UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2014: The Elephantaning

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got home from work today to the beautiful sight of a birthday package for little old me (I had actually forgotten that my birthday was coming up, so it was a wonderful surprise!)

Sorry for the poor photo quality. My dslr is broken, so I'm making due:

02b.jpg

To start off, there were no clues whatsoever, aside from the return address and the festive elephant drawing. At first I was completely stumped as to who my anonymous gifter was...

But as soon as I opened the package and saw what the gifts were, I utterly forgot myself and started laughing giddily as it sank in that I had been given like five times what I was expecting, and all were mates that I hadn't been able to get ahold of when they were released:

01b.jpg

The entirety of wave 53 (Thor: The Dark World), TRU Wave 16 Hawkeye & Black Widow, Alice (The Madness Returns), Red Translucent Vorin, a replacement Infantry Gun for my Cap movie Hydra Soldier that managed to lose his during an outdoor photoshoot, and a pack of Runts & Bottlecaps (two of my favorite candies).

Seriously, I was anticipating so much less than this. I was blown away by how much I got, and the fact that they were all things I needed to fill parts of my collection!

Then it came time to figure out who I owed a HUGE thank you to. And as soon as I realized who it was, it made sense why there were no clues aside from the elephant head and the return address wink.png

Thank you SO MUCH, Shogi! Dude, seriously, this is a wonderful birthday gift! did you request to get assigned to me, or was it a coincidence? Either way, your generosity is deeply felt. I am extremely grateful!

(oh, and here are a few fun pictures, just because)

03b.jpg
Just a couple more exclusives to go!

04b.jpg

Edited by Donny B

• 3 weeks later...

Six days late on posting this! Sorry!

My birthday elephant is awesome.

I got three bags of delicious candy,some Battle Beast buttons which as far as I'm aware are custom made and look amazing. A set of Luke's Toy Store exclusive OMFG monsters which my son loves ( and I might have to start collecting ) not to mention Zik/Vorin SDCC pack and the ENTIRE specialty BB wave.

Thank you!

I have no idea who this mysterious individual is...but I know they are from Australia. Any assistance in figuring out who this wonderful person is would be greatly appreciated.

post-6320-0-20789900-1396204007_thumb.jp

post-6320-0-89573300-1396204056_thumb.jp

post-6320-0-36965300-1396204080_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - now that i have stopped hyperventilating, i can calm down and post something.

So... a package arrived for me a couple of days ago. I hadn't ordered anything, so i was a bit unsure as to what was coming. Then i saw this little sketch on it and realised both who it was from and that it was my birthday elephant gift.

2a308d75-2008-4613-8f29-1c97ab563852.jpg

My birthday wasn't for another few days, so i thought i'd hold out and wait till then. I lasted about a day and a half.

The first thing i noticed was this kick-ass emerald city exclusive Green Phoenix Funko Pop variant, who looks super cute with my other funk pops.

dc5d1aaf-0ca3-454d-b2ee-79673bea5482.jpg

She's hard to find for a good price on ebay here, so i was super stoked to get her smile.png

Following that, i also received all of the recent TRU exclusives:

53e8448c-bc2e-40f5-a164-64d4103d56f9.jpga7e6ed99-5030-4cd8-927c-85f37dccdaff.jpg

b60ee297-2ba5-41a3-8e25-c35ad1176e91.jpgfa675d46-6702-412f-89f4-0af8f279ec41.jpg

44f6d7e9-945f-4946-9ec5-c224840fcd87.jpg

So - if it were only these things, i would feel absolutely spoiled. ... but in the bottom of the box, surrounded in bubble wrap, i found this:

f3133f0b-d198-4c89-a480-daa14fb0d5a3.jpg8d1aaa7b-919d-4d99-bdc8-5a676ecf0c85.jpg9c8a5227-22a0-4ece-855d-a5ad8d4d4086.jpg9b1b70a0-773d-47e1-b974-07c6b990a22e.jpg

She is everything i love about customs. She's from the X-Men, a non-A-lister, a villain, a female. All things that i want more of from Minimates. And she's been executed beautifully. Her arm pegs are all moulded directly onto her body, rather than using the harness that came with 6-arm spider, so she maintains her trim figure.

0140a9da-f4b6-429d-a423-003987ed22cb.jpgbc774546-4b2e-4bf1-9acb-4466dd217d4d.jpgd629e9b6-6564-476e-9f5a-4c21dd2e0fe1.jpg

She is just Glorious! I don't think she could be improved on at all.

IMG_4892.jpg

It's a very special treat to get something that's been made by someone on this board. And this is one of the best customisers on here.

So, thank-you Lobsterman. This is truly an amazing birthday elephant gift. I literally teared up opening this parcel. I don't know how i'll ever be able to pay it forward.
You've really set the bar with this gift.

I'm gonna stop typing now, cause if i go on, i'll just keep gushing and possibly propose.

Much emoji_heart_scaled.png

EDIT: Sorry about the pic quality. I only had my crappy phone camera handy, not a proper camera.

Edited by Nessex

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_1025_zps9cf847fe.jpg

Got my birthday package this weekend and it was sweet! Age of Ultron, The Thunderbolts, Tomb Raider Scavengers, Baron Von Strucker, and a $35 Visa Gift Card. Truly awesome. The return address is B. Elefante and based on my Criminal Justice Minor in college, I've deduced that this might not be my elephant's real name. I'll have to investigate further.

Big thanks to you, my friend!

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

I'm so glad it arrived - and of course you're right it was me. I was able to track the parcel and I could see it was held at the Canadian custom office for over a week. I don't know why but it really made me nervous. Anyway, glad it arrived and I hope you like the customs, since I really had to look up the Captain to see how his traditional and modern outfits look like.

Edited by Bob Harris

Jeff,

I'm so glad it arrived - and of course you're right it was me. I was able to track the parcel and I could see it was held at the Canadian custom office for over a week. I don't know why but it really made me nervous. Anyway, glad it arrived and I hope you like the customs, since I really had to look up the Captain to see how his traditional and modern outfits look like.

Heck yea this was awesome man! Thanks so much! It was a very Captain Canuck filled day as I got a package full of Canuck stuff that day too from the indiegogo (like kickstarter) campaign I took part in to help find the web series! Those customs will get added to my growing Captain Canuck display! Thanks again!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

All right, so I finally had time to take pics and write about my awesome Elephant

This is the box it came in:

DSC_0012_zpsf63873ab.jpg

Which right away gives me a rather awesome hint as to who my Elephant is ;)

DSC_0011_zps820264df.jpg

Open it up and the first thing I see is the Jolly Roger! I've seen pics of the Peter Pan Minimates, but these things are gorgeous in person

DSC_0002_zps4c247537.jpg

DSC_0003_zps762f49f1.jpg

Past the Peter Pan Mates I dig in to find some morose mother f***ers right here

DSC_0004_zps47fd09bf.jpg

Snoogans!

Next is a pack of misc flight stands... I LOVE stands, and this pack will be put to good use!

DSC_0006_zpse8cff5c8.jpg

Dig a little deeper to find the cure for all that ails you, Anti-Venom

DSC_0009_zps6eeeca1a.jpg

And a hoard of Chitauri soldiers

DSC_0008_zps46a53954.jpg

Underneath it all is an Alpha Flight member (which is appropriate since I am Canadian, and I think my Elephant is too), but with Aurora is a production sketch from when they were making her!

DSC_0007_zps6ac4c4bb.jpg

And Last but not least is the final hint as to who my Elephant is

DSC_0010_zpsfb8b6cb1.jpg

So MiniJeff, if you're not my Birthday Elephant, then they wen't through a lot of trouble to throw me off track ;)

DSC_0013_zps61b88802.jpg

Thank you so much my birthday Elephant, I love every one of my little gifts :)

• 1 month later...

Wow - just wow.

There are some incredibly generous gifts there.

The Aurora original art is an incredible piece. just..... amazing.

And that Lobsterman looks fantastic. What a great custom.