UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko 6" Legacy Figures

hellpop

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TTF did you call Funko CS? I ordered the Hound the other day. He looks BA in his helmet!

E-mailed one of their service reps, she sent me a template fill out and mail the defective Jon back to them, and they'll send me a new Jon from their improved batch when it arrives in April. Not a terrible deal, and they were very apologetic. Funko's great to work with, at least.

• 1 month later...

Funko supposedly "fixed" the first release production after all the reports of breakage, but when I opened them up last night (finally shipped my PoL), they all have the clear plastic joints, so I don't know what they "fixed".

I had some worries moving some of their joints, but everyone was fine.

Except...the Hound. Gently popping him out of the packaging, took his left arm right off.

BBTS should let me exchange, they're really good about that.

But now I'm scared of the rest (especially since Two-Face said his didn't break for weeks after he got them). *sigh*

STOP USING CLEAR JOINTS. First DCC's 3.75", now these. And I was looking forward to these more. :(

Oh, and Ned's right eyebrow was painted in the middle of his forehead. *sigh*

2014-04-22%2020.44.53_zpsoutw4yzi.jpg

It'll be pretty amazing having Mal Reynolds and Han Solo fighting over Daenerys Targaryen, though, lol.

And, yeah, I opened Greedo. I was never going to be able to sell him and recoup my cost, so whatever, I'll keep him.

Fortunately only Jon broke. Weirdly enough, he's not the one that's a traditional breaker. Based on other reports, it's like all but him, so i'm not sure what happened to mine. But my Ned, Dany, and White Walker are all still A-okay, so take that however you want.

The sad part about the new production of Wave 1 is that there's nothing to signify which are the new ones; supposedly the clear plastic is stronger and the oil on the joints hasn't let any of them get stuck, according to some guys over on the Fwoosh, so i'm actually wondering if yours are from the first run, Ten.

Jealous of your Tyrion, though. Haven't found him yet, and considering the paint on this series, i'm not ordering online. Bring on Jaime!

Well, supposedly the reason it took BBTS so long to get them in stock, was that they were from the second run. In the descriptions, it even says "Note - The figures we will be receiving are from the second production run. Funko has assured us that the QC issues/concerns have been fixed."

As for paint, Ned was the only one whose wasn't great. And it was just the eyebrow. Everyone else was fine, IMO.

Some of the sculpting isn't super amazing, but they're not that fugly, which is more important to me. I'd rather have a good looking figure that looks nothing like the actor than a sh***y one that kinda resembles them (same for art in a comic book of a live action property).

I think Dany is gorgeous, even if it isn't a 100% replica of Emilia Clarke's face.

Tyrion, however. Holy crap. It's Peter friggin Dinklage. They outdid themselves on that.

I really like Jamie. I haven't bought any of these yet; in fact, the only one I've seen is Tyrion, and I'm still not quite sure why I didn't buy him. But I'm thinking of maybe just getting the Lannisters. Thing is, there are a LOT of characters on the show I really don't care for much. I know everybody loves Danni, but I've found her storyline since the end of Season 1 to be tedious. So I don't really want a Danni figure, much less two. But you can't really have a GoT collection without her, can you?

Just got Daenerys and Tyrion today. Really impressed with them, they look even better in person than in photos. No problems with paint as far as I can see, faces in particular are outstanding.

After reading some of the horror stories I tried to be careful taking them out of the packaging and posing them, so far no problems.

I definitely plan on getting more, there's a few coming in series 2 that I'm looking forward to.

• 3 months later...

I bought my second Hound today. My first ones foot broke off and the part that holds the scabbard did as well. I'm very happy to say that the second has yet to break and is a terrific figure. I also picked up a SDCC glow in the dark White Walker, his leg broke at the thigh swivel. I returned him and got the standard version, solid figure as well, looks cool next to Sander. There is a Walgreens exclusive Tyrian as Hand that I personally prefer to the standard since he's normally not wearing armor. I'll have to look for him eventually, but I'm excited about series two with Jamie, Robb, Arya to display with the Hound, and Drago as the ones I look forward to the most.

I found Tyrian yesterday. Like you, I wasn't too keen on the armored version since he wore that for all of one episode (or so). He's also only seventeen bucks, which is nice. Series one has dropped in price on Amazon, so I ended up picking up Ned Stark and Jon Snow also. I'm still not 100% sold on these; the figures are nice enough, but the likenesses aren't great, and quality control is a problem. But there's also a lot of characters on the show I just really don't like much. I know I'm in the vast minority, but I hate Daenerys. Since Drogo died, her character arc has just been dull as dirt. I may end up buying the series 1 figure, though, since she will at least go with Drogo.

That's funny that you think that about Daenerys. I've been re-watching the show with my girlfriend, and I think she actually becomes a better character after she acquires the unsullied. Therefor I am more likely to pick up the second incarnation. I don't know if I'll ever pick up Ned, as much as I adored the character I can't see the resemblance. Jon Snow on the other hand is a little better, just haven't found a good one yet!

Any idea where I can find horses?

Edited by Zak Katz

• 1 month later...

Jaime and Robb just arrived from Barnes and Noble!

Good news: Every issue we had with Wave 1 has been corrected. ZERO clear brittle joints. Fantastic paint applications. Jaime is immaculate and looks exactly like the prototype. Robb a little less (watch for the beard) but is still really sharp.

Now, be careful. I did have a few stuck joints from paint. I was trying to free Robb's knee and (stupid me) i put pressure on his sword holster with popped off. Very easy to reglue and it looks just as new, though. Jaime's neck is a little tight which concerns me but he actually has some very free joints, not *too* loose, but not anywhere near as tight as the rest of the line. His cape is fantastic, too; Robb's is heavy and more solid, but Jaime's is flowy and very light. Only problem I have with him is that his sword doesn't seem to want to fit in his holster (I'm not going to force it), and it's the same sword as Robb's. I know Oathkeeper wouldn't make sense with this Jaime but it would have been nice anyway.

As you can see, I'm ridiculously impressed with Jaime. He might be Figure of the Year for me. Really hope they reuse the headsculpt at some point for a leather-tunic Jaime, that's my favorite look. Robb is GREAT too, and he looks leagues better than Ned in paint alone, but Jaime is the star.

Definitely going for Khal Drogo and Brienne next, whenever she's available.

Wait...shit. The Proto of Jaime has a different sword, and the shape in the tray is different. Oh, I swear to God, if Funko screwed this up....

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Jaime is wonderful. Update: Barnes and Noble is sending me a replacement Jaime for the sword; i'll just swap swords and send the new one back, I'm happy with my Jaime.

These are in stores now, too. All but Brienne for some reason. Picked up Khal Drogo yesterday and he's phenomenal too. Sculpt and paint are dead on. Thigh was stuck but fairly easy to pry loose. LOVE the accessories, but they're ridiculously sharp. Not sure how they passed a safety standard, honestly. I have two slight issues. The first is his harness-thing that sits a bit too high; i wish it was lower to cover the hips a bit. The second is his height; he's shorter than Jaime! Maybe it's because we always see him next to Dany but he's supposed to be a pretty big guy, and he's just a bit short.

Great figure all the same though. He poses terrifically and looks great with season 1 Dany.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Jaime and KD were cool but like TTF said the sword gets stuck on Jaime and KD's thigh was stiff and broke off so I wasn't so lucky. Returned them both the next day. One day I'll buy one of these and it'll just not break... One day, but until then I'm 3/9.

• 3 months later...