UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 59* **: X-citing possibilities. (*edited for posterity [**again])

Nessex

Specialty will get a modern X-Men wave, no spoilers.

It's "current."

But we have a classic box set in the works.

Zach said it - it's out there. . . A current X-Men wave is coming to specialty stores.

With Waves 55 & 56 allocated to Winter Soldier & ASM2 respectively, one might assume that 57 will be the X-Men wave.

Clues given so far for the Specialty wave.

1) Current X-men wave

2) No Storm

3) No 'NEW' villains

Zach has mentioned that to his knowledge there are no 'new' villains in the wave. Perhaps we'll see a much wanted update of Mystique, or modern Sabretooth?

$_35.JPG

As for Army Builders, i was hoping we might see Prime Sentinels or Purifiers, but i suspect they both fall outside the realms or 'current' or 'no NEW villains'.... so - perhaps the Cuckoos? The feature a fair bit in the current Uncanny title...

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it won't have an army builder, and instead have overlap with something else, like this upcoming Cap wave? Either between a TRU wave (not very likely) or a boxset

Cyke and Emma

Magneto and Magik

Modern Kitty Pryde and Mystique

All New Marvel Now! Armored Wolverine and Now! Troll Beast.

and you can share Wolverine and Beast with a Uncanny X-Force or All New X-men Power Rangers costumes.

or an X-Force boxset of Storm, Rogue, Rachel, and Psylocke.

I was excited for this wave a lot more until I found out there would be no new villains. I really don't understand it, the Brotherhood has been such a huge part of the X-Men in all forms of media, and yet we have gotten next to no members of the actual group. Puzzling.

I was excited for this wave a lot more until I found out there would be no new villains. I really don't understand it, the Brotherhood has been such a huge part of the X-Men in all forms of media, and yet we have gotten next to no members of the actual group. Puzzling.

I'm still optimistic that the villains will be good. We don't necessarily know what Zach meant by "NEW." Does that mean the only villains we will get have already appeared as minimates? Or does it mean no relatively new villians in the comics universe (opening the possibility to old villains who have never been made as minimates such as the Brotherhood)? Is it even a coy reference to the All-New X-Men, meaning we are getting a villain from one of the fifteen other X-Men comics out there? Besides I would love an updated Deathstrike or something like that.

I like the combination of no healing factor + adamantium skeleton OR healing factor + normal skeleton. Logan getting a compound fracture and having to reset it before it heals was always an interesting problem to me, kinda like Spidey running out of web fluid.

So now that he's no longer got the healing factor, isn't he that much less a mutant? I mean, he's still got his claws but otherwise he's pretty much Mr. Furious from Mystery Men, right?