UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko 6" Legacy Figures

hellpop

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only picked up the SWB 6" Han Solo to set up on the shelf next to Malcolm Reynolds. If that Cantina dio box set wasn't all cardboard I'd have gotten it to display them on.

Gonna be in for that whole Firefly series for sure. Got the wife's approval and everything.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have received my Firefly figures from Amazon. They don't feel quite as fragile as the first wave of GoT figures but I'm still a little gun shy with these. Need to do some boiling and de-warping of some limbs and to free up a couple joints. Some minor paint issues. Overall I'm glad to have them and I can't wait to set up Mal and Han together on the shelf (once I de-warp Mal's legs).

It was $19.99 at my local TRU. Picked one up and I'm pretty happy with it. The joints are clear plastic so I held by breath as I removed it from the package and posed it in a way I was happy with but everything seems okay. They didn't paint the clear pins at the knees so that looks odd. The jacket color seems too light to me as well. Otherwise it's a nice figure. The helmet is a separate head instead of a piece fitting over the regular head which I think is a great choice.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got the Rocketeer figures at our TRU's this weekend. I like the figure alright, but it feels like it needs a little more for the price. (I don't know if that's because I remember paying $7 for Marvel Legends or not :) ) I kinda wish the helmet was a helmet, but then it would probably look too large (Or Cliff's head would be too small)

I got mine in the mail a few days ago (my second one, actually, as the first one broke due to those brittle joints). I love the figure, love the sculpt, but I agree that he could use a bit more bang for the buck. He really needs a second set of hands, for one thing. I'm not usually a fan of multiple hands, since you can only display one set and the others inevitably get lost, but in his case he needs closed fists. The whole gimmick of the rocket pack is that the controls are in his hands, so he needs closed fists to look like he's flying.

Despite that quibble, and the fact that he feels very brittle, I love him and I'm soooooooo happy to finally have a Rocketeer figure after all these years. I can remember the first time I ever saw the Rocketeer: I was perusing the comics at my local Waldenbooks, and they had some of those old oversize graphic novels, including the Eclipse Rocketeer graphic album. I didn't buy it that day, but it made quite an impression on me (particularly Betty's bare rear wub.png ). It's probably the first time I became aware of comics outside of Marvel and DC.

Anyway, go buy the figure! Go buy Dave Stevens collected Rocketeer!

tZzM8Mv.gif

• 2 weeks later...