UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to throw this out there... for a convention exclusive box set, this gives us a remake of a mystique that many of us don't have and that a lot of us think is an improvement, and it gives us not one, but two Senator Kelly heads, one in mid transformation back to mystique. to me, everything else is irrelevant. That sells the set

That's pretty much how I feel.

I'm going to throw this out there... for a convention exclusive box set, this gives us a remake of a mystique that many of us don't have and that a lot of us think is an improvement, and it gives us not one, but two Senator Kelly heads, one in mid transformation back to mystique. to me, everything else is irrelevant. That sells the set

im on this boat

BHM, I guess I'm not sure what the purpose or even direction of your sting is. Is it to get DST to make bigger Marvel Minimates (which legally can't happen) or to get people to stop asking us for bigger Marvel Minimates (also not happening)? Honestly curious, sometimes it's hard to tell what you're giving evidence and/or arguments for.

biggrin.png

Don't worry Zach even I lose track of myself sometimes........as for giving evidence ....you really should have seen me in action last Tuesday in court .

Good luck with this set .

Beesheadmate ? laugh.png ......from Bumblebee Barn.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Too many old wounds. I've made peace with the 2 inch only reality. Used to drive me crazy. Let it go. You may be right, but that doesn't mean you'll win-end of the day minimates will remain based on the 2 inch body.

Maybe, one day, after the phenomenal success of the Deadly Foes box set, Luke will ask for another exclusive. A 10, 12, or maybe even a 24 inch white Minimate bank with the Luke's Roy Store logo in it.

And just maybe, being the smart cookie he is, he will offer sticker decals for sale with his exclusive bank. One with a Sentinel, one with Galactus, one with Giant Man (all versions).

Maybe. Then all our problems would be solved.

Although then we would all demand 3-inch bodies for out Hulks and A-Bombs, etc.

...I'm pretty sure Marvel Minimates are 2" due to licensing issues.

bell_winner-bf.gif

But yes, I recall Chuck saying that they couldn't use the toolings for the 3-inch body if they wanted to because they were destroyed over time. Even steel toolings don't last forever and since DST hasn't used them in so long, they're no longer viable.

I wouldn't use the 3-inch body for Sentinels anyway. If DST could offer Minimates of such larger Marvel characters, I'd go to at least 6 inches tall for them, Galactus, Giant Man, and others.

Ohhh! I'd love a Luke's Roy Store exclusive figure. It's the best place for all your Roy needs!

This made me laugh far harder than it should have

I'm cool with the 2" model for Minimates, but a 5" Giant Man would be so awesome.

Just me & you then Pete no.gif

oh, I'm with you guys and thinking that 5 10 or 12 inch tall figures for some of the larger characters like sentinels, giant man, and Galactus would all be fantastic. then again, Toy Biz gave us those. they weren't exactly in scale to the legends, and now they're better suited to the mini mates. aesthetically different, sure, but it's something I can live with to have a giant Sentinel loom over my x-men

im on this boat

Heil Hivemind!

I honestly assumed everyone here, including myself, would love 3-inch, 6-inch and 12-inch Minimates.

But I also kinda figured everyone who came here regularly knew that wasn't in the cards for Marvel, which made it happening for other lines highly unlikely.

I guess it really is a case of different people seeing different things when looking at the same situation.

I would say that many people already have a Mystique, looking at the pics and the previous version doesn't make me feel like a great leap forward was made, and to make a Senator Kelly figure, I would have to use a body that isn't provided in the set. Those things make this set a pass for me.

I'm cool with the 2" model for Minimates, but a 5" Giant Man would be so awesome.

Just me & you then Pete no.gif

Hell No, Ive been championing for a 6"-10" blank for a long time, at minimate "scale" the 2" body can represent anywhere from @4 to 8 feet especially with the use of different boots, hip risers, bulky chest pieces etc. but Id love a larger mate for a few choice charcters.

Too many old wounds. I've made peace with the 2 inch only reality. Used to drive me crazy. Let it go.

Same here. For the longest time I kept hoping we might see big ol' banks of Giant Man, Goliath, Watcher, different Sentinels, etc. And I would rather have 3" or 6" versions over 2" versions, though I also like having 2" versions (I think that Galactus is pretty dang awesome). But I've accepted things and moved on. I've got the Max statues, anyway. Edited by karamazov80

BHM, I guess I'm not sure what the purpose or even direction of your sting is. Is it to get DST to make bigger Marvel Minimates (which legally can't happen) or to get people to stop asking us for bigger Marvel Minimates (also not happening)? Honestly curious, sometimes it's hard to tell what you're giving evidence and/or arguments for.

I've had time to think & I've decided that I could've done one of 2 things..........shutthef*ckup or continue to be constructively critical . I've gone for the latter of course but I will strive to be more lucid with why I'm slightly disappointed with this particular set .

I'll start by giving a link to the source material which is well worth taking a peek at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGAUMoAOVM0

I'll also give you the picture of the tray shot ......... post-638-0-55333200-1402908109_thumb.jpg

I'll add that Zach is not & will never be my adversary on this forum ,he is a fellow-member & we agree to disagree like all members.......it is indisputable however that he is also our conduit to Chuck & trust me,Chuck is Minimates . I'll stress now that I'm choosing my words carefully......"he is also" not "he is just a conduit".

I'm very much aware of the commercial viability of the brand .....big words perhaps......but I pride myself that I reckon I just about know how it works . With an SDCC exclusive box set ,5000 sets will be the optimum run ,I believe(I know) that less have been made on occasion . The idea is to make money & promote the brand at the annual show ,in my humble opinion that has generally been the result but in all honesty there are very few SDCC 'sell-outs' that I can remember . At this point I should say that as a Minimate-fan I have loved some of the sets we've been given from SDCC .....Stormbreaker would be a prime example ......I love that set & adore Sif.

Sooooooooo why the 'hate' for this set ? There is none [from me] & I reckon it'll sell well enough esp. if we're seeing a run of 3000. I have looked at what has been included & what has been left out ,I can understand why .....I listen & learn from the tidbits of info that DST officials have given us over the years ....I know that tampos are more expensive than molds,generally/relatively ,I know the economical/optimum run & I kinda figure I know the margin. Arrogant.......deluded ? Perhaps ....or maybe I've just bothered to figure things out over the past 9 years ,making many mistakes along the way .

My gripes however are manifold as my reader may have noticed. Shall I start again ? No not yet ,I'm just going to let those

people who are interested in the source material to digest my lazy-link above & tell me whether you are spotting what this old, moaning, 59 year old is spotting *.

Perhaps I'm being over-the-top but this is very important to me & despite the fact that the sun is shining & I've a ton of things to do............... I'm bothering with this .

*Forget the jacket .....there is one accessory that is glaringly missing ....it makes me cross.wink.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

I get the want for bigger minimates but I understand if it's not in their license.

Marvel universe & legends hold it for the bigger scales

& with that said, If I need a bigger figure for scale I just use one of those figures.

The marvel legends & marvel universe sentinels work great in minimate scale!

But

Maybe dst can offer a blank large mold for another figure license & people can customize what ever character they need for marvel.

Best of both worlds #hamnamontana

RE: Larger scale Minimates & the reasons why we especially don't have larger Marvel ones is just a red-herring I threw out there . I accept the reason why DST can't do bigger Minimates ........I don't accept why DST accept it . If there were toys out there that looked like Minimates & were just a bigger scale what on earth would be the problem ?

"Dear Marvel,we produce an articulated toy which is insert height of toy that is not currently being made inches tall ,can we please make a small range of larger Marvel characters ,characters like Giant Man,Galactus & Sentinel "

" Dear DST, sorry guys that's not in your current licence for 2" articulated figures "

" Dear Marvel that's correct .......so can we have another licence for this new line "

The reply will only go one of two ways .

All I want to hear is that the question has been asked....& declined ....& I'll shut up !

So I need to deconstruct the constructive criticism? :D

"Chuck, there's a problem with one of our sets. I have no idea what it is, but the guy said he was 'cross' and then he winked at me."

Maybe the video would help, but I can't play it. Is it the crossed out posters on the wall? Does somebody (not Kitty) wear a cross? Is this that Cockney rhyming slang I've been hearing so much about? Boss? Moss? Are we missing some moss?

Seriously, I've got nothing. But as long as it's not about Sentinel size and coat length, I'll play all day. :)