UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

I'm sorry. I enjoyed X3.

Apology noted, but not accepted. This is pretty inexcusable.

X3 is my favourite of the original 3 (don't disown me!!) I know it has problems but damn I do love me some Vinnie Jones as juggernaut

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X3 isn't bad on the level of Batman and Robin, what bugs me about it is just how much it drops the ball on pretty much everything it tries to do. There were cool moments, but I don't think a single thing about that movie is above C level.

Oh look, Magneto's pissed off... again... and now he has this ultimate Human Killing Weapon... again... HEY HE'S F**KING UP A LANDMARK... again... yeah it was basically X-Men 1 with like twice as many mutants.

You just described Days of Future Past, too. wink.png

But it wasn't JUST Magneto this time. And it introduced a new cool element in the series with the Sentinels. However I will readily admit that the last bit of DOFP was the most disappointing part because it was Magneto being all "LET'S KILL 'EM ALL" again. But at least this time it wasn't the entire plot.

What bugs me more than anything in X3 is that DOFP doesn't even bother to attempt to explain how Xavier's alive. Watching him getting ripped apart at the molecular level kinda drove home the notion that this dude was gone. The after credits scene with a different Moira might have had something to do with why they steered away from it but it sure didn't stop them from using another Trask.

I can't stand Singer.

Oh look, Magneto's pissed off... again... and now he has this ultimate Human Killing Weapon... again... HEY HE'S F**KING UP A LANDMARK... again... yeah it was basically X-Men 1 with like twice as many mutants.

That actually does also sum up DOFP pretty good biggrin.png But I don't mind the reuse of a general story arc if it's done well. Some people say that the Raimi Spidey movies all shared the same essential story elements, yet one is one of my favorite comic movies, and one is one of my least favorite.

For such a hated film, so is its box office take. It's still at the top of the franchise, even in adjusted dollars.

I will rarely argue that there is a correlation between film quality and box office take. . .because I've seen Transformers.

X3 is my favourite of the original 3

*contacts lawyer to find out how to officially disown winkerbean*

I believe it! I was so mad no xmen toys for this awesome movie!

I've read a lot about how marvel is discontinuing the fantastic four comic, to spite fox and not promoting any characters that marvel doesn't own. Marvel is mad and wants it's stuff back haha

Edited by Roccothegreat

Just wondering if this has to do with the delay in the DOFP mates coming out. Its coming from Rob though, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://nerdreactor.com/2014/06/01/spider-man-could-possibly-appear-in-avengers-3/

That was my theory.

We know that Fox is motivated to make these movies, at least in part, to keep the license. But why they wouldn't want to market it is beyond me.

It's my understanding that Fox doesn't handle merchandising for the X-Men films. Marvel does, and they have enough on their plate with Marvel Studios pictures to be pushing product based on films from a competing studio.

Add to that the fact that Disney would love nothing more than to see X-Men and Fantastic Four movie rights revert back to Marvel Studios and you can understand the lack of product from Fox.

Seemed like a concerted effort on Disney/Marvel's part to sideline Fox-related merchandise.

You just described Days of Future Past, too. wink.png

>

I'm sorry. I enjoyed X3.

Apology noted, but not accepted. This is pretty inexcusable.

For such a hated film, so is its box office take. It's still at the top of the franchise, even in adjusted dollars.

That is like saying The BillBoard Music Awards gives out prizes to the BEST in music instead of what sold more. In the end it is everyone's personal preference that matters. To Me X3 was below X1 in quality and story just because it added too much in than needed. It should have stuck to one story either Dark Phoenix or the Cure. Perferably in that order so that there is an even greater reason to have the cure be needed.

I actually don't care *too much* about the Spider-Man cinematic universe. Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed some of the films.... but if he were given the rights/ability to team up with the Avengers... well, i just think it would make for a weaker Avengers film. The Avengers have soooooooo many characters who could be brought to life on film, that filling a slot with Spider-Man seems like a bit of a waste.

I suspect if this ever did happen, we'd only be seeing a very brief cameo - so it's probably a moot point.

I kind of like that the X-Men are their own little universe unto themselves. Cross-overs for the sake of cross-polinating audiences always seem kind of desperate and forced to me. It sucks for toys though.... Thank god for Minimates, or we'd have nothing!

I used to feel that having all the Marvel guys interact would make for the best geek moviegoing experience. But now that we've already seen so much of it, the novelty has worn off a bit, and I'm with you Nessex. Particularly regarding the X-Men. These aren't monthly comics across multiple titles where we can see these kinds of things in the course of telling thousands of stories. These are movies we see every once in awhile, and when we get them, they really need to wow us. If they started shoehorning Spidey and the X-Men (and possibly X-Factor, X-Force, New Mutants, etc.) into Avengers stories, I imagine it would be very hard to focus on any specific characters in a way that audiences would care at all about them. But part of this opinion may be skewed by the fact that I love Days of Future Past, and the direction of this franchise after that and First Class. I wouldn't want to see the X-Men get overlooked and watered down by having to fit in with whatever it is Marvel Studios is doing, as much as I love some of their films (I thought Thor 2 and Cap 2 were two of their best outings yet).

I do make an exception for the FF though, because they would seem like a smooth and natural fit with the Avengers-verse, and. . .I'm not really confident with the direction Fox is taking them now, anyway. The previous films blew, and now they're making wacky changes, bringing in a director with questionable credentials, etc. X-Men is, I think, in very safe hands. But FF? Not so sure.

Little off topic but did anybody else get a little bit excited when the random old lady started talking to Mystique in the film thinking they snuck Destiny in there.

Then was quickly disappointed sad.png

I did for a second. I think that means we know too much about the X-Men.