UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead Wave 5

Zak Katz

dry.png

I'm giving this line one last chance.

I'm going to walk into my TRU tonight and if I can't find this series, I'm probably going to quit collecting The Walking Dead Minimates altogether.

No, you're not... no.gif

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm new to the Multiverse and to collecting Minimates, although I have caught "the bug" real bad gathering all TWD figures, and awaiting the arrival of the rest of wave 5 characters. Will Toys R Us be stocking the rest of wave 5, and if so, is there a schedule?

Thanks for such a great resource to help fuel this fun addiction! biggrin.png

Welcome, QQ.

I am not sure what you mean by the 'rest' of wave 5. Do you mean Glen and Maggie, Martinez, Morgan, Tyresse, Michonne and a zombie? If so, no, these will only be available at local comic shops and online retailers (like Luke's Toy Store).

TRU does not have a schedule. Or, if you think they do, I guarantee they just changed it on you.

Like Onyx said, check out Luke's Toy Store, the go to place for all of your Minimate needs: http://lukestoystore.com/the-walking-dead-minimates/

So far each wave of The Walking Dead has had two parts: the LCS wave and the TRU wave. Waves 1-4 shared two sets, so for the collective wave there were 6 two packs available. LCS Wave 5 is completely distinct from TRU Wave 5. LCS Wave 5 is available today. TRU Wave 5 is available when you're lucky. Have you checked out the Minimate Database? Great resource for checking out what's out there, and it includes a checklist. (TWD section- Hail Ivan!) Anyway, welcome to the boards, and don't forget to check out the flea market section for helping filling in holes in your collection.

Thanks for the information and the warm welcome. I travel from Portland OR. to San Francisco bay area often, and have visited many Toys R Us in between. The TRU Wave 5 has been available at a number of stores, I have had problems finding a comic shop that is and/or will be stocking them. Lukes Toy Store has been a great find and I have and will be ordering again from him, but "that find" in "the wild" .......WHAT a Minimate RUSH!!!!! Thanks again buttrock.gif

Zach, a friend and I have a group for minimates brazilian collectors on facebook and I want to know if I can show this picture there please. Or what happens in Multiverse stays in Multiverse?

I actually posted those on Instagram already, so they were imported to the Multiverse. You are always welcome to share any picture I post on the Internet. If a photo is snuck at Toy Fair or in a panel, or with a "no photography" sign, I may be less interested in having it spread around.

So far each wave of The Walking Dead has had two parts: the LCS wave and the TRU wave. Waves 1-4 shared two sets, so for the collective wave there were 6 two packs available. LCS Wave 5 is completely distinct from TRU Wave 5. LCS Wave 5 is available today. TRU Wave 5 is available when you're lucky. Have you checked out the Minimate Database? Great resource for checking out what's out there, and it includes a checklist. (TWD section- Hail Ivan!) Anyway, welcome to the boards, and don't forget to check out the flea market section for helping filling in holes in your collection.

FYI, Series 4 shared two Minimates between specialty and TRU, but not their two-pack partners. The Governor came with the Jaw Zombie at TRU and Bruce at specialty, and Poncho Michonne came with the Crawling Zombie at TRU and Gabe at Specialty. So technically there were 8 two-packs for that series, if ony 13 Minimates overall.

10013501_736905906353669_689380112_n.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

I scored a full set of the TRU wave in Rockford on my way to C2E2, if anyone attending is still in need....

If they are not taken by Monday, they are up for grabs here.

I got a full set in Champaign/Urbana, IL this weekend. They had to whole pegs of them but only one set with the Military Zombie which I got.

My wife ran the Illinois Marathon (only the 1/2 since she also did the 5K on Friday night). I was killing time while she showered to get ready for our late lunch with her family so went to TRU.

My local TRU is only about an 1.5 hour drive away but has never seen any of the Wave 5 as of yet.

I only wish they had more mates from other lines for me to pick up as well.

Happy hunting.

My local TRU had exactly four sets of Minimates; three of Street Fighter X Tekken and one from Walking Dead. It's pretty barren here and has been for a while. I'm beginning to think that my store won't be eligible to sell Minimates at all. Either that or there are suddenly a LOT of Minimates collectors in my area.

• 4 weeks later...

In two weeks I'll be driving from Pennsylvania to Florida. Along the way I'm making a last-ditch effort to find TRU's Series 5 of The Walking Dead Minimates.

If anyone has any ideas about which TRU stores I should check out (preferably not far off of I-81), I'd appreciate it. I know some places have been more plentiful than others so if someone could steer me in the right direction, that'd be great.