UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Luke's Toy Store Appreciation Thread

This may seem odd but I really couldn't think of a better way to thank Luke for everything that he does for the MMMV and Minimate collector community in general. Personally, since I've been following minimates since their inception, just never bought any till a year ago I would have never thought there would be a dedicated ( diversifying now...but still ) non-DST or AA minimate store. I have only bought a handful of toys from Luke's until recently when I caught up on Thundercats and Battle Beasts and I have nothing but amazing things to say about him and his store. In addition to regular retail Luke also goes out of his way to get us access to retailer exclusive items like the stealth Vorin.

I really just wanted to say thank you to Luke and thought the rest of you could chime in on your experience with Luke and how lucky we are to have a source like the toy store.

*I was not paid for this...lol*

THANKS LUKE!

I'd like to think that Luke & I are 'forum friends' & as a Minimate fanatic,customiser,promoter,innovator et al ,he is in that very small bunch at the top of the league of my Minimate gods.

Even if he wasn't he would still be the guy that runs a damn good show with that store of his,the best around....... no question .

He has always helped me out but we always keep it strictly business .......just recently however he has taken this to a level over & above of what I perhaps deserved. It shan't be forgotten.

Thankyou Luke.

Needed to be said.

P.S.Luke .....I still reserve the right to moan thumbsup.gif

-Beavis

The store would have never worked without the support we have received here at MMV, so I should really be the one thanking all of you!

The thing that I am the most proud of over the past year is expanding our loose parts section. Before starting the store, it is something I always wished a store would do.

Luke,

I have to chime in and say THANK YOU!

I have had nothing but GREAT SERVICE from you and your staff and I look forward to my purchases from your store.

I also greatly appreciate your insight on some of my customizing.

Without you and your talents, I would not have Mirror Chekov, Mirror Scotty or Mirror McCoy for my custom Star Trek Collection.

I hope to be able to place another order very soon so I am glad you are there for me to get my fix on the mates I am not able to find in my area for a lack of LCS that deal with Minimates.

I hope you and your store, Live Long and Prosper.

It never fails - I always have something positive to say about my purchasing experiences with Luke. Even when I have special concerns or oddball questions/requests, he is quick to accommodate and give the best quality a small business (or big businesses, for that mater) can give. Collecting Minimates would be a very different experience without Luke's Toy Store!

The store would have never worked without the support we have received here at MMV, so I should really be the one thanking all of you!

The thing that I am the most proud of over the past year is expanding our loose parts section. Before starting the store, it is something I always wished a store would do.

Are you viable without us yet?

Are you viable without us yet?

I estimate that MMV members account for about 20% of our sales. There are a lot of fans out there who are not on MMV! We actually have a lot of customers in Japan who place very large orders, and I don't believe any of them are here. And of course at Christmas time we get a lot of orders from new customers as well.

Luke is always kind to combine shipping on multiple orders and pre-orders for me. some of my favorite minimate accessories are from him because they are unique and "exclusive"! I have the 3d printed ones, the tesseract hand (which i use for my movie red skull), and the ice sled.

i have to send a thank you to Heidi as well as Luke, they are a dynamic duo!

A very worthwhile thread! Certainly can't say too often how great Luke has been to me over the years, both officially through his store and even moreso through all the other help he has given me! I hope his store continues to do well for many years to come and that all the innovative accessory ideas etc keep flowing!

Luke is awesome. I used to get my mates from Big Bad TS or AFX. But both of them have some problems for me. BBTS is in my home state, so, while cheaper than AFX, I get charged taxes (greedy government!), and I usually let my Pile of Loot sit too long that they could no longer find items that were supposedly in my order. AFX was good with exclusives, but their prices are higher and their shipping is outrageous! $5 for a box and 50 cents per item to place in it? PLUS SHIPPING COSTS!

Luke is the best of both worlds. Cheaper prices (typically). Significantly cheaper shipping costs. He gets in AFX exclusives. And to top it off, he is just over the border so I don't have to pay the government! :P *Note: when I file my taxes I always take my online purchases into account* :yes:

:no:

And Luke has combined orders, thrown in promos, and helped my get those awesome Trek stickers after his original offer lapsed.

Really hoping you make it to C2E2 this year, Luke. And that I make it too.

Japanese buyers? Would this information be of interest to DST? I imagine thats an untapped market for them, given the popularity of blind packs and things like Kubricks there?

I'm also intrigued by the Japanese connection . Oddly enough DST's only blind-boxed line ....Street Fighter...... was uniquely sold in Japan some years ago.

Kubricks .....as far as I can tell....almost cease to be !!! Very little new has been released in some while.

As a UK based collector, not only has LTS provided me with a great way to get all the main waves without paying scalper or hugely inflated P&P prices off eBay. Through him I've also been able to get various SDCC sets, again for reasonable prices. Luke, thank you for providing an international fan with a great resource to feed his addition smile.png

Let me just say that Luke stinks.

No, it's not true. I just wanted to have a dissenting opinion. Luke's site is awesome. Not only is the best to deal with, his exclusively made minimate backdrops and accessories are incredible. So glad that this hobby has Luke out there. (Luke, you also seem like a good family man and a nice guy, which makes me feel good about putting my money in your hands.)

Luke is my exclusive source for minimates other than TRU exclusives. He is beyond accommodating when it comes to holding my preorders and sending my stuff at my convenience. If it weren't for his help some of my customs would not have been complete. Luke is more than a store, he is a resource and a friend.

I recently made my first purchase from LTS, and I am sorry it took me so long to get off my butt to do it.

His customer service was great. Thanks for the awesome Alpha Flight minimates!

I'll be back (promise not a threat).

Thanks Luke!