UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a billboard, being held by Digital Underground's Humpty, in his role as the official spokesman for a new chain of clinics that provide cosmetic surgery to animals, called... RhinoPlastic.

Or open. I'd like to see it open.

Rhino pretty much towers over other mates,as seen below.

1z2zm6q.jpg

Heres a shot of the open hatch. Its a little hard to keep the hatch open since he is so top heavy,obviously.

fy22pe.jpg

And heres a custom Green Goblin Im also working on. I may try to make Norman Osborn,too :)

10ojzhz.jpg

My 2 cents:

- Lots of color mismatch on the Spidey's.

- In hand, ASM1 'flashback' mate looks better than the ASM2 suit

- ASM2 suit reminds me a lot of the Wave 7 Ultimate Spider-Man

- Metallic webbing details would have made the ASM2 suit pop

- Max Dillon and Electro are the standouts of the wave

- The details on Goblin are nice, but I still think the design is atrocious.

If anyone wants more specific pix, let me know.

Edited by youbastards

The off centre eyes is proving to be a real pain. On a figure as detailed as Spidey it throws off the whole aesthetic.

From your photos YB I can't see it too bad on the ASM2 figs, but that ASM1 mask is all over the place.

Electro looks awesome though!

Huh. Maybe the Goblins weren't switched after all. Weird. But good, I guess. Hope you like them overall, YB.

Yeah I thought the Grinning Goblin was TRU? Overall? I'm a bit underwhelmed. The paint mismatch and off center eyes really killed my enthusiasm. Hoping the LCS wave turns out nicer, as the production samples on display at C2E2 looked really good. Metallic Electro Is my big want.

The off centre eyes is proving to be a real pain. On a figure as detailed as Spidey it throws off the whole aesthetic.

From your photos YB I can't see it too bad on the ASM2 figs, but that ASM1 mask is all over the place.

Electro looks awesome though!

The ASM2 eyes are good, but the paint color is really off. The ASM1 eyes are really off, but the paint color looks good.

Considering the reduced tampo details we are getting on Spidey mates, I really wish there was more consistancy on the final products. I can deal with fewer details as long as the details we do get are better quality.

Edited by youbastards

I was a little worried about how that grey webbing would look against the red background. I guess it makes the figure looks distinctive but there's not a lot of contrast.

Electro and Goblin are great examples of the pure Minimate form. Great tampos.

And that comb-over better at least get an honorable mention in next year's Minimates awards!