UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Dioramas

TENIME_art

Using the Lego Designer, I made myself a set to fit in the cube shelfing unit I've currently got the survivors & zombies (and Resident Evil people). A guard tower, a crumbling wall, a fence. Patches of grass & dirt. A road.

walkingdead_zps3daab3f8.png

The updated version doesn't have a price estimate, only an "Upload to Lego.com", so I did that, and it's awaiting approval, so I'm hoping I'll be able at least see how much it would all cost me. It's about 200 pieces, if I recall correctly.

Personally, I don't think Lego matches the Minimates aesthetic. It's not only out of scale but I see Minimates as more of a mix & match play pattern than a construction toy.

The MAX line is a great example. The jets are deformed to fit the Minimates but just like the figures, you can reconfigure them or by purchasing more than one swap parts and make your own. That play pattern is what I'd look for in playsets and it's what I think of when creating dioramas for Minimates.

I'll admit that I haven't done anything with it yet, but last year I picked up one of these Normatt 1/20 Winnebago Chieftans. It is a little oversized (Minimates are closer to 1/26 or 1/28), but I think it will look great in a display. They are fairly hard to come by here in the US, but I do see them show up on eBay from time to time.

nt005-vi.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I'll admit that I haven't done anything with it yet, but last year I picked up one of these Normatt 1/20 Winnebago Chieftans. It is a little oversized (Minimates are closer to 1/26 or 1/28), but I think it will look great in a display. They are fairly hard to come by here in the US, but I do see them show up on eBay from time to time.

nt005-vi.jpg

When I was doing some scale modeling with my Star Trek minimates, they came out in the same scale as the AMT Shuttle and AMT Bridge Playset, which was more around 1/32...

Scroll down about halfway through this thread to see an example of the Enterprise Bridge... http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=3972&page=3

Edited by Macross-Junkie