UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of the balls out there are in better shape than YBs. I'm looking at two sets of balls here, and they aren't a deep blue, but they are a light blue, and the pegs they're attached to are definitely painted blue.

Because the chest had to be fully painted, and not cast in the dominant color (there isn't one), we may have tried to minimize the amount of paint on the balls to protect them from sticking in the socket. Too much paint on a ball leads to stuck joints. And nobody wants their balls to be stuck.

I think most of the balls out there are in better shape than YBs. I'm looking at two sets of balls here, and they aren't a deep blue, but they are a light blue, and the pegs they're attached to are definitely painted blue.

Because the chest had to be fully painted, and not cast in the dominant color (there isn't one), we may have tried to minimize the amount of paint on the balls to protect them from sticking in the socket. Too much paint on a ball leads to stuck joints. And nobody wants their balls to be stuck.

Good point. I guess "non-stuck" balls are better than blue balls.

Found these today. I wasn't going to buy them but I am glad I did. I love the Goblin Figure and electro, but Im not sure I will keep any of the spidermen. I don't know what it is but i really don't care for how they look.

Depending on how much you'd want and shipping, I'm looking to just get at least one of the Spideys. Should you decide not to keep em ofcourse.

Full case today in Chesapeake Virginia. One thing I noticed while looking through them, are some of the Electros darker than others? It may have just been the way they were in the packaging, but two of the five that I looked at appearred to be a darker shade of blue than the others.

Now that I've got these in hand, I've got mixed feelings.

This is just me being reeeally greedy but I'd have preferred that one of the assortments got a hooded Electro. He spent more screen time in that getup than Aleksei had altogether and I'd sooner have had him in that than the same outfit with a different "skin." Both look great, mind you, but the metallic one would probably lend itself better to the hoodie. Still, Max Dillon is probably my favorite of the bunch. Great accessories, an alternate look, and a comb-over for the ages.

Similarly, I'd have preferred a Harry Osborn over another Green Goblin with a different expression. GG's tampos are ridiculously detailed making him a real standout. Sculpted bits might have helped the appearance but I'm honestly not missing them. The absence of a glider is frustrating.

As for the titular characters, I think they're better than Spider-Man 3 Minimates but not as good as the Amazing Spider-Man versions. Even Flashback Spider-Man is a paler incarnation, lacking the subtle musculature details that made the first look complete. The grey webbing over the red costume on the other two was one overprint "mistake" away from making the details pop. That and finding masks that had the tampo printing properly aligned was tricky. While the Battle-Damaged Spidey is cute with his firefighter's helmet, I was wishing he'd have included a hose rather than webbing.

Fortunately, what the TRU assortment lacks in character variety, the specialty assortment makes up for with Aleksei and Smythe, characters that – to the best of my knowledge – no one else is offering as toys for this film. Heck, Hasbro's not even offering a Gwen Stacy, even though I'm not convinced she's needed but I'm not sure who I'd have replaced her with anyway. Peter with his Spidey costume showing under his jacket is an odd choice but at least the chest block can be flipped as a secret, added bonus.

Overall it's an okay assortment with some highs and lows, some disappointments and unexpected surprises. I'll probably try to find a way to make a custom Max in his hoodie but making a Harry Osborn might prove more challenging. My spare Electro bod is destined to be assimilated by the Borg.

I have higher hopes for a Sinister Six movie assortment (with a more compact Rhino?) despite rumors that the Spider-Man film franchise might be headed back to Marvel soon. We'll see.

Just found two full sets of Amazing Spider-man 2 in Peoria, IL.

Had to got to Peoria for work today and decided to that a moment to go to the TRU there as I don't get to that one but once in a blue moon.

I found two complete sets of six for the ASM2

I like the LCS Electro better but still need to order him.

So now I will have to get two full sets of the LCS mates. I wish I didn't have too because I don't need all those extra Spider-Man mates but I need those that are packaged with them.

Thank you DST for taking my money.

Extra: One of my Green Goblin from ASM2 is missing his right foot. Bummer.

Edited by Captain Paco