UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Decool .....cute but ominous ?

buttheadsmate

I noticed these on evilbay .........

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.Xdecool&_nkw=decool&_sacat=0&_from=R40

......awkwardly I find that the prices are quite inviting .....& I'm not a Lego man.......however........

.........This may not bode well for our beloved line because I can also show you auctions on esick.gifay of previously 'sacred' Palz & kubrick Star Wars figures that are now appearing in hordes .

I've read that Lego's turnover is in the $£ billions yet they appear powerless ermm.gif

Would you buy these ?

-buttheadsfake

Edited by buttheadsmate

Well, my take is that I am not a fan of knock-off stuff, but at the same time Lego stuff is WAY overpriced. The quality is great, but why so expensive?

If these figures/sets are licensed and the quality is there, I'd buy them before Lego. However, it seems odd that Marvel would give the license to both companies.

Yeah, but if anyone could enforce them it'd be Lego. Those guys... do NOT mess with their legal team. They will own your balls.

Lego is privately held, and their standards of quality are beyond excellent. They are expensive because of outstanding quality control, the rising price of oil, and because they are an import. Buying Legos is just like buying anything from Japan or any other country. Yes, they have a North american division, but they are not designed, manufactured or produced here. Everything is in Europe. So yeah, they may be a bit expensive... compared to the cheapass materials from China. But compared to other imports, they're actually a bit below the average.

Sorry man, but you're wrong. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not arguing that Legos aren't expensive; they are. But rather, they're worth the price and don't cost (on average adjusted for inflation) more than they ever did. Just the perception of them has changed. No one says you have to like it. I don't care for it much myself. But while there's more demand, and it could be argued that that would make the price of Lego's go up, the opposite is actually true. The demand is there, but the supply easily matches it. Lego is already the largest tire manufacturer in the world. There's about to be more Lego people than human people. And the quality is the same. It's just crazy.

Here's some data to back me up. I'm not just talking out my arse here.

http://therealityprose.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/what_happened_with_lego/

http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2011/12/does-it-feel-like-lego-bricks-just-keep-getting-more-expensive/

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/24/why-are-legos-so-expensive/

Also, I must not have been paying attention because I wasn't in on it. But that Hogwarts castle set must have been a big deal, huh? I think I missed out on the ENTIRE Harry potter craze. I didn't know it was that insanely popular. HP must have been a big franchise.

Your back up says nothing but that Legos are expensive because they are quality and plastic is expensive. I agree they are quality made, but the prices don't need to be that high just to have a quality product. They are pricing themselves out of a market where they now have several viable competitors. There are people who will buy Lego, just because it is made by Lego and THAT is why they are expensive. That's great, I do the same thing with Minimates. But are they over priced? Yes. Is this my opinion? yes. Did you just try to prove my opinion wrong with weak articles? Yes. Did you fail? IMO, Yes.

Lego has great licenses, but you gotta balance your license investment with your market worth. I wish Lego luck, but their day is coming if they don't mitigate their retail presence.

It would be nice if they did Star Wars. I would love to have Star Wars mini figures but can't even come close to justifying what it would cost to put together a SW Lego collection.

You can actually buy them loose for pretty reasonable prices. I've gotten a few (Leia and Wonder Woman) for my daughter for about the price of an individual Minimate. Also, here's a little secret... Lego heads fit on Minimate neck pegs. And, yeah, they are too small... but Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett helmets aren't....

I noticed these on evilbay .........

Would you buy these ?

You bet I would. I'm gonna grab some and see if they turn out to be as good as they look.. I'm thinking they won't, but I always live in hope.

Let us know no doubt. I am intrigued...

Order placed. I did check out some YouTube reviews of Decool before ordering, and they seemed pretty good. Not quite lego quality, but probably 90% of the way there.

I went for some Supermen, but they have about 9 different Iron Man armours, including the Gemini. I will go for them next if everything is ok with these, as will be a great way to get an instant hall of armours.

They also have a Green Lantern minifig for anyone that is interested, might be a while until he gets released proper.