UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

heres the thing, I just saw the film twice today, loved it more each time, but to be honest, I dont think there was any way they'd have been able to do every character i'd want so id rather just get these sets for cool parts and just not worry about owning movie versions

(quicksilver, trask, beast, blink, colossus, kitty pryde, iceman, and future/past sentinels woulda been a good start tongue.png )

edit: did i mention i do LOVE the mates we are getting and hope we get some cool accessories :D

Edited by undeadpool

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the 'Mates we're getting, cool designs and great picks! Love that we finally get a McKellan/Stewart Magneto/Xavier, I personally think those two should have been done way back for X3, but great to finally see them. Personally, I think Future Wolverine and Storm are kinda wastes. They didn't do a whole lot. I'd have replaced them with Trask, Quicksilver, Beast or Blink. Either way, GREAT movie and very pumped for this wave!

Saw the movie last night. Loved it.(my friend thinks they might have messed up more than fixed). I'm on board for more mates. I'll customize some of my own. Started a Trask and Beast. do some more after seeing it a few more times.biggrin.png

Just saw the movie and loved it, I love all the 'mates we're getting, but I feel like the most conspicuously absent compared to their film presence are Beast and Quicksilver.

I have a feeling that Marvel and Fox are going to find themselves in a conundrum about Quicksilver, I suspect that he's going to be the character who really pops out of this movie to a lot of people, and I feel like Fox is going to want to keep using him, and once the character shows up in Avengers, we're going to end up with two versions of the same character showing up continuously in two separate franchises. I can't think of another occasion where that has happened, even with Bond in Never Say Never Again it was only a one-off.

I wouldn't be so sure that they will want to use quicksilver again, the movie made it kind of obvious that he has one of those powers that's just way too powerful. He was a convenient dues ex machina when they used him but the second half of the film would have been resolved rather quickly if they had thought to bring him along. Just another movie thought why in god's green earth didn't they have Rachel in the movie instead of changing another character powers?

As for the minimates after seeing the film I am really disappointed in this wave we are getting all the boring characters and the ones that didn't get much screen time. I would have gone with either past xavier, magneto, wolverine, beast mystique and trask for the main screen time characters or future iceman, blink, pyro, mystique, wolverine and sentinel for the most exciting toys.

Since we haven't ever really got a good representation of the movie x-men about 3 boxsets of the team in their black leathers might be nice.

They've already stated that Quicksilver will have an expanded role in the next movie.

Not sure what cast they will use though, young or old?

Can't wait to get my hands on this wave.

confirmed cast for X-men: Apocalypse is Evan's Quicksilver, Tatum's Gambit, young Scott, young Jean, young Ororo (who they will never call Ororo it seems :P )

and ofcourse Apocalypse himself

i would assume McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence and Hoult will rejoin the cast and i'd expect more from Hugh Jackman as well

No series 2, but maybe we can do the next best thing.

We've got some cool comic X-Men sets coming up, as well as movie stuff, but nothing based on the classic storyline that I know of.

Does anyone think a convention exclusive 4-pack of complementary figures from this flick would sell?

A movie-based 4-pack with the discarded Rogue, the suddenly-more-popular Quicksilver, and two other characters (Trask static-mate for bonus points) would probably do well in the specialty market, especially since this movie's probably going to end up as one of the top five grossers of 2014, probably higher than ASM2 and maybe even TWS.

I guess we can look at it this way, when Apocalypse comes out, there will certainly be a wave of 'mates to go along with that film, possibly even with a Toys "R" Us wave as well, we'll get another bite at the apple for several of these characters that we missed this time at least.

To those who have seen the film, I don't believe this is a spoiler since it's in the trailers, Wolverine says he knows of Quicksilver, and yet they never elaborate on how. Was anyone else hoping they would address that?

Yeah, it just seemed like there would be more to it, since we've never seen or heard of him in the X-Men franchise up to this point. Magneto's son never being referenced seems unlikely if they supposedly knew him all along.

Not a big deal, don't take it as a complaint or anything, I just figured that there would be more to it.

Yeah, that part didn't really strike me as odd at all. What did strike me as odd: we've now seen three takes on a mutant cure/suppressor/inhibitor/rose-by-any-other-name serum. Anyway, great movie. Super fun. Not as good as CA:TWS, but still good.

Overall, I think DST did a great job with their lineup. Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, and Mystique are the stars here, and it only make sense that we get them in their prominent looks. Storm is the only one I would consider swapping out. Quicksilver was a hell of a lot of fun. Shame we're not getting him instead. I actually think this movie could have supported two waves, but ultimately I'm mostly satisfied with what we are getting.

Edited by Turtle