UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Ghost Rider = Tron + Dukes of Hazzard?

MisterPL

Check out the next Ghost Rider's new wheels:

GR-1-FelipeSmith-OfficialImage-b557d.jpg

That's a Dodge Charger, the same model car that Bo and Luke Duke drove on television from 1979 to 1985.

I'm thinking that if DST gets the Dukes of Hazzard license, that might be the closest we'll ever get to Ghost Rider ever having a proper vehicle.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost Rider is a legacy character. I suppose it's time for someone else to take a stab at being the Spirit of Vengeance and this new character's background seems appropriate for it.

Or are you trying to imagine Ghost Low-Rider tearing ass up buildings and across rooftops in East L.A. like I am? Because I'm kinda picturing it in mid-jump like the General Lee, but instead of "Dixie" the horn plays "La Cucaracha!"

All-New-Ghost-Rider-Tradd-Moore-Cover-6c

And based on this pic, he's got a helmet that transforms into the flaming skull... which is kinda odd. I don't recall Ghost Rider ever wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle but now that he's in a car, he has one?

I'm betting Disney will make him buckle up, too.

Didn't the film rights revert back to Marvel? Maybe they want to eventually reboot him for another film and distance it from the Nic Cage films? I like the design. But remember, the classic vintage Ghost Rider rode a horse, so a change of vehicle isn't unprecedented. And yes, I'd like Dukes of Hazard minimates with the car, but would they even do it with that rebel flag on the roof? What about Supernatural? Isn't Dean's car a Dodge Charger? I liked the new Ghost Rider design in the first pic, but it looks awful in the second pic.

The change to a car I can get behind, as long as there isn't a Blaze/Ketch connection it could be a cool change to the character. The "helmet" on the other hand, is just stupid. This screams Disney legal stepping in to get rid of a superhero with a flaming skull that kids could potentially emulate, even though they haven't tried in the last 40 years.

I asked DST about whether we'll see this guy eventually. I'll pick up the book since I'm a big gr fan and I have to say, the redesign is quite good and I'm liking the direction. I would have preferred an older gr rather than yet another teenager but oh well.

Edited by Kostisfire

I don't mind it, but is Johnny going with the Thunderbolts?

Yep. Johnny's with the T-Bolts and Danny is power-less even though at the end of the latest gr comic he and johny both had their powers. Either we missed something, or Cage didn't give it much thought when was writing superior annual 1.

Didn't the film rights revert back to Marvel? Maybe they want to eventually reboot him for another film and distance it from the Nic Cage films? I like the design. But remember, the classic vintage Ghost Rider rode a horse, so a change of vehicle isn't unprecedented. And yes, I'd like Dukes of Hazard minimates with the car, but would they even do it with that rebel flag on the roof? What about Supernatural? Isn't Dean's car a Dodge Charger? I liked the new Ghost Rider design in the first pic, but it looks awful in the second pic.

Dean Winchester's car, the Metallicar, is a black 1967 Chevy Impala.

Rex!

This screams Disney legal stepping in to get rid of a superhero with a flaming skull that kids could potentially emulate, even though they haven't tried in the last 40 years.

That sounds like Disney legal alright... they know the minute a kid sees a head set on fire they’re going to want to copy it, it’s why Disney has been VERY careful to never include flaming headed characters in any of their movies

Hercules-disneyscreencaps_com-451.jpg

Lumiere-1900x1200.jpg

Warren_Fire.jpg (not his head... but still, he’s live action)

Why is Marvel intent on ruining its characters?!

I've been wondering this for quite some time. DC does it too. Screw you Barry Allen.

I'm not opposed to the concept, but not as Ghost Rider. Why can't it be a new ally or enemy? I'm not really clear on why every time a major comic company gets an idea they have to immediately jettison an established creation instead of integrating it into the book on its own?

Edited by Valo487

This guy isn't Ketch or Blaze so I don't mind the changes. I would prefer a bike, but I get it. The obvious choice if you didn't want to do a motor bike is a muscle car.

If I remember correctly Ghost rider can make any vehicle ghost ridey can't he?

Ms.Ghost Rider did it to a train. I'd like to see more of the Rider utlising different things. Planes, boats etc.

ever think he has a helmet skull because...the artist wanted him to have a helmet skull? Venom doesnt need armor plates but he looks damn cool with them and they illustrate a point.

this GR looks awesome, the creative team looks awesome, im super excited :D

also the new Ms Marvel looks awesome as well