UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

As far as Harry's hair goes, I find Havok from X-Men First Class is a decent substitute. I just used havok's face too honestly, but it's not great. If you find a better one let me know.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome. It's funny, I've been thinking about Harry since the movie, and I keep coming back to this figure:

fig0485flg.jpg

The hair isn't as emo as I remembered, but it seemed to capture the character. Then I saw this picture:

asm2-dane.jpg

And now all I can think of is this:

fig0648flg.jpg

Hail Ivan!!!

Edited by DSTZach

I just got the figures today and I can say, no problems with them at all! I love them all, they look great, I have a lot if fun playing with them!

I have to say that the Green Goblin might be my favorite of the set.

Although the Alistair Smythe was kind of pointless, I really do like the figure especially his alt. look.

If I made any changes, it would be that the, "Flashback" Spidey from the TRU wave was switched with a Harry Osborne or an entire other pack for TRU with hooded electro and Harry.

That regular Spiderman might be my go-to Spiderman now. I think it is really well done.

I am now to rank all 10 figures:

10. "Flashback" Spiderman

9. Max Dillon

8. Gwen Stacy

7. Alistair Smythe

6. Peter Parker

5. BD Spiderman

4. Aleksei Sytsevich

3.Electro (I prefer the translucent version)

2. Spiderman

1. Green Goblin

Now that I've got these in hand, I've got mixed feelings.

This is just me being reeeally greedy but I'd have preferred that one of the assortments got a hooded Electro. He spent more screen time in that getup than Aleksei had altogether and I'd sooner have had him in that than the same outfit with a different "skin." Both look great, mind you, but the metallic one would probably lend itself better to the hoodie. Still, Max Dillon is probably my favorite of the bunch. Great accessories, an alternate look, and a comb-over for the ages.

Similarly, I'd have preferred a Harry Osborn over another Green Goblin with a different expression. GG's tampos are ridiculously detailed making him a real standout. Sculpted bits might have helped the appearance but I'm honestly not missing them. The absence of a glider is frustrating.

As for the titular characters, I think they're better than Spider-Man 3 Minimates but not as good as the Amazing Spider-Man versions. Even Flashback Spider-Man is a paler incarnation, lacking the subtle musculature details that made the first look complete. The grey webbing over the red costume on the other two was one overprint "mistake" away from making the details pop. That and finding masks that had the tampo printing properly aligned was tricky. While the Battle-Damaged Spidey is cute with his firefighter's helmet, I was wishing he'd have included a hose rather than webbing.

Fortunately, what the TRU assortment lacks in character variety, the specialty assortment makes up for with Aleksei and Smythe, characters that to the best of my knowledge no one else is offering as toys for this film. Heck, Hasbro's not even offering a Gwen Stacy, even though I'm not convinced she's needed but I'm not sure who I'd have replaced her with anyway. Peter with his Spidey costume showing under his jacket is an odd choice but at least the chest block can be flipped as a secret, added bonus.

Overall it's an okay assortment with some highs and lows, some disappointments and unexpected surprises. I'll probably try to find a way to make a custom Max in his hoodie but making a Harry Osborn might prove more challenging. My spare Electro bod is destined to be assimilated by the Borg.

I have higher hopes for a Sinister Six movie assortment (with a more compact Rhino?) despite rumors that the Spider-Man film franchise might be headed back to Marvel soon. We'll see.

Dude it's Max Landis he says a 1,000 things a day

I picked these up today - Very thankful since I havent seen minimates in Toys R Us since wave 17

Cool minimates but definitely some issues with paint and eye alignment- I'm assuming rushed production causes some QC issues

I have a recipe for a purist Harry!!

Hair: Wave 1 Banner

Head:

Torso:

Arms: Dark blue

Hands: Regular flesh

Legs: Any gray slacks

Feet: Black feet

Chest-piece: Dark blue suit

I obviously need help with a head and torso, but I think this is a good start.

Ooooh, that's nice! That looks like it's right out of the comics.

As far as the ASM2 minimates... nothing yet at my local TRU. No pegs, no stickers, no minimates since wave 17. Hopefully they're just a little behind.

For those of you that have found them, were they regular price or bargain priced? I'm asking because if they're bargain price i could see myself missing them if someone decided to buy them all. If they're regular price then I'm pretty confident I'd see remnants somewhere.

When I ordered from the Sample ASM2 case that hit TRU last week, I ordered 2 of the Flashback Spidey/Max DIllon sets, but they only fulfilled one of them and put the other on backorder.

The backordered set was cancelled today, make of that what you will...

I think I got the other Max Dillon / Spidey set. I ordered a set of each the morning they went up as well, but when it was determined it was a sample case, I figured TRU.com and I-Parcel would take my money and only send me 2 of the 3 sets. Boy, was I surprised to have received all 3. There is a first time for everything I guess.

Item #535416

When I ordered from the Sample ASM2 case that hit TRU last week, I ordered 2 of the Flashback Spidey/Max DIllon sets, but they only fulfilled one of them and put the other on backorder.

The backordered set was cancelled today, make of that what you will...

I think I got the other Max Dillon / Spidey set. I ordered a set of each the morning they went up as well, but when it was determined it was a sample case, I figured TRU.com and I-Parcel would take my money and only send me 2 of the 3 sets. Boy, was I surprised to have received all 3. There is a first time for everything I guess.

Cool, glad you got them! I just wonder if TRU canceling my back order is any indication of whether these will actually hit the website again, especially since they've been found in stores now...

A TRU miracle!! I'm in Atlanta for work this week and stopped by a TRU by my hotel last night to look for ASM2 mates and found a couple pegs of mates in the specialty toy aisle (nothing in the marvel aisle). They had 3 pegs of Street Fighter, 1 peg of tomb raider (full price), and a peg with one classic Khan pack on it. I noticed the green stickers with the $4 tag and walked away. While browsing in the Lego area it noticed the signs saying that green tags were an additional 60% off so I decided I'd grab some for extra parts. When I went back to the aisle out of nowhere there was a full peg of ASM2 mates. I had been gone for only a couple minutes and boom there they are!

So I grabbed some Street fighter packs on clearance and a couple ASM2 packs which were perfectly centered, some of the others were way off center.

A TRU miracle!! I'm in Atlanta for work this week and stopped by a TRU by my hotel last night to look for ASM2 mates and found a couple pegs of mates in the specialty toy aisle (nothing in the marvel aisle). They had 3 pegs of Street Fighter, 1 peg of tomb raider (full price), and a peg with one classic Khan pack on it. I noticed the green stickers with the $4 tag and walked away. While browsing in the Lego area it noticed the signs saying that green tags were an additional 60% off so I decided I'd grab some for extra parts. When I went back to the aisle out of nowhere there was a full peg of ASM2 mates. I had been gone for only a couple minutes and boom there they are!

So I grabbed some Street fighter packs on clearance and a couple ASM2 packs which were perfectly centered, some of the others were way off center.

I read your first sentence in a tiny little Oliver Twist voice.

Congrats. I've only had the reverse happen. I see new Minimates on the shelves from across the store but by the time I cross the store they are gone.

Yeah, I've seen a few of those in my search, Modefan, but they weren't quite as extreme as the one you posted.

In other news, I finally found a Flashback Spidey/Max DIllon set with Spidey's eyes perfectly aligned! Unfortunately it wasn't a Flashback Spidey Minimate, but an ASM2 Spidey Minimate that was mispackaged....D'oh!