UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What to expect with All New Marvel Now?

Zexion_Armando

This thread is mostly to discuss new looks for the new groups showing up, and waves to fit with them.

While we still wait on All Old Marvel Now to be finished made into mates (Uncanny Team, Young Avengers mostly lol), we can also plan around a LCS/TRU wave or box set to cover some of the cool teams we are seeing, or new characters, or new looks.

First on my list is All New X-Factor. Its a pretty cool team, actually, filled with people who either don't have mates, or haven't had mates in a long time. Gambit, Polaris, Quicksilver, Cypher, Danger, and apparently Warlock. (Plus I like PAD, so I'm super excited.) Can be done via Boxset (Gambit, Polaris, Pietro, and Danger (And an extra head for Doug so he can have one of the guys costumes, since they are all the same)

all-new-x-factor-001-jared-fletcher-kris

All New X-Men (Power Ranger looks). Since they got some nifty new costumes (and a new addition to the team). Cyke, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Angel, X-23, and Kitty work out very well. Cut out Iceman, who is essentially any one of his other looks, lol, and we have an even number) And for some added synergy, due to the X/GotG crossover starting next year, maybe a wave devoted to some GotG? (Cyke/Star Lord, Jean/RR-Groot, Beast/Gamora, and Angel/Drax. We already have Angela, so lol.

all-new-x-men-22-now-stuart-immonen-cove

Inhumans (Tied with Inhumanity). With a major arc spinning out of Infinity, why not take this time to finish the royal family? Black Bolt and Lockjaw, we have, but lets go to Medusa? Karnak? Maximus? Luna? So on and so forth.

Solo's spinning out of ANMN!

-Wolverine has a nice costume, padded to defend his saturated, non healing hide.

- She Hulk is getting a new ongoing, so maybe lawyer Shulk for fun?

- Loki has a new look out of YA, and going into his new on going.

- That... umm... fugly looking Ghost Rider, lol.

- Magneto has a variation of his new Uncanny Now look going into his ongoing.

- That new Ms Marvel, for fun? I don't really care about her.

G3r5dPl.jpg

magnetousatoday3.jpg?1386260803

Thoughts? questions? concerns? GET OFF MY LAWN?

Edited by Zexion_Armando

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the X-Factor cover, and I don't hate the costumes. I do dislike the X-Men costumes, though.

This kind of illustrates why it's foolish for a toy line to try and keep up with character costumes these days, as they seem to change every year. How many of the Marvel Now figures we've just gotten are already out of date?

I'm going to go with "Get off my lawn!"

My main issue is that with Marvel's incessant need to relaunch and HYPE everything is that these costumes and teams have little chance of lasting even 12 issues. I like obscure costumes but I think most of these are going to end up as footnotes at best and laughingstocks at worst.

I also can't believe I have such little interest in such a long list of Marvel titles.

For those of you who like Wolverine's costume, I guarantee you'll get one. Go ahead and pencil it in.

I was going to say as much as I like some of the characters, I have little interest in 'mates of the new X-Factor, but I'm a hypocrite because I wouldn't mind getting 'mates of the All New X-Men, despite Bendis doing everything to turn me off to the book.

I really, really, REALLY want the Guardians of the Galaxy as 'mates. I'm a bit concerned we'll only get the movie versions, which probably will still be nice but I almost always want comic versions if I can help it.

Like the X-Factor cover, and I don't hate the costumes. I do dislike the X-Men costumes, though.

This kind of illustrates why it's foolish for a toy line to try and keep up with character costumes these days, as they seem to change every year. How many of the Marvel Now figures we've just gotten are already out of date?

I dont' think any that we got are out of date. Uncanny Avengers still has the same costumes, despite being half dead.

For those of you who like Wolverine's costume, I guarantee you'll get one. Go ahead and pencil it in.

I was going to say as much as I like some of the characters, I have little interest in 'mates of the new X-Factor, but I'm a hypocrite because I wouldn't mind getting 'mates of the All New X-Men, despite Bendis doing everything to turn me off to the book.

I really, really, REALLY want the Guardians of the Galaxy as 'mates. I'm a bit concerned we'll only get the movie versions, which probably will still be nice but I almost always want comic versions if I can help it.

Whats wrong with All New X-men? lol despite being decompressed.

To me, Bendis has a gift for completely glossing over the ramifications of the events of his writing he's not interested in while absolutely dwelling on others. He's not doing it as much in All New X-Men, at least in the issues I've read, but the new Ultimate Spider-Man is the most padded out thing I think I've ever read. His first two trade paperbacks of that series read like two issues of most people's books. The main thing about All New X-Men that jumped out at me was Beast and the other X-Men seem very nonplussed about the fact that adult blue-furred Beast has gone back in time to get them, and yet they are remarkably hung up on the fact that Scott might grow up to be less than respectable. To me, it seems like the ramifications of Beast's transformation and time travel would be far more interesting to them, but Jean completely walks away from Scott and is treating him like a jerk for something he hasn't even done yet, and they don't seem all that surprised to see their future selves.

Give me Kaine, Aracely,Beast,Dr. Strange, White and Black FF, Quire, the Superior Six and Foes, GotG, the new GR, the Uncanny X-Men and that sweet new Wolverine costume and i'm happy. In hindsight though, that's pretty much all the new characters soo.... Oh, Hell, whatever they put out I'll buy, so what's the point?

Edited by Kostisfire

Give me Kaine, Aracely,Beast,Dr. Strange, White and Black FF, Quire, the Superior Six and Foes, GotG, the new GR, the Uncanny X-Men and that sweet new Wolverine costume and i'm happy. In hindisight though, that's pretty much all the new characters soo.... Oh, Hell, whatever they put out I'll buy, so what's the point?

I like the way you think sir.

For me on the comic side - continuing on with Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova, Deadpool.

Hopping on X-Factor, haven't read any Peter David stuff in awhile. I used to grab EVERYTHING he wrote (I even bought some Little Mermaid comics), but got a little burnt out on his writing (and some of his grudges).

Trying out All New X-Men for a few issues while it ties with GotG.

Giving Inhumans a go, but it's already delayed a few months from the original planned start date. It's Madureira though, so I'll enjoy the art whenever it comes through.

New Warriors is definitely for me, hopefully they'll capture some of the fun of the original book.

I really liked Avengers Arena, so I'll be following the story to Avengers Undercover.

Silver Surfer looks fun, I'm in.

Books that I'll buy the first issue of to see how they are - Black Widow, She Hulk, Wolverine, maybe Loki.

As for Minimates - bring on the New Warriors!

Well, a lot of All New X-men has changed since the O5 grew to like Uncanny Scott, and defected to his school. Currently are fighting the Purifiers (super excited to see the real X-men stop whining and fighting real enemies. Sentinels for Uncanny, Purifiers and Aliens for the O5, Lady Deathstrike mariachi version for X-women. Even if the team lost Kitty and Rogue and got... umm... Monet lol.)

Still has Bendis not reflecting anything, lol, but it's still a fun read. Uncanny is still great though, with the last issue focusing on Emma, New mutant Johnathan, and a cameo of Dum Dum Dugan. Plus some more of Cyke's threatening letters. And next issue is Girls Night Out-Electric Boogaloo.

And yeah, I'd Kill for a Kaine mate. Or Superior Venom, which was revealed last week.

To me, it seems like the ramifications of Beast's transformation and time travel would be far more interesting to them, but Jean completely walks away from Scott and is treating him like a jerk for something he hasn't even done yet.

I read it much differently.

Why can't the original team go back in time? because their time here IS part of who they always have been, they just don't remember it exactly. Bendis has shown us a Jean with little interest in Scott, who is more drawn to the one-two punch of Hank's brain and braun. I think her affection for Scott is meant to develop in the here and now. Moreover, I think Bendis is giving Scott an interesting new layer... you're one of five students. three are dudes. the fifth is a hot redhead. of course you fall for her. but eventually you'll meet other girls and potentially move on. but Scott kept coming back to Jean over the years and it was never clear why. so imagine when you're 15ish and you have a crush on this girl that you find out that one day you get married and have time-displaced future babies. you will get it in your mind that you two are meant to be together, no matter how appealing any other options may be. I think Bendis has created a causality loop. Scott and Jean got married because Scott and Jean got married. She fell in love with the man she saw he could be, and he fell in love with the idea of them as a couple.

What I think EVERYONE should be more focused on is " New" Warren. Original Angel freaked about him for all of an issue, now no one cares, and we rarely ever even see him.

as for the new books, I'll try them all. Loki, Iron Patriot, and Silver Surfer are least likely to hold my attention, but I'll give em a shot

As far as books go I'll def pick up Moon Knight (it's Moon Knight, what's not to love?) and Ghost Rider (this is the one that I'm looking forward to the most though). Maybe Silver Surfer but from what i've seen, instead of being a philosophical book it's just another "fun" book so i have mixed feelings. I would pick up Loki but from the interviews I have read i didn't like a thing. Mythology Loki changed forms constantly and would sleep with anything if it meant getting his way. Now though, everytime he is promoted Marvel is all like "Look! LOKI IS HAWT!" It's just bad. I get it that the girlies fall for Hidleston but Hiddleston's Loki isn't another pretty boy. He is a psychologically damaged and twisted sorcrerer.

Thing is, Marvel keeps hearing the girlies when it comes to loki but by that logic we should have: Steve and Tony married, Parker being their son and hooking with Deadpool and Loki 'sleeping" with Thor. Come on, these girlies don't even buy comics, they just drool over the actors. What I'm trying to say is that if Loki was portrayed like Daken and like his "classic" self (not letting anything come into his way) I would be cool but now he is "edgy" just for the hell of it and to please the girlies.

Anyway, I'll keep buying GotG, Superior, Team-Up and New Avenges but I'll probably drop Secret Avengers. It's a good book but things are moving way too slow and we've been getting one normal issue, one flash-back issue for the past two or three months. It wil be probably replaced by either uncanny or wolverine.

So what's the possibility that this NOW2 gets minimates? I think the O5 Xmen need to be made anyone else?

Zach or Chuck did say that we would see more X-Men in 2014 and I'm pretty sure we'll see at least the new "book" characters like a new Loki, GR, Wolverine, etc so the new O5 seem possible.

I wouldn't mind seeing Havok and Wasp in their new Uncanny Avengers outfits from the .NOW issue. Also would be a great time to get a version of the Brotherhood as it looks like they will be playing a part in the new arc

post-6683-0-41441400-1386445740_thumb.jp

Edited by rman1115