UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Wolverine was just kicked out of the Avengers, and is now devoted to street level crime (save for next years first event: Original Sin, where is part of the squad that will investigate who murdered Uatu.)

As for the costumes, the Uncanny Now! and the Uncanny X-Force costumes have lasted almost a year, at this point. Other than X-Force disbanding in 2 months time, I don't see the Uncanny X-men changing anytime soon, so long as Bendis and Bachalo are still on it.

The only person getting a change is Magneto, but only that his colors are inverted (Blue with white undertones).

Edited by Zexion_Armando

I'd take just about any X-Men any time. I like the Uncanny team, but I don't really expect to see any of those newer characters, so no Goldballs I'm guessing. Shame.

Cyclops/Magneto

Beast/ Kitty

Emma/ Army Builder

Magik/ Army Builder

Not really sure about the army builder. I'd like the Stepford Cuckoos, but I think we're more likely to see some updated Sentinels.

im sorry you're saying wolverine in motorcycle-esque leather jumpsuits DOESNT sound like it fits the character? :P

also armored doesnt always mean iron man, sometimes it just means functional but protective, this obviously has plating as well as a mesh to protect him from harm

lets give an a character with no healing factor a big X basicly around the crotch to aim at. :)

If I was the guy training all the low lvl troops I would have a big target of that costume and be telling them aim for his nut sack. I hope the armour on his jock is good.

lets give an a character with no healing factor a big X basicly around the crotch to aim at. smile.png

LOL Really like the design but you do have a good point there.. Maybe he should re-think that!

The X-face Cyclops looks very cool too, those are the two that really jumped out at me. I do worry as well though that these will be outdated very quickly but could be some good mates.

Here's a better look at the costume that will be inisde the comics:marvel-wolverine1.jpg

I myself really like and hope that we get it. Then again, he is wolverine so we'll no matter what get it.

Interesting, from the looks of those gauntlets he won't be using his own claws. Though I suppose that makes sense considering the amount of damage that the claws must cause when he does extend them. Still, without his healing factor Wolverine is just another human; all-be-it with an unbreakable skeleton, decades of military training, and a membership card to every team in the Marvel Multiverse.

Ah, I get it, that isn't armor. Those are pockets with all those cards so he doesn't need all the 90's era pouches or to carry a man-bag.

That Storm is awesome (bummer), that Cyclops is terrible, Wolverine makes me think of Constrictor, and "healing factor gone"? Ugh. That was my least favorite part of the latest movie.

Chris, I thought the same thing at first. Other artists - and even Bachalo elsewhere - have actually made it work for me:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/133663/2818782-bigboss_cyclops.jpg

That's Larocca's take, which I like best. It may help to know his optic blasts are broken and fire in a weird sort of bullwhip pattern currently, hence the need for a more elaborate visor.

http://www.hypergeeky.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Present-Cyclops-and-Classic-Cyclops-in-All-New-X-Men-4.png

IF we get this figure, it is USELESS without a new optic blast piece. Just saying.

I think the White clothes version needs to be redone before we move to variants.

Sexy black Mystique would be nice though.

Right. Have the white modern version be the regular release, of course. I'd love that too. I'm just campaigning for the variant. It worked with Ultimate Spider-Woman, though EMH Wasp is still undecided.

They wouldn't need to pull stunts like this if writers would stop confusing a healing factor with invincibility for "cool" moments. It took Wolverine days to heal when the Reavers left him crucified in the desert. Now he heals in a matter of seconds after being incinerated down to his skeleton. Yawn.

Edited by bigvis497

i love the X-Men, and an X-Themed wave is usually a guarantee that i'll be buying the full set. But if this wave focuses mostly on re-released characters in their Marvel NOW costumes... I don't. I don't neccessairly dislike any of the current costumes, but I prefer most of the classic looks. I have all of my minimates on special displays, and the only 'current' costumes i'd really be interested in are probably Magneto (since he's on 3 different displays basically wearing the same thing) and Magik (I only have her with the New Mutants, so her current X-Men uniform would be acceptable.) as far as other characters go... I like Rachel and Psylocke's new outfits, but not enough to replace them on the display... especially since i have Rachel Grey (and Shadowcat, for that matter) grouped together with her Excalibur teammates.

what i'd really hope for, of course, would be to finally see Banshee released. maybe with Forge. Maybe with Sunfire. Maybe with Siryn. cripes, maybe with Moira? my need for Banshee has been tamed a bit since I made a quick custom, but an official release would be so great.

Sounds like Silver Age Superman Syndrome. (Yes, it's a thing.) The guy's basically unstoppable unless you hurt his feelings.

They wouldn't need to pull stunts like this if writers would stop confusing a healing factor with invincibility for "cool" moments. It took Wolverine days to heal when the Reavers left him crucified in the desert. Now he heals in a matter of seconds after being incinerated down to his skeleton. Yawn.

Once again, I have an idea of box set that you'd make me pretty happy: classic disco Dazzler, classic Rogue, Mystique and Destiny. I've heard that female sets don't sell so well as other sets, but geez... Imagine the disco Dazzler mate with silver outfit and roller blades (dreaming is free, right?!).

For a modern look, I'd vote for the recent looks for Cyclops, Magik (with Phoenix Five variant), Magneto, Rogue, Storm and Rachel Summers.