UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

So Zach posted this in the wave 18 thread, ASM 2 TRU Minimates! He is a bit unsure but it's nice to know there is a chance!

"Sorry you feel in the dark, BHM. I'm trying to tell you everything I know, no mushroom food, but I realize a sample case is worth a thousand words.

Besides 18, the sets being cleared out have all been around for a while. I have to imagine they're simply making room for the new Minimates they've ordered. Not positive of the full range, but I believe they'll have ASM2, GotG and a fan poll set, plus some non-Marvel stuff like Walking Dead. That could change at Toy Fair, but it could change for the better as well as the worse. Were showing a LOT of new Minimates.

Glad everyone is getting one of my favorite assortments for rock bottom prices."

Edited by darkredshdow

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the LCS assortment is solid enough for ASM2, that anything TRU gives us is gravy.

Here's hoping for at least a few of: Armored Rhino, Goblin (Norman head), Jamie Foxx (mad scientist or hobo look Electro), MJ, Richard and Mary Parker, Flash Thompson.

Is it May yet?

I'll go call my time-traveler friend, it's always May where he's at.

• 4 weeks later...

Firefighter Spidey: Meh. He could double as a battle damaged "classic" Spidey.

Electro: Electro looks really cool imo. Since he will be translucent he'll look great next to wave 17 Electro, kinda like his more uniformed look.

Alexei: It looks like a really fun figure, something i didn't expect.

Smythe: Not terribly exciting but it's Smythe so, yeah.

Peter: I have been on a civvie kick the past few weeks and i turned my regular Peter into Ock-Pete so this one is a welcome addition.

Gwen: Always nice to see another Gwen.

Spidey: Meh to bad really. I was eagerly anticipating this fig because we could finally get a proper "classic" Spidey but he barely has enough detail. The colors are crisp and all but he should have a bit more detail in order to pop. It's true that movie costumes don't make muscles visible but some more lines wouldn't hurt.

Goblin: Does he look like the Green Goblin? Nope. Is he an interesting fig? Yes. I was expecting a regular Harry so i hope he is in the tru wave (if there is one) or has a spare normal head. The details are great and even though he doesn't look like the GREEN goblin he is still a cool fig. Some sculpting may have helped but it still looks good.

All in all not a terribly exciting wave but it does feature 2 new characters, two great civvies and two cool looking villains, even if the Spidey's aren't that great. I just hope that they do come with some more accessories like the glider a spare head or two, that kinda stuff.

Edited by Kostisfire

Spider-man and Electro look cool- the only ones that really stand out. Not sure about that Goblin look. Gwen is a nice looking mate, but I wasn't particularly hoping for another movie'mate of her. Alexei looks fun at least. Smythe is pretty boring. The extra Spider-men/Peters are just fillers.

The first ASM movie mates initially looked dull to me, but became favorites.

I expect the same with these.

My only gripe is Smythe... feel like we get a character who looks exactly like this in most movie waves.

Happy, Coulson, Killian, Sitwell... the more "down to earth"look of the movie u does lead to some very basic mates

Hopefully these are the prototypes, they really do look like it. I'm hoping there's a camera flash on the Spider-Man and that he's actually a darker color in hand.

On the positive side for once!...I am glad that graduation Peter has a slip-on mask, I LOVE slip-on masks so much.

im hoping these being prototypes, we see spideys webs become black because i really really dislike silver webbed spidey.

secondly, I hope goblin has a glider, and different hair, and that Aleski comes with some rhino parts

they still look good but based on these pics i dont know if they exactly fulfill what id want from the movie

EDIT: Tracksuit Aleski will make from some very easy Bro-Bro Tracksuit Zombies from Fraction's Hawkeye :D

Edited by undeadpool