UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is your Crusade 'mate?

Valo487

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So these guys are Marvel's Amazo ripoffs?

Pfft.

Pretty much. Adaptoid was a formidable foe for the Avengers. As Rad said, Mimic has less exposure, but I hope we get all these figures at some point.

Slayback.... damn - that brings back memories. I don't think i've ever actually read him in a comic, but i also thought that trading card was cool and i have the circa 90's action figure of him too!

x-men_x-force_slayback.jpg

Meanwhile - back on topic: Picking one single legacy minimate is hard. I desperately want to see the Brotherhood, The Shi'ar (Deathbird, Lilandra, Gladiator) & the remaining GSXM made. If i had to narrow it down.... it would probably come down to Toad or Sunfire. Banshee is probably more important, but I like Sunfires costume better - plus, i feel like he's gonna get made anyway. And Toad.... just because he's Toad. He's been around forever and appeared in almost every incarnation of media that the X-Men has been a part of.

Edited by Nessex

Slayback.... damn - that brings back memories. I don't think i've ever actually read him in a comic, but i also thought that trading card was cool and i have the circa 90's action figure of him too!

x-men_x-force_slayback.jpg

I have this figure, though mine is loose and has been donated to my son, along with all my 90's X-men figures.

I tell you what guys, we moan about incomplete sets for our minimates. But the 90's X-men line was atrocious. Mismatched scales, Bizarrre choices for figures. I mean, Slayback at least looks cool, but Commcast? Grizzly? Bridge!!!

I don't think we ever got a complete 90's X-Men team that was in scale to each other. I had a 90's Jean Grey figure that was amazing (for the time) but if her pose had been straightened out she'd have been about 10 feet tall compared to the rest of the line.

A genuine crusade 'mate for me would probably be a modern era Wasp. I miss Jan.

Disco Dazzler has been in my wishlist for quite some time along with classic Rogue, Destiny... And Lord may know why we still don't have classic Banshee and Sunfire.

I wouldn't mind at all having some cool mates inspired on the West Coast Avengers as well. Not a huge fan of the team, but hey... many cool characters there waiting for their chance!

One character that appears just about everywhere in the entire Marvel world sooner or later.... is actually my dream (perhaps nightmare?) Minimate ......read on.

Living in a PC world ....as I dodry.png .... I picked up on the word 'crusade' immediately the thread was posted . Could I give a stuff about the word 'crusade' ?

Nope....... but a lot of people don't like 'you' using 'that' word .....naughty naughty 'us' nono.gif .

Sooooooo .......I'd love.....absolutely love a WW2 Wehrmacht soldier Minimate complete with helmet .....I'd also love a black uniformed variant ......& in due course I'd be enquiring (here) who can provide me with some decals to customise them .

Before condemning my.... er.... crusade.....check out my kindred souls in the Lego world ......http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+german+soldier&_sop=10&_frs=1

Edited by buttheadsmate

BHM, my small German WW2 collection is mostly lead, but I have some that are the old pre-war composite and some that are just molded plastic. Generic military forces from WWII would be cool as MIinimates.

The one that fits here for me in terms of needed for the line instead of personal wish list, (although this is on my personal wish list), is a human form Bobby Drake. When I look at the Silver Age X-Men or the First Class sets, you can take the masks off of the figures and have them in "normal" mode. But the Iceman figures we have are always in ice mode. It would be cool to have Bobby hanging out in his uniform with everyone else. Even if we received an Iceman with an alternate human head/hair, that would be good. Just put it on a Cyclops body and then you're good to go.

The one that fits here for me in terms of needed for the line instead of personal wish list, (although this is on my personal wish list), is a human form Bobby Drake. When I look at the Silver Age X-Men or the First Class sets, you can take the masks off of the figures and have them in "normal" mode. But the Iceman figures we have are always in ice mode. It would be cool to have Bobby hanging out in his uniform with everyone else. Even if we received an Iceman with an alternate human head/hair, that would be good. Just put it on a Cyclops body and then you're good to go.

I'd be pretty stoked to see this guy made as a minimate:

1721965.jpg

I picked up TRU Wave 17 tonight. And not to throw gasoline on anyone's fire, but Pepper Potts has four mates. Pyro has zero...and he was in three movies. Sorry Zach, I couldn't resist. smile.png

You forgot to mention he has been in 5 different cartoon series and 9 different video games. But, who's counting? ;)

It's funny - aside form Guido, we've actually gotten minimates of all those characters but there's still a LOT of fan-boys who want the 90's X-Factor costumes line-up

Even though there'd be hardly any new characters, i'd still totally love this as a wave too :)

Stan Lee. He has appeared in Marvel comics, and on their covers since the beginning. He has been in well over 50% of Marvel movies. He has semi-recurring roles on many Marvel animated shows. He needs to be mated.

And, to be fair, Pepper has appeared in four movies. ;)