UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 2 Minimates

youbastards

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was implied that if the thief had never arrived at the car, that Uncle Ben would have convinced Marko to do the right thing, as that is how the scene was playing out.

You're right, it's a very grey area, but it's still Peter getting revenge for the same murder he did in the first movie. And it definitely makes the responsibility lesson learned in the first movie less of a cause-and-effect.

I think Pappy means the design choice of the CGI Lizard, to which I have to agree, ASM Lizard was pretty generic.

Beyond the Gorn and Sleestaks, I'm not familiar with a lot of live-action lizard men. I just for the impression that they were staying away from the miniature Godzilla Lizard and sticking closer to his first appearance.

I can understand not liking the look but that doesn't really have anything to do with how it's rendered.

I'm more comparing it to the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park which came out, what, close to twenty years ago. The special effects for ASM took me out of the movie everytime the Lizard was on screen.

Doc Ock in the second Raimi movie, in comparison, looked great.

A Diamond Select Toys Release! The most eagerly anticipated sequel of

the year is getting a sequel set of Minimates! This assortment will

include four two-packs, including Battle-Damaged Spider-Man with

Electro, Spider-Man with Norman Osborn (SHOULD BE Harry Osborn per Zach), Graduation Peter with Gwen Stacy

and a rare, one-per-case set featuring Alistair Smythe with Aleksei

Sytsevich! Each Minimate mini-figure stands 2 inches tall, with 14

points of articulation and a variety of interchangeable parts and

accessories. Designed and Sculpted by Art Asylum!

from http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/917?stockItemID=JAN141927

Edited by JeffBohn

So no Rhino and I'm guessing a hooded Electro instead of the costumed Electro (because – say it with me – the licensor couldn't get assets to DST in time).

If TRU is gonna keep passing on these assortments then DST really needs to consider waiting until the home video release to offer product like this to specialty retailers.

Agreed with that! Really was hoping we'd get Harry in this assortment. It overall seems a little lackluster. Would've vastly preferred Rhino over just plain Aleksei, and another set of Peter and Gwen? Why? Much rather would've gotten Peter/Harry or Gwen/Harry, no need for them both. Interesting about Smythe, though. Sucks we aren't getting a Goblin :/ Oh, well. Hopefully they'll at least be visually appealing or something! I have some faith in DST to knock this wave out of the park, even if it isn't the best character selection, in my opinion.

I don't mind getting Norman (totally easy Tex Richman custom lol), but if I had to chose between the two, Harry seemed to totally be the way to go. A lot of the picks in this wave just seem really odd. Hopefully there will be some way to round out the cast. Has there been any word of TRU not picking up an exclusive for this?

EDIT: Ah, well, never mind some of my post then haha just saw Zach's!

Edited by Rock Steady

No TRU wave. No box set. "Norman" should read "Harry." Electro will be in his final costume, not a hoodie.

Should have pictures after the new year.

Well, that's a bit better. My biggest want was Harry and I really like Smythe so it ain't that bad. Would I have preferred Rhino to Aleksei? Sure, but seeing as we already have a perfect "classic" Rhino i don't mind as much. 17 Electro is damn near perfect but the Spidey costume is far too awesome to pass up. The Graduation pack seems the most strange choice for me but i guess they'll come with extra parts to have pete and gwen in normal clothes, right?

Overall, a civvie heavy wave but i love superhero civvies so i'm pretty happy. And considering that Sony announced venom and sinister six movies i bet we;ll see the guys we missed down the line.

Believe it or not, nobody is really "missing" from this assortment, and if there is, it's not on the level of Thor. No Aunt May, no Norman... I wish we had two more Electro figures, but I think we got coolest look.

Given the arcs of Harry and Aleksei in the movie, we picked the outfits that made sense and were feasible -- not gonna say much more than that. I don't believe we were shorted any reference. And I think Graduation Peter might just be a standard Peter at this point, Gwen was never going to be a graduation figure. And YB called the look of the BD Spidey figure a while back.

A question for Zach, what is the average turn around time from when you receive a movie character design until you can have The Minimate ready to ship

Also if you know do the bigger companies like Hasbro get the same lead time as DST? Im curious as to how Hasbro can have a( presumably Larger) run of figures at

retail Months before DST and also included in those are characters that DST cant make because you weren't given enough lead up time to produce their look?

Believe it or not, nobody is really "missing" from this assortment, and if there is, it's not on the level of Thor. No Aunt May, no Norman... I wish we had two more Electro figures, but I think we got coolest look.

Given the arcs of Harry and Aleksei in the movie, we picked the outfits that made sense and were feasible -- not gonna say much more than that. I don't believe we were shorted any reference. And I think Graduation Peter might just be a standard Peter at this point, Gwen was never going to be a graduation figure. And YB called the look of the BD Spidey figure a while back.

Come to think of it, this is quite true. Rhino has something like a cameo while the Goblin is a set up for the next film. Picking the major players now and keeping the bad guys for later is a smart move. Truth be told, I'm more excited for a Smythe and Harry mate than any other movie mate (cap 2, dofp)!

Edited by Kostisfire

So between this and the Fantastic Four reboot which might have Michael B Jordan I'm well on my way to a set of Chronicle quick customs. Freaking sweet. I loved that movie. Now just gotta go get a Max Firefighter to make Andrew's villain outfit.