UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Walking Dead Wave 5

Zak Katz

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol that's what you get for iPhone posting lol

Hopefully this michonne with have her hair piece fit proper on her head. The hair makes her like an inch taller than the other figs. It looks much better in the wave one prototype pics. It saw lower and went out to the side more.

Maybe if you heat it up and push it down it can mold differently . Hmmmmm

Hope the next riot gear person is Billy.

it's easy to customise all the others who wore the riot gear.

Surprised we haven't seen peg-leg Dale yet, especially as the tooling has already been done.

fig1234flg.jpg

HAIL IVAN!!

Edited by Pete

I'm happy with this wave, but I have to say that Morgan seems kind of unnecessary. I would have rather seen another new character or a more drastic variant. I am happy with Michonne even though we've seen quite a few of her at this point. I've never been happy with her multi-colored sock and animal print mini-skirt look.

OK, I love the character selection, but I really hate the face on Martinez. I thought it was an old dude with a mustache until I read the article. That open mouth just looks weird; I remain optimistic pending a few pictures of the finished product, though. :)

I would never have predicted that we'd have three different versions each of Glenn and Michonne, and two versions of Morgan before we saw one Carl. DST must be saving him to help anchor an upcoming wave, I guess.

I'm happy with this wave, but I have to say that Morgan seems kind of unnecessary. I would have rather seen another new character or a more drastic variant. I am happy with Michonne even though we've seen quite a few of her at this point. I've never been happy with her multi-colored sock and animal print mini-skirt look.

morgan is totally unnecessary since its not even a different hair cut.

we deff didn't need 2 morgans. maybe just 1 with 2 different hair pieces.

makw82.jpg

Well...that's a disappointing wave. I'll echo the sentiments of never needing another Morgan, but i also didn't need a Prison Michonne already (seriously, is this Walking Dead or Walking Michonne?) and Riot Gear Glenn is an easy custom. And personally, i wanted a Farm Maggie before this Maggie, even if this one is the most iconic. That's a minor gripe. Tyreese and Martinez are welcome additions, but this is just really underwhelming.

Zach, any insight as to why we're getting so many redos of the A-list cast so soon (and so frequently)? This is the 4th Michonne, and the 3rd Glenn, not to mention we have 6 Ricks. It's just odd that with such a huge cast of characters we're getting so many redos, some of which seem like anchors DST would want to space out and save for later. It's a little disconcerting that you guys are already redoing Morgan, for instance, when characters like Abraham, Carl, Rosita, and many others are still unmade. I get the idea of going by story arc, but it's decisions like these that have me raise an eyebrow.

I like the Riot Gear molds, but we've gotten them in three waves already, and at least 2 more seems like overkill. Maybe if they came with multiple heads (a main character and a new zombie) it would feel like they weren't just taking up a slot with a head with a new tampo.

Are you counting specialty Rick and TRU Rick separately? That seems unfair. Rick, Governor, Glenn, and one more TBA makes four total. Eight characters wore it, and not everybody likes to buy doubles to give the clothes to other characters, so somebody might want a gang of four riot gear types. Heck, I think there were three or four riot gear zombies in the TV show alone.

And if people don't want another Morgan, that's cool. His zombie is a dupe of Martinez's. Not everyone has access to the TRU-exclusive characters so consider it a bone for international collectors. But the original was not meant to be pre-rescue Morgan. Far too clean-cut. If you want a THIRD Morgan, Ask DST!

481px-Morgan_sad8hadhas.JPG

Sorry you're underwhelmed, TTF. If you don't count the first Tyreese we did (I don't, really) this is half new characters, half old, plus a zombie. Glenn and Morgan were both TRU exclusives, so now everyone can get them, and if you think we don't need main characters like Michonne and Rick at specialty to help with sales, we'll have to agree to disagree. We'll announce the TRU assortment soon, with two more new characters, two more new versions of main characters, and four new zombies, so maybe some of the characters you want will be there.

I think this line-up is great. I'll toss my specific thoughts out there: Finally getting a Glenn outside of a TRU is a big win for collectors. TRU exclusives normally prove difficult for everyone to get, so I think it's great that Glenn will be more accessible. Finally getting that Tyreese! I'll probably pick-up two of him (I previously picked up a spare Dexter for this very purpose.) Prison uniform Michonne is alright with me. With his recent prominence in the show, Martinez is not surprising. Nice to have another Woodbury baddie. This morning it took me a second to realize that was supposed to be Maggie. I don't know, I think it's mostly the hair. I used an old Tony Stark hair piece on an earlier riot gear Maggie QC, and Mini_myte had some recommendations for the hair too. I'm happy to be getting Maggie even if the hair isn't perfect. Morgan... not really a 'mate I was clamoring for, but I'll take him. TWD is all about the people to me, and Morgan has been a particularly moving character in the series. The zombie looks cool, so no complaints there.

All in all, another great TWD wave. IMO DST has done a great job fleshing out this property.

And I see people complaining that we still haven't gotten Abraham or Rosita yet, and I want those characters too, but DST's policy has been that they don't really want to jump around in time much. The way we've gotten releases that have been building on previous releases makes a lot of sense to me. I'd expect to see Abraham in the next wave, but if there are still holes from early arcs, I'd like to see DST close them before moving on. And that seems like what they've done here, more or less. And the way DST is doing things also tells me that they are in this for the long haul and will take the time to plan releases. I like the confidence they've shown.

I like Martinez the best in this wave. Yes winkerbean is right, Maggie looks to be doing a Kyle-Reese-Cosplay.

Tyreese looks exactly like my QC i did of him using Terry Crews expendables, so go make that if you can't wait.

3 Army Builders? Prison Outfit, Riot Gear, Zombies

I'm not blown away by the wave but I still think it's pretty cool. Love me some new civilians.

There's about 3-4 characters from the current issues that i want minimated real bad.

I'm happy to get Ty, and I agree with YB who probably bought multiples of RG Rick like me. Maggie isn't recognizable to me, and I have that Glenn already. I love this Michonne. I have no problem with Martinez. Morgan?! Why not first appearance? At least when you make characters who may be controversial to some you make wonderful products. I hope we see Carl soon, not 12 months soon. Please do a varient of Andrea next too!