UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's the cheapest minimate you've ever purchased?

I got one of the Sony Minimate packs for 1 cent. Back in the day, I got one of the old Street Fighter 4-packs for $3 or $4, and I also got some cheap Target 'Mates way back when (Dardevil/GR, Kitty Pryde/Beast, and the much sought after Riot Spidey/irrelevantwhoispackagedwiththismasterpiece I think?).

Those Peter Pan 'Mates from last year were also pretty sweet.

Edited by karamazov80

At a Fan Expo this year {big Canadian convention}, a booth was doing some last minute clearances for the day and sitting at the bottom of the $2 bin was a glow in the dark pirate ship MIB. Obviously its not as jaw dropping as a cent two pack, but it's definitely something.

It's not a penny but one time I ordered a single set of the Silver Centurion Iron Man/First Appearance Iron Man from AFX when they were on special for like 5 bucks or something and they sent me a whole damn case of them.

I would gladly buy ANY MvC 2 packs that are a penny plus shipping!

Just saw this as well:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/010514A_DS_TRU_965549.pdf

Someone should try to use that coupon with the 1 cent set. I guess no tax is charged on 1 penny packs? Or is it actually 2 cents? Edited by karamazov80

I haven't found the 1¢ TRU deals, but back in the day I stumbled across an online sale (I think it was AFX? I can't remember for sure) of 1¢ LOTR Elven Warrior 2 packs. Of course, shipping made it more like $2 or $3 a pack, but I choose to remember it as the time I army built for pennies ;)

There would be no way for it to work, since 1 penny is the lowest possible currency denomination. I just thought it would be funny to see the look on the checkout person's face. With a bunch of $1 and 1 cent items, you probably got that look elmeaux laugh.png

Blerg - that's crazy. I passed up a lot of those UM sets just because the shipping to Oz was gonna be a bit much with all my marvel stuff, but for .01 a piece.... that's mighty tempting.

I got a set at a TRU in Stewart, FL while my wife and I were on vacation between Chirstmas and New Years for only a penny as well as one set for 40 cents and one for 80 cents. That was my cheapest purchase ever for minimates. I got Rhodes and a Drone for 80 cents, I got Armored Thor and Beta Ray Bill for $40 cents and my set for one cent was Odin and Loki from the first Thor movie.

I only wish I had found a larger number of under a dollar minimates because I would have snagged them all up.

My wife was very happy for my bargain find and allowed me to get the two sets that were only $5.98 each because I had already spent over $200 at the Lego Store earlier on our vacation.

You found a Rhodes/Drone set? Is that 3 years old? Well done!

The best I have done in the past is $1 for the MAX jet. The cheapest 2 packs I have encountered at TRU were $2.48 (going back to BSG days), although I bought a Wesker/Doom set in early Dec 2013 for about that price too.

I may have paid $1.99 when Target was abandoning minimates and I bought up what they had (how long ago was that?!?).

I bought a bunch of Street Fighters 2 packs for $2.50 at FiveBelow, but that was about 3 years ago or more.

• 3 weeks later...