UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we can't please everybody, but I also know people here are quick to judge, and can be highly vocal about their displeasure. I try not to resent it, and give them a chance to admit they might, someday, see an assortment's value.

Hank's glasses will obviously be translucent, with a no-visor hairpiece and a glasses face. Levitating base and possible powered-up hair and face for Jean. Not sure of the final Iceman rendering, but the new ice part could be a must-have for many.

I like the sound of all that.

I always wondered we DST never used the Ice piece from Suspended Animation Cap as an iceman accessory. It'd be the perfect piece to go with an powered down Jim Lee era Bobby Drake.

However - new ice-sculpts are also always welcome. yes.gif

Edited by Nessex

I'm very keen to see what else turns up at C2E2.....do we finally get to see the Spider-Foes box set?

Yes, but we will announce at the panel, and THEN put it in the case.

Everyone better take pictures. Ignore those pesky NO PHOTOGRAPHY signs, lol

Photography is okay for all. Some may be pending.

I always wondered we DST never used the Ice piece from Suspended Animation Cap as an iceman accessory. It'd be the perfect piece to go with an powered down Jim Lee era Bobby Drake.

Considering that this Bobby Drake could easily pass for a Jim Lee era Bobby Drake, you are getting what you want! He gets that ice block, while Iceman gets an all-new ice slide. One or both of them gets an ice-blast, as well. No snowballs.

I'm very keen to see what else turns up at C2E2.....do we finally get to see the Spider-Foes box set?

Yes, but we will announce at the panel, and THEN put it in the case.

>Everyone better take pictures. Ignore those pesky NO PHOTOGRAPHY signs, lol

Photography is okay for all. Some may be pending.

Considering that this Bobby Drake could easily pass for a Jim Lee era Bobby Drake, you are getting what you want! He gets that ice block, while Iceman gets an all-new ice slide. One or both of them gets an ice-blast, as well. No snowballs.

d18bd42db9ec4f98f860581165e3de5ca759f2fd

There are pics in the C2E2 thread.

I like the ice slide, not sure if it's enough to sway me towards picking up a set or not. I imagine it's not more intricate because even though the 'mates are fairly simple those tampos look like they will be pretty expensive.

Considering that this Bobby Drake could easily pass for a Jim Lee era Bobby Drake, you are getting what you want!

Except for the whole "colors are reversed" thing.
Hmm, I may be thinking about the X-Factor outfit he wore when Lee first drew him circa X-Tinction Agenda:

Uncanny-X-Men-272-Pages-2_3-Jim-Lee.png

all-new-x-men-018-013.jpg

dst-marvel-minimates-series-59-all-new-x

Legs may reverse, but chest and arms seem to match up okay. Wondering if the Toy Biz figure represents the costume you mean.

Fine, he could pass for Champions Iceman:

Champions142.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

I'm glad with this Wave and excited to have Iceman's accessories. As for the Sentinel, I think I still prefer the classic look that came with Rachel Grey back in the days...

I still hope we get wave or boxset containing Cyclops current x-face costume, as well as the other main characters from the book, like Emma Frost, Magik and Magneto... :)

Damn - that's awesome news. And an Ice Slide?!?!?! MORE AWESOME!

The ToyBiz Bobby Drake figure was based on his X-Men Gold Team costume by Whilce Portacio. He's had a few versions of the basic blue and white suit. The one you're showing is either the first or second X-Factor costume, I can't remember if he was shown powered down before Simonson took over. Then there's another one after that but before X-Men from around the Muir Island Saga.