UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is your Crusade 'mate?

Valo487

As some of you may know due to my incessant whining on the topic, I for a very long time couldn't understand why we didn't have Baron Zemo or The Winter Soldier as minimates, both because I was a fan of the characters and also because I thought they were important characters in terms of the overall Marvel Universe. Now we have both, (Thanks Zach!) and I was thinking who am I going to champion whenever Mr. Oat appears on the board?

That's what I'm asking you guys, who holds that spot for you? Not necessarily a favorite character, but someone you feel is very important and you are surprised that they haven't been made yet. The one person you would choose if they came to you and said 'who do we make next?'

Going forward, mine is probably Pyro. He's not the character I would want to see made most of everyone that could be made, but in terms of overall importance I can't believe we haven't gotten him yet, he has appeared in virtually every form of X-Men media that I can think of, and he is a really cool and fun design that would translate well to a minimate, so I can't believe he hasn't been made yet and I feel like he is overdue. Who would you pick?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is tough. By my sig, you might notice I am an obsessive list-guy. Were they to knock out Constrictor and Classic Falcon, they'd have done the whole Mattel Secret Wars lineup. And all of the Mego lineup as well for that matter, since Conan doesn't count while Marvel does not hold the license. So in that sense I'm after those guys, particularly Classic Falcon.

But, "Crusades" are often reserved for the "awesome but less likely" types, of which I could rattle off 100, but can narrow it down to 3 of my favorites right here. Sorry it can't just be one:

1) Champion of the Universe

Marvel Two-in-One Annual #7. Period. End of sentence.

2) Zaran, the Weapons Master

He looks awesome and begs to be packed in with a ton of gear.

3) Master of Kung-Fu

Shang-Chi is a Marvel staple (and awesome Bruce Lee ripoff), and has been historically under-represented in the action figure arena, having (as far as I am aware) only one Toy Biz figure in a repaint wave with a crappy softgoods gi. Make it so, DST! Right the wrongs of history.

...and Zaran and Shang-Chi have scrapped a few times. I smell a two-pack, and it smells like victory...

Edited by elhonez

I'd pick Doctor Strange in his Marvel NOW! attire or one of his other modern costumes.

And Squirrel Girl, she seems like one of those characters who deserves the Minimate treatment.

Black Knight (with ebony sword of course)

The Beetle