UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

To be fair, the whole flashback discussion spun out of "why have they not told us there would be flashbacks?" to which I said flashbacks seemed like a natural, unremarkable thing, given the circumstances. I didn't realize TM2 was being snarky, but I guess I answered snarky, so sorry, TM2. No offense intended. But it remains that in the context of a film series, referencing earlier, character-defining moments is perfectly normal.

Pffft. Dude, I am so incredibly hard to offend. Maybe I was being a bit snarky myself, letting my distaste for the movie color my comments. So, water under the bridge or over the dam or where ever you want it.

I think the murder was handled well in ASM - he actually pursued that guy for a while, looking for a criminal matching his description. He must have hunted him for a good long while, enough time to establish a pattern that others spotted. Plus, it had the same overall effect on Peter, sending him on a crusade against crime, BUT without giving him resolution to his personal tragedy (a nice added dimension), AND without duplicating the exact events of the comic and original movie. I do think the scene was handled well in SM1, and mostly comic accurate, but I was disappointed with SM3, which more or less undid everything the first movie did.

It sounds like the scenes that were cut from ASM1 were cut for good reasons, so I'd say people are putting a LOT of thought into the movie. I'm glad the parents were not a BIG part of ASM1, since they were a rarely mentioned and largely ignored part the mythos, but it's nice they established the mystery early, since it provides a different angle from the original trilogy. Looking forward to Part 2.

I like some, a few, of the things they're doing/have done. Downplaying Uncle Ben's death and telling Gwen he's Spider-Man are two of my most hated though. I would have much preferred a Gwen who adored Peter but hated and hunted Spider-Man. But that leads deep into wish list territory. :/

It is also difficult for me to state that, with as wrong as SM3 got the "I killed your uncle" thing, Spectacular Spider-man did the same thing and got it absolutely right. It was emotional and impactful and utterly amazing.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I like about Felicia. She didn't want to know. Parker was all like "Let's get married." and she was all "Listen, you're a good kid, and that's two strikes against you. So don't go looking for strike 3."

Woah, crossed fandoms there for a moment. >.<

To be fair, the whole flashback discussion spun out of "why have they not told us there would be flashbacks?" to which I said flashbacks seemed like a natural, unremarkable thing, given the circumstances.

Oh, when I posted I wasn't referring to Sony not letting us know, I was just curious if you could give any details as to how it shows up.

Oh, that wasn't in reference to you, DRS. It was to Politician's comments on flashbacks. Re-reading his post now, I realize he wasn't criticizing Sony for not telling anybody about them, but possibly questioning my explanation as to why we were making an ASM1 Spider-Man. I guess my points about flashbacks still stand, but Sony approved the figure, so I have to assume it appears in the film somewhere. They're pretty strict about that.

And I'm sure everyone would have loved a Rhino, both kids and collectors, but whether it was timing or tooling, he just wasn't in the cards. Sorry. Considering that the only ASM1 sets that appear to be left at TRU are the non-Spidey sets, another Spidey seemed like the best choice if we wanted them to sell through. And while it's true there aren't a lot of different Spidey outfits available to us under this license, I can imagine several scenarios in which somebody might specifically want to pick up an ASM1 Spidey. The Max Dillon sells the set, though.

Edited by DSTZach

Considering that the only ASM1 sets that appear to be left at TRU are the non-Spidey sets, another Spidey seemed like the best choice if we wanted them to sell through.

Can't argue with that. One TRU in my area has at least 6 Gwen/Doc sets still hanging around.

Which is a shame, because that set is awesome.

That set was a must for me to create my Thunderbolts John Walker custom. The pinned sleeve is gold.

Our TRU mostly had vigilante Spidey/Dennis Leary sets left. also crazy, since a quick headswap makes that vigilante Spiderman figure a really good genetic thug

Edited by Mnemosis

I'm the same the Peter/Gwen pack for me is the best there. The face on Peter just looks right.

Kinda sad to me that that a civilian pack trumps out the heroes and villains of the series but I'm not a fan of the goblin in the movie from what I've seen and the Spidey while its great that they have gone for a classic comic look in the movie just translates across as a minimate too much like the other movie Spidey's with grey webbing. I know the insignia's different as well as the eyes and this one has much cleaner details but its the grey webbing that automaticly makes me think SM3.

The Spidey is so clean an detailed it could easily pass as a comic Spidey if someone is just a fan and buys one on impulse which I see as a good thing.

I agree about the webbing, I'd be much more likely to buy the 'mate if it was black instead of gray. I'm glad the pattern is actually around the whole lower arm though, not having it there has really hurt the more recent classic comic Spideys.

I know a lot of folks wanted a mech-suit Rhino, but that Aleksei is freaking brilliant. His crazy face and Rhino biooxers are total win.

Also - I know we're getting 2 Electros: one translucent & one opaque... is the opaque one (above) a little bit pearlescent? The paint on the base looks like it might be a tiny bit shimmery.

Here are some better pics of this wave:

s56c_zps2759cd8f.jpg

s56a_zps46fce664.jpg

s56b_zps91548d20.jpg

s56d_zps399125cc.jpg

I'm just looking at the pictures so don't shoot me ............................

I'm seeing Osborn & Parker with the same hairdo ....a suitcase,a gun,a fire-helmet,an arm-band,an electricity-base, a rather shapely skirt & a couple of jackets.

I'm seeing ye olde battle-damaged 'mate... forsooth.

#62 is a nice touch .

I'm not seeing...... anything on the inner-thighs regards paint but what's new ?

.............an Adidas logo on Rhino

Back to basics then .

edit : .........& Justin Hammer's ebay price will drop $16 now.

Edited by buttheadsmate