UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kill Bill

I'd be content if this was all they released. We are getting the full Deadly Viper Squad. I'd still love to get Elle in her nurse's costume and a "Party" Wagon but if not this is STILL a great representation of the film.

Yeah - i've gotta agree on Nurse Elle. She's got to be almost my biggest want from this series.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it came down to it, the first two sets are all I'd need to be pretty content, but I really hope this line sells so we get more. A wedding Viper set and a Nurse Elle/bike Kiddo 2-pack would wrap things up nicely for me.

Especially if we get a bike with Kiddo :) I definitely want Nurse Elle as well.

Zach also said we're getting spare heads with the 88 set, including at least one female one. I did a happy dance.

Also, point of order, what we saw was a casket, not a coffin. But it was still absolutely amazing.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Is that the difference between a casket and a coffin? I had no idea.

Forget breakfast, what does DST have against coffins? We've made a sarcophagus and now a casket, but the only coffin I have is a custom TM2 gave me.

versus.jpg

A casket is a rectangle. A coffin has sloped sides.

Pretty sure this was a casket.

coffin.jpg

After Dinobot educated me on the difference, I had to go back and see in which the Bride was buried. And it's really hard to tell, there are no clear external shots of the box.

But in Dinobot's picture above, look just to the left of the flashlight beam: that's looks like a corner. There is also a hint of shape in this pic:

Kill-Bill-Volume-2-coffin-scene-2-500x25

Besides, a coffin is more fitting considering the wild west theme of her segment with Bud.

TM2, where did you get the little coffin you painted up and gave to me? Did it hold candy? It's the perfect size.

http://www.ustoy.com/coffin-slime-with-spiders

Seriously, they're super fun and great for zombies.

versus.jpg

A casket is a rectangle. A coffin has sloped sides.

Pretty sure this was a casket.

coffin.jpg

After Dinobot educated me on the difference, I had to go back and see in which the Bride was buried. And it's really hard to tell, there are no clear external shots of the box.

But in Dinobot's picture above, look just to the left of the flashlight beam: that's looks like a corner. There is also a hint of shape in this pic:

Kill-Bill-Volume-2-coffin-scene-2-500x25

Besides, a coffin is more fitting considering the wild west theme of her segment with Bud.

I always thought caskets, or as PL says "A good ol' pine box" was more western, and a coffin was more European?

Regardless, I went back and watched it after you mentioned it, and I'm pretty sure you're right. Check out this scene from the 0:17 mark. It is almost certainly a coffin, not a casket. There's a seam that wouldn't be there otherwise.

EDIT: And after seeing this scene again, let me just say once more how incredibly excited I am for Kill Bill Minimates. This is truly one of my favorite movies.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I always thought caskets, or as PL says "A good ol' pine box" was more western, and a coffin was more European?

Okay, I'll concede this point to you. Coffins feel more Old World, not Old West.

I have always found death ceremonies both macabre and fascinating with the greatest of reverence. In Paupa New Guinea, the dead are taken to a clearing and placed on top of rocks in the sun to attract carrion eaters. Or is it placed under rocks to detract carrion eaters? Or is that only to deter thunderbirds? I can't remember, it's been a long week. But I know there are rocks involved.

So... yeah.

EDIT: Nope, ritual amputation. Man, I'm off my game this week. sad.png

Edited by TM2 Dinobot