UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#nomorestandardcases

This, this, and this. Most of the comic shops I visit have stopped carrying Minimates because of the variant pack. They sell one complete set and then the rest of the customers get their set elsewhere. That leaves them with several unsold packs that they might be able to move if there's an army builder or good alternate look. Not a big deal for one wave but it becomes a problem after multiple waves begin to stockpile and gather dust. Making all cases custom cases would solve that problem.

#nomorestandardcases

This, this, and this. Most of the comic shops I visit have stopped carrying Minimates because of the variant pack. They sell one complete set and then the rest of the customers get their set elsewhere. That leaves them with several unsold packs that they might be able to move if there's an army builder or good alternate look. Not a big deal for one wave but it becomes a problem after multiple waves begin to stockpile and gather dust. Making all cases custom cases would solve that problem.

I think this is the case (no pun intended) with my LCS, especially with The Walking Dead lately. When you've got an obscure variant few people give a crap about, it's less of a problem. But when the chase figure is a highly sought-after character (like Black Suit Spidey back in the day) it causes problems.

I came close to telling them not to order the cases just for me knowing I could fall back on Luke's but apparently I wasn't the only one asking so they ordered them. I'm trying to support my local businesses.

58 went through some changes, and was delayed. We meant to hold off on soliciting 59, but ended up offering them in the same month. Not sure a month's difference would have gotten them here at different times, regardless, but who knows.

Here are some pics of parts:

10169188_839905462720379_436200667087970

10421111_839905519387040_304715583587308

10552484_839905662720359_270084765638387

10625140_839905722720353_438669081636785

10696344_839905729387019_688950830469432

10484727_839905749387017_298697062242110

Great pix, this set looks like a lot of fun.

So Zach, now that 57, 58, and 59 are hitting, and 60 is soon to be announced, is 61 far along in the planning stages or is it still a ways off? Do you think 61 will be the Age of Ultron movie wave or will DST be able to squeeze in another 616 wave?

#nomorestandardcases

I think this is the case (no pun intended) with my LCS, especially with The Walking Dead lately. When you've got an obscure variant few people give a crap about, it's less of a problem. But when the chase figure is a highly sought-after character (like Black Suit Spidey back in the day) it causes problems.

I came close to telling them not to order the cases just for me knowing I could fall back on Luke's but apparently I wasn't the only one asking so they ordered them. I'm trying to support my local businesses.

Called all the comic shops around where I work and live (10-12 total) and none of them carry minimates anymore. Before 2013, it used to be easy and I could go a bunch of comic shops and pick up minimates no problem. Now it looks like online is my only option.

Codpiece does not fit over both. I like it, it makes him look more robotic. Remember, this is a modern Sentinel, not a Classic, and people didn't like put choice for the shoulder armor, either. You can always take it off.

On a related note, the factory may have put Beast's codpiece over HIS riser, which also does not fit. but his chest cover does not cover it, either, so you may want to just remove it. He wasn't supposed to have it, and doesn't need it.

Edited by DSTZach

I was able to get in there and get Jean/Scott and weirdly Bobby/Sentinal but didn't see anyone else. I am also the devil though so I basically threw the spare heads on my uniform X-Men in the Danger Room and am waiting to display the others until I find Iceman, Warren and Hank.

Codpiece does not fit over both. I like it, it makes him look more robotic. Remember, this is a modern Sentinel, not a Classic, and people didn't like put choice for the shoulder armor, either. You can always take it off.

On a related note, the factory may have put Beast's codpiece over HIS riser, which also does not fit. but his chest cover does not cover it, either, so you may want to just remove it. He wasn't supposed to have it, and doesn't need it.

Sooooooooooo .... the codpiece does not fit over ....er ... both ...er ...both ....of them ............pinch.gif ...& Beast's is over his ....er..um......riser blink.png

smile.png

I don't know... I love the omega red gloves and circle chest. The only thing that would make this new sentinel perfect to me is the waist piece from the DoFP version

I do like the circle chest, but what really makes the DoFP version my favorite is the color scheme. I just find to others a little too washed out for my taste

CORRECTION: I got confused, the riser is PART of the codpiece. molded on top. This was an eyes-open design choice, but you can always remove your codpiece if you don't like it. (That one was for BHM.)

Great group shot, Glantern!

Youbastards, Series 61 is also comic-based, I believe. Not positive.