UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

I'm not being condescending, just voicing an idea out loud. Sorry if it seemed that way.

At no time did I believe you were being condescending, I like you was just voicing an idea out loud in the form of an opinion. As I have stated many times, I completely understand why DST focuses on the most recognizable/most popular/main characters from Marvel Comics or any property for that matter. It's just that after 11 years of collecting what I consider to be the absolute best toy line there is(in fact I stopped collecting any other toy line years ago to focus only on minimates and other than a few figures here and there, all my collecting money goes to minimates), I would like a little more variety in character selection, which for the most part DST does a good job at. I am a completist(that's my own sickness that I have to deal with lol) and will buy everything that is put out whether I like/know the character or not, or if I already have 6 other 'mates that look exactly the same, but with a slightly different tampo. But for every ten Wolverines, it would be nice if someone like Toad or Pryo or comic Blob would be made; for every five Thors, maybe one of the Warriors Three or maybe one of the Wrecking Crew. I'm not asking for every single 'mate to be a new unmade character, just a little more variety in character selection in each wave.

All that said, this wave does look great and of course I'll be buying them. Love that they have tampo on the sides of the chest blocks.

I'm in the same boat, bro. Hoping that the last year or so is the exception not the rule and we get back on track soon. I can't stay mad at a line that's given me a full New Mutants roster and not one but two non-Asian Psylockes.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these as Minimates. Very colorful, detailed but not too busy, and some very recognizable comic characters. I will only be getting Iceman though, as I haven't read and don't plan on reading the new series. This Iceman though, will fit well with various earlier teams. I need to put together a display with this version of the Defenders:

ga81b80e7.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

I know we can't please everybody, but I also know people here are quick to judge, and can be highly vocal about their displeasure. I try not to resent it, and give them a chance to admit they might, someday, see an assortment's value.

Hank's glasses will obviously be translucent, with a no-visor hairpiece and a glasses face. Levitating base and possible powered-up hair and face for Jean. Not sure of the final Iceman rendering, but the new ice part could be a must-have for many.

I'm very excited by this set - any new X-Men set is great to me. I've been reading All-New X-Men since it started, and the Immoment costumes are awesome - gives them that team look while having their own individual colors.

As someone who has the first appearance set, the X-Factor set, and got all the 90s looks together, I'm always up for another iteration of the original five. :)

I love Marvel Minimates, but I don't love these. At this point, I must own about 1,200 minimates, but this year it looks like I won't be buying many.

Starting to feel like we will never get the Brotherhood, Banshee, etc.

Zach, your the best so if you read this I don't want you to think it is any criticism of you. Just for me, this is not looking like a good year. Hopefully Aliens will fill the void.

I don't think the majority of the responses to this wave have been that negative, the consensus for the most part seems to be "These look great, we just want to see new characters also."

I would actually be just as interested in some updated Cockrum/Byrne-era X-Men figures as new characters we haven't seen yet. Though in the process, we definitely need a Banshee, and classic Sunfire.

Seriously, some of the best, most iconic comics in the history of Marvel. Those character designs should be revisited by DST all the time IMO.

I would actually be just as interested in some updated Cockrum/Byrne-era X-Men figures as new characters we haven't seen yet. Though in the process, we definitely need a Banshee, and classic Sunfire.Seriously, some of the best, most iconic comics in the history of Marvel. Those character designs should be revisited by DST all the time IMO.

This. I would be so thrilled by this. Cockrum/Byrne X-Men are like my favorite super hero team ever. Proper versions of all of them would be killer. Edited by Glantern

Cockrum/Byrne X-Men would be great. I'd love the modern Uncanny team- X-face Cyclops, Emma, Magik, Goldballs, and some others. My number one X-want though is 90's X-Factor. Still.

All that said, now that I've had the chance to see these on a computer rather than my phone, they look great. Cyclops visor piece looks amazing- better than I initially thought. All New X-Men has been a pretty fun read (even if there is literally not a single new X-Man in it). I hope that X-23 and Professor Pryde get released at some point too. Anyway, these look poppy and fun, just like the comic. I look forward to them.

I'll admit some cool Iceman accessories might convince me to pick up a pack.

I had actually been hoping this wave would be based on the Cockrum/Byrne X-Men, seemed like something classic would have been a nice change after all the movie waves. I can understand why DST would go with this lineup though.

So, while I do hate this wave...I would totally buy an Iceman IF he comes with an ice slide accessory! I've been wanting one for years now. That would be the saving grace of this wave for me.

The first thing that came to mind when Zach mentioned Iceman's accessories making him a must buy was an ice slide. I really hope that's what it is.

If the book is currently a popular title, then this really seems like a smart wave to get into COMIC shops to attract new buyers. My preference is classic, but I'm all for new designs to keep the line alive. And they really do look great, even though I'm not familiar with the source material.