UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Holy !@#$, Simpsons Legos!

hellpop

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the TRU tonight and picked up about 16 of these. Came home, then started feeling the bags to try and only open the ones I wanted to keep. So far, I'm 4 for 4 identifying the main crew (Homer, Marge, Bart, and Maggie)

Edited by karamazov80

I caved and bought one today. I didn't do a lot of feeling because I wanted a surprise. I got Lisa, who probably would have been one of the last ones I would've chosen. I'll probably pick up a few more at some point and repeat the mantra, "I'm not gonna go crazy with these. I don't need to get them all."

I don't collect Lego figures .

The Simpsons Lego case-breakdown seems fair ......... attachicon.gif13885645525_cc18d5fd9a_z.jpg

60 in a case ,16 to a set , 3 complete sets , 7 moderately rare figures ( 3 of each) , 4/5 each of the most popular (my words)

characters- family members .

I don't collect LEGO minifigures either as I don't really care for the overall design aesthetic, but the Simpsons minifigures somehow work really well imho. I think it is the sculpted heads that translate the cartoon style so well. They don't seem like typical LEGO minifigures and I think you would like them BHM (if you like Simpsons at all).

I don't want to de-rail this thread so I'll direct further discussion to the Simpsons Lego Thread.

I actually do like them & i'm so tempted to bite but then I just know I'll start thinking about the house .......& then where will it all end ? no.gif

I opened 3 more, and am now 7 for 7 with these. The trick is just to take a lot of time making absolutely sure you know what's in there before opening laugh.png

Right, patience is key. It also gets easier the more do, it used to take my a couple minutes to correctly "feel up" a bag but now it usually only takes a few seconds to see who it is.

If you go 16 for 16... and went to WrestleMania... and had Clark Kent as a kid...verymad.gif

Ha! Yes, if not for some health issues with my daughter, I would consider myself a pretty fortunate guy at the moment. I bet I could go 16 for 16 if I really wanted all of these figures, which I don't.

I caved and bought one today. I didn't do a lot of feeling because I wanted a surprise. I got Lisa, who probably would have been one of the last ones I would've chosen. I'll probably pick up a few more at some point and repeat the mantra, "I'm not gonna go crazy with these. I don't need to get them all."

Funny, I bought about 16 packs total, and all I really wanted was the full Simpsons family. The only one who eluded me was Lisa, so I resorted to eBay for her.

I paid $3.99 per pack at the Lego store in Walt Disney World, Florida. I haven't seen any in the Los Angeles TRUs yet and I haven't checked my closest Lego store in northern Los Angeles.

The Lego store in Florida was packed with tourists, and every person in line making a purchase had a handful of these. My rather limited impression of these is that they are a big hit. With my first purchase they had several large full stocked bins by the checkout. Two days later with my return visit to the same store, I found the bins only half full.

You can buy these from TRU.com, and the Lego store, as well. So, they are pretty easy to get your hands on if you want them, though I'm also not surprised to hear that they would be pretty popular. One of the biggest geek licenses around, associated with one of the most popular toy brands in existence.

So, I started work on my Simpsons Minimates! I've made Homer, Lisa, and Burns so far, with Marge, Bart and Krusty in process. I was going to take pictures, but I can't find my camera at the moment. Anyway, the heads look GREAT on Minimate bodies, so anyone that is looking for something to do with your extras, there's that. If I can't find my camera, I'll just snap some phone photos.

I opened a couple more before bringing the rest back to the store, as I decided I wanted to keep Flanders and Apu. But I finally got one wrong! What I thought was Apu was actually Mr. Burns.

If anyone wants a Mr. Burns for cost, let me know, as I don't need his clone on display with the real deal.

I finally got a full set of Lego Minifigures and it is the Simpsons Set.

In the process I got two extra Bart's, two extra Lisa's, one extra Mr. Burns, and two extra Quik-E Mart clerks.

I will likely never get the Simpsons House because my wife will not allow me to do so. I primarily collect the minifigure sets because I like the challenge.

Since Lego has been doing the 16 figure sets of minifigures, I have about 56% of them. I have also very few duplicates. I only have one from series 1 and that is the Caveman. I am only missing three from the Lego Movie series (two robots and the mermaid), and I really try to get any of them that follow a theme, like soldiers or robots or myths. I wish I could have more money to spend on them but they are expensive. My best find was Medusa as I was told by a lego store employee she was the most limited next to Mr. Gold. I wish I had a Mr. Gold.

I would say the ones I am really glad I have are the Halloween themed figures. Wolfman, Frankenstein's Monster, The Creature (from a Monster Fighters set), Mummy, Dracula, Skeleton (from some set I had), Witch, Ghost (from some castle set my cousins had as kids and gave me when I asked for one and he still glows in the dark), Scarecrow, Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde, and fortune teller.) Then I have the ones which are Lego People in costumes with them: The lizard, The Gorilla, The Bunny, the Chicken and the Panda.

I completed my set of Simpsons (pending the arrival of a trade) when I "felt up" Chief Wiggum at Wal-Mart Saturday night. Sadly, I'm probably going to appear on that "people of Wal-Mart" website now.

I have some extras that I will part with for cheap if anyone is interested:

1 Maggie

2 Krustys

1 Ralph Wiggum

1 Bart

1 Millhouse

I'm willing to be creative with trades, like 3 for 1 random Minimate or a bag of parts or something.

• 2 weeks later...