UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kill Bill

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that if a wallet embossed with the words "BAD MOTHER FUCKER" can be sold into the specialty market, then a toy truck with the words "Pussy Wagon" painted across the back can, too. Of course there needs to be a willingness on DST's part to offer it and their decision-making process seems as nebulous as that of the MPAA at times.

That said, it would need to be profitable. This is the type of product that would probably have to be sold into TRU to do so. NECA altered their packaging to sell figures from Kick-Ass 2 at TRU. I'm sure DST could alter the tailgate tampo just for TRU. (You know, for all the little kids who've seen Kill Bill and just have to have Buck's "Party Wagon.")

Personally, I've always preferred authenticity.

NECA made a 1/32 resin wagon. May work for a display with Minimates. Not seeing any reviews with pictures though.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is 1/32 scale the best scale for minimate compatibility? (Sorry, I looked at that compatibility thread but it's a lot to search through)

And does anyone have a pic of the edited-for-TV Party Wagon? I've never seen that one :)

I'm pretty sure that if a wallet embossed with the words "BAD MOTHER FUCKER" can be sold into the specialty market, then a toy truck with the words "Pussy Wagon" painted across the back can, too. Of course there needs to be a willingness on DST's part to offer it and their decision-making process seems as nebulous as that of the MPAA at times.

That said, it would need to be profitable. This is the type of product that would probably have to be sold into TRU to do so. NECA altered their packaging to sell figures from Kick-Ass 2 at TRU. I'm sure DST could alter the tailgate tampo just for TRU. (You know, for all the little kids who've seen Kill Bill and just have to have Buck's "Party Wagon.")

Personally, I've always preferred authenticity.

I'm pretty sure you're joking, but I'll just throw out that profitability dovetails with appropriateness here. The wallet is made of soft goods, which means it does not require the cutting of steel tools, so you can make as few as you like and the per-unit cost will not change drastically. And since it doesn't require film recognition to be an appealing item (I assume they existed in some form or another before the film made them famous), and is a useful, fully functional product, it could be sold at any number of novelty stores, to people who may very well have no idea what movie it's from.

A plastic toy truck requires the cutting of steel molds, which necessitates ordering a minimum number to ensure profitability. Sadly, a toy truck would likely NOT be picked up for sale by adult-oriented novelty shops, regardless of what racy thing it says on it, and would also probably NOT be picked up by a mass market toy store, even if it was changed to "Party." While I'm sure we could sell it to some specialty toy retailers, I think we'd have a lot of trouble meeting that minimum order. But maybe we could paint it a different color, and call it Hershel's Truck.

Also, Kick-Ass was a movie about superheroes, and 7-inch-scale action figures are a consistent category for TRU; Minimate vehicles not so much. And Kick-Ass was actually the movie's title, and a far less controversial word. I'd love to make vehicles for every line we make, but it is an expensive and complicated procedure.

• 1 month later...

Sophie? Really? That's... unexpected. Here's hoping she comes with a stub arm.

Everyone else is just spot on yes please want more. This set must be bloody. Oh, so bloody!

Hope that makes some people happy.

Everything makes me happy, Zach. Except the things that don't which is most stuff.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot