UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Movie

MiniMage

So this came out a few days ago:

This looks like a lot of fun! I think I'm gonna watch it. Anyone else? smile.png

theater, multiple times biggrin.png

amazing stop motion check!

pixar level humor check!

amazing voice cast check!

this movie has it all biggrin.png

Actually, it's all cgi made to look like a stop-motion.

I thought they said its a mix, its getting confusing since in each interview they seem to give different information :P

I do know the directors personal lego set is utilized in the film, so that makes me assume its at least partly stop motion

• 3 months later...

this movie was AWESOME!!

it helps my opinion on it that I got to see it in 3D for free and was still given the giveaway lego figure for the ticket "purchase" :P

(love my job)

but seriously this movie is fantastic, its good pure fun with a very touching ending, i genuinely found every joke in the film funny, nothing felt TOO dumbed down and that was very refreshing.

Might try to get to this today. Wish it was playing earlier in the week, when we could have used something to do while the power was out. unsure.png

Anyone get any of the Minifigs? My daughter got the panda and Abe Lincoln (very cool). I really want William Shakespeare myself.

This was a lot of fun. Now I don't know if I like it as much as Rotten Tomatoes did, but I did like it. Very good action, more Batman than I expected (I was honestly expecting him to be a smaller role) and UniKitty became maybe the most unexpectedly fun character of the film. Serious props to Bad Cop for being completely badass in every appearance and to the way they messed around with Green Lantern (WONDERFUL comedic role. And I'm surprised they didn't try that with Aquaman instead of him).

8.7/10.

Might try to get to this today. Wish it was playing earlier in the week, when we could have used something to do while the power was out. unsure.png

Anyone get any of the Minifigs? My daughter got the panda and Abe Lincoln (very cool). I really want William Shakespeare myself.

I went out last week & bought a bunch. Shakespeare was the first I found -- just feel for the lil circular neck ruffle. Is what I did. (Got basically all the ones I really wanted that way.)

Now the ones I want are Benny (1980s-something astronaut), Michelangelo & David. (I hopehopehope Lego makes the last two -- super uncool to show them in every single tv spot if they're not going to be made.)

My 3 year old (almost 4 year old) daughter wasn't interested in this based on the trailers, and I thought it might be too manic and fast paced for her at this age. What do those who have seen it think about a child this young seeing this movie? She wanted to see the one about the squirrel, but I flat out refuse to watch that one.

I took my four-year old to see it this weekend. He's been extremely excited about it for weeks. Every day last week when he woke he asked if it was time to see the Lego movie. Saturday he woke me at 6:15 saying, "It's Saturday! Is it time to see the Lego Movie now?" and while he watched some cartoons, at every commercial, he said, "Daddy, it says it's playing now. It said NOW. Is it time to go?" Not even 8:00 am, kiddo. Anyway, he made it about 30 minutes into the movie before he got freaked and we had to leave. (The scene with Bad Cop's parents) On the way home, he quoted most of that 30 minute period, but he really doesn't like scary or tense scenes. (Every Disney movie he's seen has scared him.) Although he enjoyed 95% of what he saw, he still maintains that the Lego Movie is a scary movie, that daddies and mommies would be scared to even watch it at home, and he doesn't want to be a master builder because then those robot police guys would come get him. From what I could tell, most other kids his age weren't as scared. They didn't start crying anyway. He still loves Legos and still loves the commercials for the Lego Movie, which he refers to as Lego Movie Number 1. The scary one is Lego Movie Number 100.

So I guess if she thinks most Disney movies are basically horror films, probably not a good idea. Otherwise, it's entirely kid and adult friendly.

Took my 4-year-old daughter and she loved it. She said it was the best movie ever, but that really just means that it was the last movie she saw. She saw The Nut Job with grandma because I refused to pay for that crap. She loved that too, so her taste is suspect. She wasn't scared at any point, but Monster House is the only movie that ever scared her. (She laughed like crazy at Paranorman which I had reservations about taking her to). She was really looking forward to Lego because she's been watching Ninjago on netflix. That show can get kind of dark sometimes.

Edited by Zombie Shakespeare

My daughter was scared by that scene as well (she's six). There's a scene later in the movie where the bad guys break up one of the worlds and capture a lot of Legos, and that would probably be pretty scary as well. Turtle, if it helps, you can tell your son that Bad Cop's parents are fine at the end (sorry for the spoiler!). BTW, K80, my mom took my daughter to that squirrel thing and said it was awful.

So, I've got a question for everyone that has seen this: as an adult toy collector, how did this make you feel? Anyone have to rethink anything about their collecting habits?

So, I've got a question for everyone that has seen this: as an adult toy collector, how did this make you feel? Anyone have to rethink anything about their collecting habits?

My initial thought: Those Lego collector people are crazy. I'm glad I'm not that nuts!"

but in all seriousness, There are some toys my kids want, and regardless of how collectable they are I let them play with them. Of course there are things I dont let them touch, but after they are toys and its just a hobby.

Thanks for the input fellas. The first movie my daughter went to see was Frozen with my wife, and she got scared and they had to leave at some point. She also won't watch Bambi because of the hunter scene, but other than that she hasn't been too scared of the Disney stuff we've watched. I'll consider it.