UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would I have preferred Quentin or the Uncanny X-Men? Absolutely. But, do I like this wave? Hell Yeah I do! The colors are vibrant, the costumes remind me of classic sci-fi and it's nice to finally have a depowered Bobby. It could be better character wise, but I'm still excited. The Sentinel could be a bit more detailed but I missed on the previous releases so I'll do with what I have.

I wouldn't have thought bulked-up Beast would be the way to go, but seeing the picture I think it works better than DST's other attempts at Beast in his human form. Overall the wave seems like a great representation of these costumes but I think it will still be the first comic wave I've skipped since 27.

Damn, I was really looking forward to the rumored X-Men wave. With so few comic waves coming out I thought maybe there would be something I like in here, but it's more NOW stuff. Very much disappointed. I wish we could get some variety like in previous years.

This may be the make it or break it year for me and Minimates. The last few announcements have been all movie and NOW looks which do nothing for me, to me it was much more fun when we got a little bit of everything.

These all look great, I'm definitely going to pick these up. Which isn't really a revelation, I buy all of them regardless. Here's my one quibble though....

Do these look great? Yes.

Am I going to buy them? Of course.

Would I trade this entire wave for one Pyro minimate? Yes.

I feel like my only reservations with these aren't due to the 'mates themselves, because they look great, I only wish we could get some new characters in an X-Men comic wave, especially Brotherhood members. 59 waves in, and we still don't have a comic Blob, Pyro, Avalanche or Toad, I feel like their absence is very noticeable.

Really nice looking wave. I love these costumes, but I appear to be in the minority.

You are not alone, I really like these too.

I still hope we get an x-face cyclops or whatever the new costume is called.

I have a decal for this if you would like it, let me know.

It's a good comic, and a pretty popular one by my understanding. I recommend the first three trades.

And I don't think we've made four of these characters in the last three years. Sure, Cyclops got tapped twice for AvX, but when did the First Class set hit? And MVC3 Phoenix? Not exactly frequent flyers nowadays.

I believe the Sentinel will have tentacles, sorry people don't like the shoulders. Hope we make a Sentinel you like real soon!

damn - something about those Sentinels eyes... i swear i've seen original art they were modelled on recently.

That sentinel face tamp is brilliant. i hope it stays exactly that way into production. Very glad to here it comes with tentacles too!

Also - REALLY glad to see another determined looking female face!

I'm glad for the people that wanted these. But it's just another wave that I wish was something different. There are so many movie waves to wade through that I was hoping the tiny but of attention that the comics would receive would be to take care of some classic wants instead of what we are getting. On the bright side, at least there's a Bobby Drake head to QC into a First Class and First Appearance Drake. And props to DST for releasing the entire team.