UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

OYO Sports Mini Figures and building sets

Shanester

I've been debating those for awhile, but they are just a bit too expensive for how much I like the Brewers or the Packers. The NCAA ones have my interest, I'd be all over a Wisconsin Badgers set, but they haven't gotten there yet.

I saw these at a toy store not that long ago. The big problem I have with them are 1. the price, and 2. everybody looks the same. Also, it looks like the Game Time sets, which include multiple figures and the field setups, don't include real players. That's lame. Still, there are a couple here (like the Phillie Phanatic and the Reading Fighting Phils, which is the AA team in my home town) that I will have a hard time resisting.

Is is too much to ask that all minifigs just be Minimates?gah.gif

EDIT: So I was looking through the college football ones... it's kind of weird, the teams they've chosen. Like, they made the University of Kentucky but not Florida. But it's obvious they did so to make NFL players in their college unis (like McFarlane's NCAA line). Anyway, I was looking at the University of Nebraska ones, and who can you get? Richie Incognito. ermm.gif

EDIT AGAIN: Josh Freeman has two of these.laugh.png

Edited by hellpop

They are expensive for what they are. Look around though, because I have found them cheaper elsewhere. Especially Ebay. I really only have interest in a couple of the Saints and passed on the set because no actual players are included.

I dunno, they still look pretty high. I would guess that the high price is due mostly to the license, because they sure aren't putting that into the figures. Although the McFarlane stuff isn't that high, so who knows. I would think that these would sell really, really well at team stores; I know if I walked through the Phillies' store and saw a Phanatic Minifigure, I'd buy it.

Is it too much to ask that all minifigs just be Minimates?gah.gif

Not really. DST could totally license out the bodies. The trick is getting a toy manufacturer to pay to use someone else's tried and true, patented block figure.

There was a similar arrangement, once up a time, in C3 Land.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm flying over to St Louis next week! And while I'm over there, I'm doing a tour of Busch Stadium, so I'm going to see if I can get a couple Cardinals figures (of these sets) while I'm over there :)

I'm flying over to St Louis next week! And while I'm over there, I'm doing a tour of Busch Stadium, so I'm going to see if I can get a couple Cardinals figures (of these sets) while I'm over there :)

Enjoy the tour! Hopefully you'll be able to catch a game as well. I'm not a huge Cards fan, but there might not be a better place on Earth to catch a baseball game than St. Louis.

These guys made some for our Canadian Football League team, the Saskatchewan Roughriders! I will totally be getting them and hopefully they carry on with the plans for the football field and more players too

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 10 months later...

Enjoy the tour! Hopefully you'll be able to catch a game as well. I'm not a huge Cards fan, but there might not be a better place on Earth to catch a baseball game than St. Louis.

I never saw this! As a lifelong Cardinals fan, it makes me smile to see you said that! :)