UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this set. The uniforms are reminiscent of the original X-Factor uniforms, at least conceptually - a central design done in unique colors for each team member. They really set the team apart from the standard blue and gold X-Men uniform. I think DST has done a great job translating them to Minimate form and I'm especially pleased that they were able to correct the black trim on Bobby to match the current look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a lot of great accessories. I'm really looking forward to this series.

Is Ice Man really going to be white or will he be translucent? I wasn't clear on that.

If you can see the video he appears to be solid white with translucent accessories.

Clearly the figure is white but I thought I heard Zach say something about a "cool new piece cast in translucent so it will look like ice." I wasn't sure if he was referring to the ice blast or ice slide which are already cast in translucent plastic or the currently white figure that will be cast in translucent.

Just hoping for clarity, that's all.

Is that the same ice block from the Captain America TTA box set? Because that's a cool accessory.

Yeah, it looks like it's the same (although the original was a little darker). It also looks like that other Sentinel comes with the MODOK blast base.

I was originally going to pass on this entire wave but these accessories are making me second guess that now.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Can someone post a link to wherever you're seeing these accessories? I'm not seeing anything posted by Turtle. Thanks.

It's a YouTube video. Direct link:

Tip: if you can't see something, quote the original post. You should be able to see the URL in the quote. From there you can copy and paste into your browser's address bar.

Edited by Turtle

That's a lot of great accessories. I'm really looking forward to this series.

Is Ice Man really going to be white or will he be translucent? I wasn't clear on that.

If you can see the video he appears to be solid white with translucent accessories.

Clearly the figure is white but I thought I heard Zach say something about a "cool new piece cast in translucent so it will look like ice." I wasn't sure if he was referring to the ice blast or ice slide which are already cast in translucent plastic or the currently white figure that will be cast in translucent.

Just hoping for clarity, that's all.

99% positive he's talking about the ice slide which is a new piece.

Man, these look nicer and nicer with each new photo. With them I'll be able to finally start that web-comic (the one that was going to be a multi-versal stop-motion, which got turned into a universal marvel stop-motion, now turned into an X-Men story in a new Ultimate like U) I've been working on for a year (let's just hope that 60 gives us some Brotherhood or Shi'Ar members). I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them when they hit (comic subs and the 11th PO go first) but when I do I'll try to pick up some extra Sentinels as well, they look swell.