UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Exclusive Hulk/Iron Man minimates

Valo487

Just ordered 2 sets.

ok ill bite, did you buy 2 dvds? or?

I went to a local video rental store (Family Video) and they had two copies. I just opened both cases on the shelf and got the codes. easy peasy. smile.png

*and just to clarify, I didnt open brand new copies. I opened the empty cases that are sitting on the shelf in front of the rental DVD. Also as a quick tip. its a super easy way to get a TON of Disney Rewards points. enjoy!yes.gif

Edited by Ninja Mate

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered 2 sets.

ok ill bite, did you buy 2 dvds? or?

I went to a local video rental store (Family Video) and they had two copies. I just opened both cases on the shelf and got the codes. easy peasy. smile.png

*and just to clarify, I didnt open brand new copies. I opened the empty cases that are sitting on the shelf in front of the rental DVD. Also as a quick tip. its a super easy way to get a TON of Disney Rewards points. enjoy!yes.gif

That's... that's like really clever. Too bad video stores don't... exist... at least not around me anymore.

Zombie Shakespeare is right, it would have been better for us if they'd said "Interchangeable with other Minimates mini-figures" instead of the admittedly overpromising text that is there. But I don't know what text is on the DVD itself, and I'm not sure I actually supplied anything specifically for the DVD or the Website. We SHOULD have an ad inside the DVD booklet that promotes the line. Anyone see it?

I also wrote a story that was used on Marvel.com, and that was pretty specific about parts.

I think the problem, to get really semantic, is the phrase "comes with". That implies, to me, that it comes with something other then the basic figure. I don't really think it's a big deal. But if you said something like "parts can be mixed and matched between figures", I think you'd get closer to what you are trying to say.

Mattalica, I think you're being a little churlish on this point. While these don't come with a whole tray of accessories as we've become accustomed to, they still undeniably follow the swappable-part model of any other Minimate. You can put Iron Man's boots on Hulk, you can put Hulk's head in the Hulkbuster suit, You can put Hulk's feet on Tony Stark, etc. This mix-and-match feature, as opposed to the standard action figure model of a solid body with no interchangable parts and maybe one accessory, is still a different play pattern for kids who are newcomers to the line. In the end, I guess it depends on your definition of a "variety" of parts, but if you're going to be a stickler on that, the vast majority of Minimates fall short of the standard.

How am i being rude?

I think you are missing my point, this is not about us, the collectors, as i stated. But think of it from a newbies point of view and someone that only gets the one "free" Ironman, It doesn't come with a variety of parts to swap out, as was stated. and as some have pointed out many people don't even realize minimates can be taken apart, throwing in a spare set of hands, or armor pieces would make that feature more obvious.

Mattalica, I think you're being a little churlish on this point. While these don't come with a whole tray of accessories as we've become accustomed to, they still undeniably follow the swappable-part model of any other Minimate. You can put Iron Man's boots on Hulk, you can put Hulk's head in the Hulkbuster suit, You can put Hulk's feet on Tony Stark, etc. This mix-and-match feature, as opposed to the standard action figure model of a solid body with no interchangable parts and maybe one accessory, is still a different play pattern for kids who are newcomers to the line. In the end, I guess it depends on your definition of a "variety" of parts, but if you're going to be a stickler on that, the vast majority of Minimates fall short of the standard.

I think Mattalica's point is that this is only true if you opt to get Hulk and Hulkbuster. If you only get the free Iron Man, you don't have a variety of swappable parts, even though you can deconstruct him. There should have been a prominent subliminal message that encourages kids and parents to buy more minimates.

Yes, someone gets it. and again im not trying to fault anyone, just pointing out what maybe next time could help the line attract new customers, which i'm sure is what is hoped by offering such a promotion in the first place.

No clear stands but cool looking blister trays. Also, not known if this was mentioned, but the new Hulkbuster has bicep/arm armor that the original one does not have.

post-138-0-97312900-1386731401_thumb.png

Edited by rx78jj

Bsore broght his into work today and each one came with a standard clear stand in the blister packaging. I still cant get myself to buy the dvd for 20... Looks like a time machine and a blockbuster video is my only hope. ;)

Sorry, they do come with the clear stand. LOL, i didnt see them because they were clear and i was too excited to double check ;-)

Edited by rx78jj

No clear stands but cool looking blister trays. Also, not known if this was mentioned, but the new Hulkbuster has bicep/arm armor that the original one does not have.

Can't decide which one I like... The original has better detailing but I like the bold bright colors on the new one... And those new bicep pieces look great too... A good subtle change

Wow, that was fast! My 'mates came yesterday as well.

I like the color of the first release better but I'm just happy to have one.

Question, I don't know the Hulkbuster armor history too well, but did Tony wear another helmet under the big helmet like the minimate or is it more accurate to swap out the helmeted head inside with a Tony head?

Edited by Zylek

Wow, that was fast! My 'mates came yesterday as well.

I like the color of the first release better but I'm just happy to have one.

Question, I don't know the Hulkbuster armor history too well, but did Tony wear another helmet under the big helmet like the minimate or is it more accurate to swap out the helmeted head inside with a Tony head?

I think the original Hulk buster armor was only shown in a background shot, it was around the time he was wearing the modular armor. The cartoon and toys from the time had the modular armor on underneath. I don't believe the about was ever seen in action, it became popular mainly because of the toy.

Tony did use a newer version of the Hulkbuster in world War hulk, although it was completely different.