew Iceman as a huge, hulking, mass of Ice with an uneven surface:

iceman28.jpg

ah alright, i thought you were referring to the Battle of the Atom Ice Hulk, which was an Arthur Adams design I think

Now! seems to be a little more consistent than The New 52, where they're clearly making it up as they go along, but I have to admit when I bought the hardcover of all the first issues of the Now! books, I was surprised how scattered the execution felt.

NOW! = obsolete within 12 months, from what I've noticed.

How so? I mean, other than the literal word "NOW" appearing on covers as a marketing device.

New 52 was, as I read it, a wholesale reboot of the entire DCU history, with new starting points for every character that might or might not track with the original ones. NOW was deployed as a convenient jumping-on point for new readers for sales purposes, but the writing of characters and plots has remained pretty consistent, and there haven't been any status quo resets. Everything that was going on before NOW is still pretty much happening, and I haven't seen any storylines that have just been abandoned or negated.

Whether you like the stories that are being written is an entirely other question, but I think comic fans almost universally despise what is "currently being done" (whenever that happens to be) in comics, and wish everything could just go back to how it was in the good old days, when they were 12. Because comics should never, ever, ever evolve.

Didn't Zach mention in the DOFP thread a while back that even though we weren't getting them in the movie wave, we could expect to see another Sentinel soon, maybe we're getting a revisited Sentinel army builder with this wave?

From February 4th:

Yay! how many figures will be released? can you confirm if atleast 1 of the figure is a sentinel? the future sentinel looks great so i hope DST picked that sentinel biggrin.png

It's a full assortment of eight characters. No army-builder, sorry. Too many cool characters from too many time periods. Not sure we even had Sentinel ref in time, but there's another Sentinel we're looking at elsewhere.

Please, please don't let it be the rainbow All-New X-Men. I'm so tired of the original 4.

With the lack of comic mates this year I'm dyin for something new. Not more versions of Magneto, etc

Some of Storm's team or X-Men members of the Uncanny Avengers would be nice.