UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kill Bill

You're getting a few different outfits, because each set represents different aspects of the film, but we're not doing two-packs or TRU sets for these, so there are less opportunities for variants. Sorry.

Maybe we can do a Best-of set, or a con exclusive or something after the first year.

Edited by DSTZach

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an unbloodied bruce lee Bride means characters like Sophie Fatale being included in the line, then i can live with just having a clean track-suit Bride. yes.gif

They might beba little plain, but i think a DVAS set would be cool as hell!

TheDViAS.jpg

Good call on the tweak in solicitation language, Zach! :thumbsup:

EDIT: These look great!

Edited by Onyx_6

You're getting a few different outfits, because each set represents different aspects of the film, but we're not doing two-packs or TRU sets for these, so there are less opportunities for variants. Sorry.

Maybe we can do a Best-of set, or a con exclusive or something after the first year.

That'd be neat! I hope these sell well. I also hope to see Hatori Hanzo!

Sofie is a waste of a character slot. Should be replaced with Clean Track Suit Bride or anyone else. In these uncertain times where a line can suddenly stop, who wants Sofie when there are so many other characters that might get made? Clean Track Suit Bride is the one I'd rather have and don't mind having both because it's the main character in her coolest costume.

You plan too far ahead and it can bite us all in the ass. Star Trek Minimate reboot you made the same Captain Characters and then the line stopped again. Also, it's sorta like the Green Lantern movie too. They wasted the opportunity on the safe bet Origin Story instead of Sinestro as main Bad Guy; and now no more Lantern.

I would rather have the bartender, "Charlie Brown", than Sofie.

Personally, I'd almost always have a new character over a variant of an existing character - but I am sure that a lot of people will agree with WookieFodder on this one.

The character i'm actually most interested in a variant for from the KB line is Elle. I really want a DVAS 4-pack AND a whistling nurse Elle.

I'm not going to complain about who is and isn't made until after I see everything we're getting. IIRC, Zach said there were 3 sets so far. Yes, I want a clean track-suit Bride, but I guess that's being held back for a "Best Of" future release perhaps? 2 Brides in one set is a bit much, I would have preferred a clean chest block packed in, but that's me. Not thrilled for Sophie, but not unhappy just yet.

As for the the DIVAs, arent they just the basic crew in black turtlenecks? Not horribly exciting, I want the final showdown versions and the Nurse version of Elle. Plus, Pai Mei.

As for the the DIVAs, arent they just the basic crew in black turtlenecks? Not horribly exciting

This is true - but i really kind of want to have them standing over a blood-splattered bride.

Also, it's sorta like the Green Lantern movie too. They wasted the opportunity on the safe bet Origin Story instead of Sinestro as main Bad Guy; and now no more Lantern.

I agree with some of your points, even though I'm happy to get Sofie, but I definitely don't agree that the lack of Sinestro as the villain was the problem with Green Lantern. I'd say the issue was more the fact that no one involved had any passion for the characters, a miscast....cast, with two exceptions, an absurd over reliance on CGI that came back to bite them when the effects weren't finished on time, and DC's insistence on using the least interesting of all the possible choices for Green Lantern. So much so that they borrowed from Kyle Rayner just to give Hal Jordan an arc. Am I sad that we'll never get to see Mark Strong as full blown Sinestro? Absolutely, he was the best part of the film, but I don't think that was the problem.

If you go back and watch that scene, her track suit is actually clean for less than two minutes. Seriously, she goes in the lady's room, changes, and when she comes out she chops off Sophie's arm. Bloody is appropriate. What we should be asking for is motorcycle bride.

Sofie is a waste of a character slot. Should be replaced with Clean Track Suit Bride or anyone else. In these uncertain times where a line can suddenly stop, who wants Sofie when there are so many other characters that might get made? Clean Track Suit Bride is the one I'd rather have and don't mind having both because it's the main character in her coolest costume.

You plan too far ahead and it can bite us all in the ass. Star Trek Minimate reboot you made the same Captain Characters and then the line stopped again. Also, it's sorta like the Green Lantern movie too. They wasted the opportunity on the safe bet Origin Story instead of Sinestro as main Bad Guy; and now no more Lantern.

I would rather have the bartender, "Charlie Brown", than Sofie.

I will admit that I remember the bartender from Kill Bill exactly zero amount, but Two Brides in almost identical outfits in one four-pack seems like it would give collectors even fewer wanted characters should the line fail, which seems to be your concern. I get what you're trying to say about seizing the opportunity (#YOLO?) but I also think putting all the popular characters in the first set leads to diminishing returns.

I actually think this is the opposite of what we did for Star Trek Legacy Series 1. Here, we put together the House of Blue Leaves "crew," including secondary characters, rather than picking all of the big guns. Conversely, we went with the most famous and popular characters for Star Trek, and now we're working on Series 2, which will include some secondary characters. I think both strategies are valid, but this way, every set of Kill Bill Minimates is a winner.

I'm not going to complain about who is and isn't made until after I see everything we're getting. IIRC, Zach said there were 3 sets so far. Yes, I want a clean track-suit Bride, but I guess that's being held back for a "Best Of" future release perhaps? 2 Brides in one set is a bit much, I would have preferred a clean chest block packed in, but that's me. Not thrilled for Sophie, but not unhappy just yet.

As for the the DIVAs, arent they just the basic crew in black turtlenecks? Not horribly exciting, I want the final showdown versions and the Nurse version of Elle. Plus, Pai Mei.

There are actually four sets planned, but not a Best Of set, not yet. That was just me saying maybe we'd find a place for another Track suit down the road, and it's totally based on sales.

We will make the Deadly Vipers, but not necessarily in their black turtlenecks.

If you go back and watch that scene, her track suit is actually clean for less than two minutes. Seriously, she goes in the lady's room, changes, and when she comes out she chops off Sophie's arm. Bloody is appropriate. What we should be asking for is motorcycle bride.

QFT

What I really want is Lucy Liu. What? Oh, fine, I'll take a Minimate version instead.

We will make the Deadly Vipers, but not necessarily in their black turtlenecks.

Good to hear. I was wondering if Bud would make the cut or not. I would definitely first go with their more recognizable looks over the turtle necks--the "showdown" versions where possible as you're doing with O-Ren, though maybe the hospital Elle instead.

You don't remember Charlie Brown? He may not have been the bartender but he worked there.

Is Sofie supposed to be wearing her outfit from when she gets her arm hacked off because she's wearing black when that happens? She wears grey in the Church scene.

3 More sets planned, that's 12 mm slots, let's try and break it down:

We need Bill, Ellie, Bud,and Vernita Green to make all the Vipers=4

There will definitely be at least one more Uma Thurman, if not 2 more. Pai Mei seems important. Crazy 88 announced, Let's say one Crazy 88 and their Leader. =4

Ok, last planned set: Who do we add now? Ellie in Nurse Uniform, for sure.

Maybe Rufus (Sam Jackson), we need some Black minimate characters with sunglasses already.

Maybe Hanzo, Maybe daughter BB, probably another version of Uma.

It's too bad the Michael Jai White scene wasn't more important, he'd be cool.