UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2014: The Elephantaning

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally opened up my Birthday Elephant present today. I have to say that whoever sent me all of this great stuff just absolutely crushed it! I not only received some great Minimates and Lego Simpsons, but a cool looking book, an automatic top 3 favorite t-shirt of all time, and a gigantic laugh.

After cutting throught the tape and removing some packing materials, I was greeted by a swarm of *PLASTIC* bugs.... biggrin.png I'm still a little gun shy after The Antpocalypse so my initial reaction was to recoil. But then I genuinely cracked the hell up. Here are some pictures of my haul:

Roachpocalypse_zps391f5b2e.jpg

BEle1_zps7416ff00.jpg

BEle2_zps5ceb2683.jpg

BEle3_zps96ffffaa.jpg

Seriously, how awesome is that shirt?!? I'm very grateful to the person that drew my name this year. This was an incredibly cool gift to open up, after the shock, of course!!! As for guesses as to who drew my name, I'm going to guess Zombie Shakespeare first. The zombie related book and the AD reference are my biggest clues. If I'm right, then a sincere thanks to ZS! And if I'm wrong, then I'll have a sincere thanks for the next guess on my list!

How can I get a copy of that shirt!

It's a one-of-a-kind item and cannot be replicated......unless I made another one I guess.

If you messaged me your address and shirt size, I could get one out to you.

Or, I just used a simple iron-on set I got at a craft store. I could email you the PNG file and you could make your own.

• 1 month later...

Let me start by apologizing for being 3 months late with posting this. Now let me say Thank You to my birthday elephant, whomever you may be. This was my first time participating in one of these exchanges and I am very pleased with my gift. I got a bunch of wonderful figs, including 2 of my grails.

post-6840-0-64822000-1416896933_thumb.jppost-6840-0-61765900-1416896958_thumb.jppost-6840-0-26943400-1416896982_thumb.jp

THANKS AGAIN BIRTHDAY ELEPHANT.

post-28-0-46862300-1417393435_thumb.jpg

I'm a few days behind as well but big thanks to my birthday elephant jcastick! I got a great Hellboy card, cool frankenmate, custom BatSentry (!!), Expendables boxset and two awesome hand-drawn cards of Batman and Hellboy (my daughter loves the little cat, 'It's so cute!").

Thank you Jason!!

Thanks to this year's thanksgiving pie induced sugar rush I was able to figure out who my mystery gifter was. I believe my Birthday Elephant to be none other than Buttheadsmate!

Thank you sir for the outstanding gift!

So. I got mine yesterday. I was really just blown away. Whoever my BDay was apparently knows my taste. I got a wonderful Abby Chase: Danger Girl custom, 3 MLP blind bags, books 2 and 3 of Strangers in Paradise (allowing me to continue the best comic book I've never read), A Birthday sticker, 5 Terry Dodson Black Cat prints, and a massive Evil That Men Do #1 poster. After I pulled the poster out of the waterlogged ditch this morning (thanks USPS) I was giggling for a while.

bday1_zps24a51fea.jpg

bday2_zps9d503135.jpg

bday3_zps21c551ae.jpg

dangergirl1_zps88133291.jpg

Now, a few clues. The stickers, prints and posters are all professionally printed. Those sizes don't come off a home office inkjet. Abby had decals on her chest. Not sure if that's a clue or not. I can barely see past how awesome it is.

Return address was Bloomingfield MA. There are 4 members in Bloomingfirld, but only 2 in MA. Blacksun and Sha_ckwave. Sha_ckwave might know me a little better, but that doesn't mean Blacksun couldn't do his research. And given that he's the only one on the list with a printing company/experience, I'm just going to go ahead and say:

Thank you Blacksun!

dangergirl2_zpsb4431cc4.jpg

(And sorry if I'm wrong)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my gifts arrived in 2 parts. The first package had these two really awesome books! Super Graphic is full of interesting facts and info about the comics world in infographic format, very cool. The 2nd book is full of incredible art work and sketches of all different styles depicting burlesque dancers. As a graphic designer, these are right up my alley.

IMG_6101_zps15930a24.jpg

The next day after getting the 1st package, I got an email:

"On Thursday you should get a package from Amazon. This might confuse you. Do not worry - this is just the first part of your gift from your Minimate Multiverse Birthday Elephant (also known as "Gary"). The second part of your gift will be coming soon after - perhaps Friday, perhaps over the weekend. The mysteries of the postal service are confusing to a simple Birthday Elephant known as Gary. Please enjoy all your gifts when you recieve them.

Gary
-the alias for your Birthday Elephant"

First I was all like "Whaaaaat??" Then I was all like "Woo Hoo, more awesome stuff!" Since I had already gotten package 1 before I got the email I was even more excited.

A few day later I get package 2. Inside were two nicely wrapped gifts along with a note from "Gary"

IMG_6096_zps2bd88b5d.jpg

Take off the paper and... jackpot! Best of Wave 3 and MZ Villains box set 2!! Cross these off my want list smile.png

IMG_6097_zps114a31b1.jpg

Thank you so much "Gary" for all this awesome stuff! Now trying to figure out who you are might have been a little bit more challenging if it hadn't been for...

IMG_6098_zps40f26a7d.jpg

...this note included with the books laugh.png So, thank you to my birthday elephant, Jeff, the one also known as boyd (whom I will now refer to as Gary) for my very generous gifts!

IMG_6102_zps04dccc58.jpg

• 3 weeks later...