UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Stop PMing the Spammers!

Seriously whoever is sending the spambots PMs... STOP IT!

I cant be arsed to wade through the database to find out but please stop it, they arent real people, and the ones that arent cannot read english usually and wont be deterred by a PM that they will never read.

All you are doing is wasting server space and feeding my email address (as thats where notifications come from) to spammers, and I'd rather you didnt.

Cheers!

Same here, Shanester. I've done it a few times because I see a new name at the bottom of the homepage of MMMV that says "Our Newest Member: XXXX" or something like that. I notice they haven't made an introductory thread, and haven't realized that they're a spambot so I send them a "Welcome!" PM. Sorry, Ady. Really. :(

Welcome PMs are good, and its nice that people send them but I know that this isnt always the case.

You see PMs to non existent/disabled/fraudulent members cause a system exception, and this gets mailed to me....

at least one of these PMs was along the lines of "stop posting your links here"

Welcome PMs are good, and its nice that people send them but I know that this isnt always the case.

You see PMs to non existent/disabled/fraudulent members cause a system exception, and this gets mailed to me....

at least one of these PMs was along the lines of "stop posting your links here"

OK OK!!!! It was me. I'm really sorry, Ady, really. I apologize, I won't do it again. I did that this morning, just to see what would happen. I knew he wasn't real; that's why I sent it. That must have been what triggered this thread, I won't do it again. :unsure::(

Don't sweat it Alpheon. Ady is not singling you out.

As a protective measure, never answer spam or phishing emails or posts. It just encourages them and confirms that they have your attention.

Don't sweat it Alpheon. Ady is not singling you out.

As a protective measure, never answer spam or phishing emails or posts. It just encourages them and confirms that they have your attention.

Somehow I'm expecting Roadblock to come out from behind the bushes and tell Alpheon "Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." :)

Todays lesson was brought to you by the letters A, D and Y, and the lesson learnt this week, is not to message strangers. Well unless they wear neat clothes and hang out on street corners, in this case he's called Timbo.

cheers,

Tk