UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

I only found two of these on the pegs. I didn't even scrutinize when I picked them up. The other set went to another collector and he got the better of the two. This one is really bad IMO and it seems like I am not the only one to get a bad print.

It happens, and I appreciate you acknowledging it Zach. Live and learn.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nothing compared to the ones that I saw at my TRU. I luckily found a full set with almost perfect printing, but EVERY other set had terrible alignment issues. On some of them, the webbing was halfway down the face while others had tilted eyes. The webbing behind the white wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though.

Take pics next time, this is how we fix things for the future.

There've been multiple pics of the problem earlier in this thread. What exactly are you looking for?

Frankly, I'd like to replace the head on mine. I think it is a little worse than "slightly" off. The head will go in the "parts for customs" pile.

By webbing half way down the face, I meant that the upper half of the webbing was on the lower half of the head. The top half had no printing. I'd never seen anything like it before. In fact I didn't even think it was possible.

I saw a set or two like that, CBMM. One actually had it slightly the other way!

By webbing half way down the face, I meant that the upper half of the webbing was on the lower half of the head. The top half had no printing. I'd never seen anything like it before. In fact I didn't even think it was possible.

I assumed that's what it meant, it seemed self-explanatory, but I couldn't believe it. That's pretty incredible.

I've been talking to the team about how webs are tampo'd on cylinders vs. flat pieces, and it's actually very interesting. It also explains why certain things are done separately. The head webs are one tampo, printed in the round, and the eyes are put on separately, otherwise they could stretch and not match up with their white component.

But I have never seen the halfway off thing, and I would like to. (Well, I wish it didn't exist, but now that it does, I want to see it.)

I've seen videos of the tampo process before but I'd love to see one of DST's vendors actually making Minimates. (Where is that older one?)

I'm sure I'm alone, though. sad.png

You're kidding [again] .......i'd just love to see this.

Whilst not wanting to labour the point about what went wrong I am still confused over the 'two hits' .....if I accept that that's the best way to do it then I have to ask why didn't this happen in the past with previous* Spider-Man 'mates ?

*early...as in 'not recent' .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Pics%2BOr%2BIt%2BDidn%2527t%2BHappen.jpe

I second this. I just went to another TRU yesterday and all of them looked fine. I am sure there are a few odd ones out that have defects but they had 3-4 of each of the packs and I looked at all of them....

All of the Spider-man mates at my local TRU were missing one eye each!

That's supposed to be a joke in case people start freaking out and asking for pictures. I believe the other's guys story though. It doesn't sound too far out of the realm of possiblity. I've had a bunch of Minimates come with missing hands or feet, etc.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Welcome aboard.... I think I just saw the newspaper pic on instagram, nice photos!

Thanks guys! I have been posting a few on Instagram, and got hooked after Zach sent over some review sample for my website. So now I find my desk always covered in these guys.

Edited by kastor

My regular ASM2 Spidey has some bleeding of red on the right eye, will try to post a pic if I can. The centering was dead perfect at least. It does bother me a little and would appreciate if customer service can send me a new head but it's cool, thrilled to see new mates at TRU after months of nothin!

One thing I really do like about the wave is the proportion of the head.. looks a lot better than the slip-ons. Agree with Rocco, Battle Damaged Spidey is a great mate. Really like Goblin too, lotsa detail. He looks extra cool on a spare Glider. My TRU had the GG and Electro but no Dillon/ Flashback pack.

Well mom and dad are allowing me to get the Toysrus assortment of The Amazing SpiderMan 2 MiniMates, started ith SpiderMan MiniMates and ending with Amazing SpiderMan 2 MiniMates! Got Flashback SpiderMan & Max Dillon yesterday and hopefully I'll get the other two packs today.