UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the movie tonight.

I don't know, Electro kind of soured me more to the entire thing if anything, but I like Harry a lot more now, I guess.

I dunno I'm kinda the opposite. Electro was freaking insane and was a movie highlight for me whereas the Goblin was... anticlimactic. After actually watching the movie I really would have preferred a Civilian Harry Osborn to the Goblin minimate.

I sincerely LOVED the way they portrayed Electro's narcissism and his incredible need for validation. It was almost like "what if the main character from Ellison's Invisible Man got the power to MAKE everyone see him?" And as a motivation, I honestly thought that was scary. Jamie Foxx was a joy to watch and the Times Square scene really was an excellent example of tension building with that internal monologue set to the music "He lied to me. He shot at me. He hates on me. He lied to me he shot at me he hates on me he's using me fragility electricity afraid of me he's dead to me heliedtomehehatesonmeheshotatmehe'sdeadtomethatSpider-Man HE IS MY ENEMY!" Simply masterful work.

I didn't like how Peter had to turn to youtube to learn stuff, his IQ must have dropped significantly since the first film, he's one of the marvel universes best and brightest!

Liked the film, didn't love the film :(

Just saw the movie tonight.

I don't know, Electro kind of soured me more to the entire thing if anything, but I like Harry a lot more now, I guess.

I dunno I'm kinda the opposite. Electro was freaking insane and was a movie highlight for me whereas the Goblin was... anticlimactic. After actually watching the movie I really would have preferred a Civilian Harry Osborn to the Goblin minimate.

I sincerely LOVED the way they portrayed Electro's narcissism and his incredible need for validation. It was almost like "what if the main character from Ellison's Invisible Man got the power to MAKE everyone see him?" And as a motivation, I honestly thought that was scary. Jamie Foxx was a joy to watch and the Times Square scene really was an excellent example of tension building with that internal monologue set to the music "He lied to me. He shot at me. He hates on me. He lied to me he shot at me he hates on me he's using me fragility electricity afraid of me he's dead to me heliedtomehehatesonmeheshotatmehe'sdeadtomethatSpider-Man HE IS MY ENEMY!" Simply masterful work.

I always didn't like Electro's motivation, mostly because it felt cliche and boring. Nerdy guy that gets pushed around, wants to leave his mark, blah blah blah. Not the worst part ofthe movie, but it was mostly boring and pointless.

Of course the worst part of the movie was Peter's secret parents nonsense.

Involving Peter's parents is just another example of how this franchise doesn't get the character. In the comics, it was a mistake making his parents super-spies and there is a reason why it isn't brought up much. It doesn't add anything to the character and more importantly it takes away from the everyman aspect. Nerdy shy kid raised by his wholesome aunt and uncle who accidentally winds up with powers? That's much better.

I just don't understand what you're gaining by involving his parents in his origin. The whole point of the character is what would an average person do if they received super-powers by accident. Secret origins? His parents were involved with "creating" Spider-Man? Shadow conspiracies? Blecch.....

Involving Peter's parents is just another example of how this franchise doesn't get the character. In the comics, it was a mistake making his parents super-spies and there is a reason why it isn't brought up much. It doesn't add anything to the character and more importantly it takes away from the everyman aspect. Nerdy shy kid raised by his wholesome aunt and uncle who accidentally winds up with powers? That's much better.

I just don't understand what you're gaining by involving his parents in his origin. The whole point of the character is what would an average person do if they received super-powers by accident. Secret origins? His parents were involved with "creating" Spider-Man? Shadow conspiracies? Blecch.....

Yeah, the second Richard Parker said out loud that the spider venom only works for his bloodline, I audibly groaned in the theater, lol, to the chagrin of my friends.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

I enjoy the new Electro design. While his old costume is great, it is a pretty light-hearted suit for someone permanently changed by a violent electrical accident. That Electro is the same man he always was, except for these fantastic electrical powers he got by accident.

The reality of these new films is that, while some people get powers by accident and it's a positive, some get them and it's a negative. Electro is a villain, and a villain is far more tragic and menacing if he's been physically transformed, as well as mentally. So using the Ultimate Electro design helps the story, and of course leads to better special effects. In my opinion.

electro really grew on me and after seeing the movie i loved his design. people are taking the movie too serious. it's meant to be fun.

also i felt so bad for max the whole movie, he just wanted people to remember his name. ):

I didn't hate the movie, but I was let down a bit by it. I think the actors were great(except for Dr. Kafka, what the hell was that?) but the script wasn't up to their level.

Andrew Garfield to me is practically perfect as Spider-Man, I just wish they would make a movie deserving of him.

I didn't hate the movie, but I was let down a bit by it. I think the actors were great(except for Dr. Kafka, what the hell was that?) but the script wasn't up to their level.

Andrew Garfield to me is practically perfect as Spider-Man, I just wish they would make a movie deserving of him.

Yeah the f**k was up with Nazi Prison Doctor? I had trouble not laughing the second he did anything. That was hilarious. And if it was a one off joke I would've been more okay with it but he just... kept... talking...

Yeah the f**k was up with Nazi Prison Doctor? I had trouble not laughing the second he did anything. That was hilarious. And if it was a one off joke I would've been more okay with it but he just... kept... talking...

Yeah, I felt like he was a bad knock off of Red Skull and Arnim Zola.