UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the Spider-man mates at my local TRU were missing one eye each!

That's supposed to be a joke in case people start freaking out and asking for pictures. I believe the other's guys story though. It doesn't sound too far out of the realm of possiblity. I've had a bunch of Minimates come with missing hands or feet, etc.

I saw one that had a perfectly aligned tampo, but there was no head underneath!

I just bought a Max Dillion set and there's a battle damaged Spidey minus the Firefighters helmet instead of a Flashback Spider-Man. It doesn't look like it's been tampered with so...a random factory error? I bought it for the Max Dillion figure so I don't mind, I just thought it was funny.

I have to agree with you Scythe, there's just something about it! I think the Electro face expression is the best, Max Dillon is great for other customs too!

Right? That Max Dillon came be re-used so many times as all types of customs.

I mostly feel that this was covered EVERYONE. Often times movie waves can't feature every prominent character due to the limited slots available to fulfill a wave with two different characters per 2-pack. Like how DOFP mates need to have some Wolverines in it and that left a few characters out of the question. The winter soldier mates I feel gave prominent characters who were on-screen a place in it's wave but I can't help but feel that a TRU wave could've maybe squeeze someone else as well? This wave seems to have include everyone who not only got screen time, but were important while still squeezing in three different Spidermans.

Edited by Scythe

Having the LCS wave in hand, I've got to say that these are for the most part very nice 'mates. The TRU Electro didn't do a whole lot for me when I saw it in stores, but the LCS Electro really pops. The blue is very cool and captures an electric energy feel very well. The BD Spidey in that set is fine. Goblin would be great if he had a glider. Big loss right there. Spidey, other than the webbing in the eye, is a top notch figure. It feels like a much higher quality 'mate than we've been getting late. All of the joints feel strong and smooth. This 'mate very much reminds of early waves. The bleed through on the eyes is bad, but not horrible, especially considering the feel of the figure overall. The civilian 'mates are more lackluster, but still fine 'mates accomplishing what they were meant to.

Are the webs twist ties? They look great!

Now all you need is a tiny little hand on the end....

• 3 weeks later...