UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Best Minimates of 2013 award show live on page 5.

I've got one question, do folks generally include helmets and masks in with best hairpiece? wasn't sure if it is just limited to actual hair?

Most people vote for a specific hair style and hats have made have found their way onto people's ballots, but masks... not so much.

I can safely say not one person has voted for a mask in this category this year. But you can always start a trend.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one question, do folks generally include helmets and masks in with best hairpiece? wasn't sure if it is just limited to actual hair?

Most people vote for a specific hair style and hats have made have found their way onto people's ballots, but masks... not so much.

I can safely say not one person has voted for a mask in this category this year. But you can always start a trend.

Thanks MM! i just added masks in there because it was a head covering, lol I was mainly asking because there have been some beautifully sculpted helmets in the last year. thanks again!

This is the final 3 days to submit your votes for the Best Minimates of 2013. I have received another bunch of votes this week and am stunned to say that overall, 2 minimates are dominating 7 of the single mate / accessory categories. That's never happened before. Also because of the influx of new votes this week there is an abundance of "tied position" mates. Example; Manly Man of the Year & Favorite Con / Store exclusive currently have 4 way ties for 3rd place. More votes means there's a better chance of breaking up those ties. So please, if you haven't already done so, take a couple of minutes and help shape the final winners list by submitting tour votes. Take care.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I voted .

Urban Yukio Atom Eve must win 'Beauty Queen 'wub.png .....I remember the controversy over the late 'sexiest category' but she is the sexiest Minimate ever.

Fixed that for ya.

I gotta agree with Hellpop here. As much as I love women, I generally never cared about female action figures... Ever... But Atom Eve is so well done, she's on the verge of cracking my top ten all time minimates list.

Speaking of which, I'm SO glad Beauty Queen was such a tough choice this year. There were so many great picks. In some years past it has been tough to come up with three females at all, let alone beauty queens. It made me happy that there were so many, and miserable that I could only pick three.

Oddly enough ...Wonder Woman & Valkyrie are always in my top ten ......odd because there are few other female 'mates that ...er...float my ...er ....boat .

I have yet to see Atom Eve but I'll agree she looks quite fit from the pics I've seen.

I was literally going to add that those two rounded out my top 3 ( really only 3) females.

I don't think it's a secret that I go cuckoo for thundercats, and cheetahs and pumyra look great! I honestly wouldn't have mined if they were replaced by two other characters

Online-voting-is-now-closed.jpg

Oh wow! You guys really came through on the final day. Thank you all for your input. Now it's time to process all the data, but it would still appear as is two mates in particular will feature heavy in the results. Be prepared.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: All 32 pages of the awards are now finished. I have some re-shoots and a whole bunch of editing to do with the red carpet event left to do. Your patience is much appreciated and will be worth the wait (I promise). The show will debut sometime this March. Take care all.

There was a lower than normal voter turn out this year. Just over 30 voters submitted choices. Most of the boardie vetrans turned in votes as did a couple of newbies. I always push for people to chime in because every aditional person's input can make a world of difference to the outcomes. This year one minimate in particular (who shall remain nameless for the time being) won top spot in 5 categories. That was a head turner for sure, given that that has never happened in the past several years Cappy or I did the Best Of show.

Yes, 32 pages are completed for the awards / categories themselves. The red carpet will probably consist of another 25 or so pages. This year I am taking my time and it's been paying off on a creative level as well as a grammatical level (fewer typos on my part). There will be an advertisment for the show soon. Take care all.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Seriously, I had seen minimates and thought about buying, then did some Internet searching, found this site, found an awards show from a couple of years ago and knew that anything that inspired that level of creativity and passion was worth checking out.

You do good work.

Edited by pappymojo