UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this set in the mail…and wow!!!! I love story-themed box sets like this anyway, but this one just blew everything out of the water! I was concerned that Wolverine's coat looked "off", like many others, but getting him in hand, it was a different story. He looks great! Very evocative of the character from DOFP. Mystique was amazing, and such a perfect upgrade! The Senator Kelly head was awesome (the little extras always are!) and I promptly stuck it on an extra suit-body I had purchased for just such an occasion. The morphing head was very cool, but maybe a Raven head would have been a tad cooler and more useful. Kitty looked great, and I am sooooo glad that she had the parts for the green jumpsuit look. Very cool that people can recreate the iconic cover, but to me, Future Kitty needs to have the bun and be in the jumpsuit. Also, the Sentinel was very, very nice. I liked that he was taller, and the colors were excellent. This whole set was a big home run in my opinion. I hope we see some more classic-themed box sets like this in the future! Bring on Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga!!!

Just picked this up from work as well. I love it to death, honestly.

Mystique is perfect, tne Sentinel is perfect, and Wolverines Coat is still pretty sexy lol.

Due to this boxset, I am now setting up a new X-men group in my display (One character from each alt reality or timeline so I have an excuse to use the AoA, AoX, so on) so I have a use for Zombie Magneto, DoFP Logan, ANXM Raze/Kate Pryde, AoX Cyclops, AoA Rogue, and so on.

Just picked this up from work as well. I love it to death, honestly.

Mystique is perfect, tne Sentinel is perfect, and Wolverines Coat is still pretty sexy lol.

Due to this boxset, I am now setting up a new X-men group in my display (One character from each alt reality or timeline so I have an excuse to use the AoA, AoX, so on) so I have a use for Zombie Magneto, DoFP Logan, ANXM Raze/Kate Pryde, AoX Cyclops, AoA Rogue, and so on.

Great idea, but I like to keep my zombis away from the other mates. I don't want a Zombie outbreak.

I did something similar with an Exiles team I crafted out of the teamless Multiple Man, Shanna, Blink, and Captain America - Erik Lehnsherr. They're arch rivals? The DarkEST Avengers - Captain America (Flash Thompson in the Fighting Chance armor), King Hulk, Iron Man (Norman Osborn in a modded Heartbreaker/Phoenix Killer), Hawkeye (Ennis/Bradstreet Frank Castle with a Sniper Rifle), Black Widow (Yelena Belova bonded to the Venom symbiote), and Thor... God of War (NOW Thor/Ares mashup)

I did something similar with an Exiles team I crafted out of the teamless Multiple Man, Shanna, Blink, and Captain America - Erik Lehnsherr. They're arch rivals? The DarkEST Avengers - Captain America (Flash Thompson in the Fighting Chance armor), King Hulk, Iron Man (Norman Osborn in a modded Heartbreaker/Phoenix Killer), Hawkeye (Ennis/Bradstreet Frank Castle with a Sniper Rifle), Black Widow (Yelena Belova bonded to the Venom symbiote), and Thor... God of War (NOW Thor/Ares mashup)

Any chance that you have pictures of this? :D

I really wanted a DoFP movie Quicksilver, he made that movie for me and I would love a minimate of him

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody usually comments on this stuff but it's the kind of thing that always grabs my attention:

The legs/feet in this set are almost perfectly even. Most Minimates stand slightly crooked from the miniscule difference, none of that here! This mold is TRU10 levels of good, hope we see it used in all future sets.