UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may be remembering wrong, but doesnt the whole DOFP future happen because Mystqiue assassinates Senator Kelly (sparking the world to rely on Sentinels, which causes them to grow to take over the world)

I think Mystique as the assassin was just from the cartoon, but I could be wrong.

Disregard. It WAS Mystique and the Brotherhood.

i may be remembering wrong, but doesnt the whole DOFP future happen because Mystqiue assassinates Senator Kelly (sparking the world to rely on Sentinels, which causes them to grow to take over the world)

I think Mystique as the assassin was just from the cartoon, but I could be wrong.Disregard. It WAS Mystique and the Brotherhood.

Actually, the assassin was Destiny during a battle with the Brotherhood. Kitty deflected the shot by phasing through her and causing some dues ex psychic overload. She immediately jumped back to her future self at the end.

I'd be great a boxset with Cyclops (x-face uniform), Dark Emma Frost, bald Magneto and Dark Magik... Dreams, dreams, dreams...

I wish this were the SDCC set. It reminds me of the Uncanny X-Men AVX set and i think it's entirely possible that such a box set is to be released.

I'd be great a boxset with Cyclops (x-face uniform), Dark Emma Frost, bald Magneto and Dark Magik... Dreams, dreams, dreams...

I wish this were the SDCC set. It reminds me of the Uncanny X-Men AVX set and i think it's entirely possible that such a box set is to be released.

I'm fine with those characters getting made, but I think that would be a waste of a SDCC exclusive, when that lineup would make more sense at retail.

I'm fine with those characters getting made, but I think that would be a waste of a SDCC exclusive, when that lineup would make more sense at retail.

Would I prefer a classic T-Bolts set? Absolutely. But with Alpha flight not selling that well and with the SDCC sets getting a bit more high profile (last year's had wolverine,deadpool and iron man sets with costume variations if i'm not mistaken) i think a line-up like this would work. They are characters that everyone wants, they are all 4 heroes and they are in their current costumes. It would make lots of collectors happy and it'd sell like hotcakes. Besides, if they had a sure seller set, then they could release a less-high profile team as the other set (and in NYCC if the roster is bigger) and it wouldn't be as much of a gamble.

Now, I'm not saying that this is the case for this year's or the next's SDCC or NYCC but it'd make a bit of sense.

For SDCC I would rather see a box set that has average buyer appeal but also really appeals to the attendance at a comic con. A Clone Saga box set for example, has Spiderman for the average buyer but is a storyline a lot of collectors would also like to see featured.

For SDCC I would rather see a box set that has average buyer appeal but also really appeals to the attendance at a comic con. A Clone Saga box set for example, has Spiderman for the average buyer but is a storyline a lot of collectors would also like to see featured.

Sounds like a great idea to me !!!

Updated Reilly Spider-Man

Jackal

Updated Reilly Scarlet Spider

Classic Kaine

Yeah, I could see it happening.

Updated Reilly Spider-Man

Jackal

Updated Reilly Scarlet Spider

Classic Kaine

Yeah, I could see it happening.

Sold American. I'll take two.

Why is there Spider-Man wishlisting in the X-Men thread? I'm so confused.

I think the Clone Saga would actually serve better as a wave than a boxset; two Spider-Man variants as anchors would give you lots of room to work with the other characters. Cyclops' evil mutants on the other hand seem perfectly suited for an exclusive boxset.

I like the bulk that was put on Beast. I gather that the Sentinel is re-using Iron Man parts for the body? Oh... and it looks like Omega red's gloves. I wonder if if it will come with the whips / wires to attach.

SentinelMkIIUXM58p1.PNG
Edited by MINI_MYTE