UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cannon fodder, army builders make-over!

PattieCake

Good day everyone!

I've been taking my 'Mates out of storage and am trying to add some diversity to my goons. My question to all of you is if you have any recipes, ideas and/or pictures to get this thing going.

This is regarding S.H.I.E.L.D. agents mostly. A lot of army builders have the exact same look, i.e. Hellfire guards, Doombots, Moloids, etc... Being an international collector it's not that easy (quite expensive, too) for me to trade for parts that I think might work. That's why I like to be certain to avoid getting parts I end up not using.

I could use some inspiration for these crews:

- Male S.H.I.E.L.D agents

- Female S.H.I.E.L.D agents

- Nova corps

- Kree soldiers

- A.I.M. agents (weapons and gear)

Also wondering if anyone assembled these baddies (partly inspired by Marvel: Avengers Alliance):

- Maggia (for Silvermane)

- Thugs (for Kingpin)

- Assasins (for Jigsaw)

- Vampires (for Dracula)

- Demons (for Dormammu)

I couldn't find a topic like this one so I hope it's a-ok.

I haven't tried these combos but i have seen people on the board do it and i plan to later on. Anyway, here you go:

For male SHIELD agents you could use the Expendables heads (i can't rmember who came up with the idea though, so whoever you are, credit goes to youthumbsup.gif ) or buy some wd mates on clearance.

For the Nova corps you could use some of the Thundercats heads (Prowlar came up with the idea i think).

For Vampires you could mix and match these figs: Blade, Curse of the Mutants Jubilee and Wolvie, Trish and Dante from mvc3.

For the Maggia you could use Aldrich Killian's body with different heads (expendables, wd mates) and maybe put Joe Fixit's fedora on some.

I've been messing around with Novas. Trying not to do any painting or modification so if I get bored with these I can send their heads back to their original figures. Figured anything that wouldn't go on display or fit into my plans was fair game.

funnovas.jpg

Those are my fun ones, snake, bear and his helmeted robot translator, and 90s style leather jacket battle scarred Nova.

novacorps.jpg

And all together (without Sam or the wave 23 Nova), with a bunch of simple head swaps.

Edited by JeffBohn

My advice would be to look at Official Handbook entries. Every group that has been made into Minimates has received a detailed entry with multiple head shots of members. When I customize, I always use references so I get authenticity. Example, for something like SHIELD field agents, you will notice that they're a lot like police officers in that mustaches are allowed but you won't see a full beard. Use fairly generic faces with clean-cut haircuts. For females, just use fairly stoic faces with normal hair.

For Nova Corps look at what alien races were actually members. I see people use Skrull heads, which look cool, but they're not accurate. Skrulls are a war-like outlaw race, they do not serve in the peace-keeping Nova Corps.

Kree - Kree are pink and blue so just use heads of those color. Kree pretty much all look the same and the helmet will be covering most of their head.

AIM - Not sure what you're looking for here since they don't show their faces. Try to get as many Wave 25 agents as you can, but it will not be cheap. "AIM" to spend roughly 25 bucks per agent. For weapons, use futuristic and/or alien weaponry. The big guns that came with Cable/Bishop/Kang and the Hope Summers/Heavy SHIELD agent assault rifles work. The proton cannon for Marvel Vs. Capcom Iron Man would probably look cool too. Avoid using traditional guns and you should be good.

For Goons, I actually use the Punisher WarZone Mob Thug. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people army building those. You don't see them by themselves on eBay too often, but when they do show up they're usually cheap. If you decide to get the box set, the Frank Castle heads work for goon faces. Just look for grizzled, disheveled characters.

Minimate Database is of course an excellent place to start for ideas.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the input and ideas so far!

Does anyone have any recipes for existing SHIELD agents? I've got Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jimmy Woo, Jasper Sitwell, Nick Fury, Mario Hill & Sharon Carter so far.

Daisy Johnson, perhaps? She basically looks like Maria Hill but with big gauntlets on to help direct her powers.

Secret_Warriors_22_textless.jpg

Edit:

Also, Clay Quartermain - Clay_Quartermain-150x150.png

EDIT EDIT:

There actually a list available here.

Edited by Nessex

IMAG0405-1_zps96f557a5.jpg

Front row: Black Widow, Agent 13, Quake, Maria Hill, Nick Fury (can't wait to replace that head/hair with the Age of Ultron one!), Dum-Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Agent Coulson

Second row: Random female agents, Kymberly Taylor, Jasper Sitwell, Clay Quartermain, Jimmy Woo, random male agent

The rest are just random agents (though, I'm sure I could find names to match some of my headswaps - Kymberly Taylor was a fluke accident, lol - thanks, Prowlar for the 411!), with the Ultimate soldiers being "The Howling Commandos" (in my fan-canon).

For a little variety, I swapped out the blue body on the new Heavy Assault SHIELD Agent with the black body from the trench coat Wolverine 2 figure. Also, Chris Redfield and Superior Spider-Ock have hair with radio mouthpieces that work well with the agents.

ElGallo, I like your style!

Thanks Mnemosis!

Hey Tenime could you tell me which hair you used for Quartemain, Oh and I love your howling commandos idea.

For a little variety, I swapped out the blue body on the new Heavy Assault SHIELD Agent with the black body from the trench coat Wolverine 2 figure. Also, Chris Redfield and Superior Spider-Ock have hair with radio mouthpieces that work well with the agents.

I planning on using the wave 48 mr. fantastic for some extra heavy assault agents since the color seems to match.

I used the bodies from some extra Rhodey figures (Air Assault drones?) to swap out the bodies from the Heavy SHIELD agents, then added the spare holster sets from the same. The blue was almost as dark (but not quite).

I gave the Heavy SHIELD agents (post-body swap) the boots from the human figure in the Resistance set (I had gotten multiples of those on clearance at TRU in the past few months).

Still working on the hands - flesh colored or black gloves to go with the boots. I'll post pics later when I figure it out.

Made a QC Sharon Carter using the X-Men First Class Emma Frost figure with a BSG Six hair swap, and a spare SHIELD holster.

Can't wait to see this.

I used the bodies from some extra Rhodey figures (Air Assault drones?) to swap out the bodies from the Heavy SHIELD agents, then added the spare holster sets from the same. The blue was almost as dark (but not quite).

I gave the Heavy SHIELD agents (post-body swap) the boots from the human figure in the Resistance set (I had gotten multiples of those on clearance at TRU in the past few months).

Still working on the hands - flesh colored or black gloves to go with the boots. I'll post pics later when I figure it out.

Made a QC Sharon Carter using the X-Men First Class Emma Frost figure with a BSG Six hair swap, and a spare SHIELD holster.

Sharon Carter QC

X-Men First Class Emma Frost

BSG Six hair swap

Spare holster from either Heavy SHIELD Agent pack.

P1040109.jpg

Modified Heavy SHIELD Agent.

Disassembled as much as needed, then body swapped for spare Rhodey body (IM2 figures acquired on clearance 2-3 years ago).

Blue is not as dark as SHIELD agent body, but works here.

Boots replaced with ones from the human figure in the Resistance 2-pack.

Gloves are dark blue and from a Fantastic Four figure, although I cannot be sure from what wave (taken from the parts bin).

947c553d-a4c5-4558-9dcb-ea22f58962ba.jpg

Another Heavy SHIELD Agent

Same recipe as above, head swap with MAX police officer.

6b9f24ee-26b1-4dab-8ef9-502b9de564c1.jpg

Thanks to Ady and TM2Dinobot for the IT assistance!

Edited by Molybdenum Man

With the swapped out SHIELD agent bodies, I can now make some SHIELD agents!

Using the remaining knife and gun holster from the Maria Hill set (I had one Maria Hill, and two Commander Fury / Rogers sets).

Using the head from the Nathan Hale character from the Resistance 2-pack, and a MAX head (one of the firemen).

f646dda9-734e-42a1-b704-5eaed1a06167.jpg

I hope that I can get more of these sets, hopefully the Maria Hill one, to make more agents.

Edited by Molybdenum Man

• 2 months later...

I made a Daisy Johnson custom using a spare Maria Hill body, a BSG Sharon head, new hair, and the gauntlets from a human/alien hybrid from Resistance. I colored the hands using a silver Sharpie.

P1040124.jpg

Heavy SHIELD agents

P1040122.jpg