UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

what the hell? i thought only a rogue-centric scene was cut from the movie but she will still be in it and all. like in the background or whatever.

so now she's not gonna appear at all?

that feckin' sucks

fine! i hope it's Blink.

Edited by Earlyfrost

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm looking forward to the film but part of me is expecting a giant cluster f@#k of a movie!

Worried the minimates are going to go the way of wave 15 & not even make it out the starting gate, its 2 months to the film and these haven't even been solicited in previews yet so I'm guessing they'll be out after GOTG or in time for the blu-ray release

Bishop wasn't in DOFP, though confused.gif

And unless i'm mistaken kitty pryde also didn't have the ability to send people's consciousness back in time either in DOFP. But the movie is the movie and never the tween shall meet

Yeah - i really feel like they could have introduced a new character for this one. Perhaps have inserted Rachael Grey instead of Sunspot or Warpath?

I'm pretty sure her original powers were actually some loosely described time-travel thing, before she got re-written as another telepath/telekinetic.

And unless i'm mistaken kitty pryde also didn't have the ability to send people's consciousness back in time either in DOFP. But the movie is the movie and never the tween shall meet

Yeah - i really feel like they could have introduced a new character for this one. Perhaps have inserted Rachael Grey instead of Sunspot or Warpath?

I'm pretty sure her original powers were actually some loosely described time-travel thing, before she got re-written as another telepath/telekinetic.

Well, with Jean and Scott dead, including Rachel seems like... impossible.

Well, with Jean and Scott dead, including Rachel seems like... impossible.

To be fair, continuity doesn't seem to be a *huge* deal with the x-movie franchise

But the movie is the movie and never the tween shall meet

That's true, it'll probably be a PG-13...

Bummer about Rogue, her costume/look was the only one I actually dug from those 500 magazine covers a while back. Now I'm really only looking forward to the chair.

DoFP is now Series 59. 57 is GotG, 58 is X-Men comic. That should also be the order of release.

And we haven't really revealed anything official for these guys, so I hope people will appreciate more than the chair. Future Xavier, Future Magneto and a versatile Mystique are all figures I'm personally looking forward to adding to my X-men movie MM collection, and now one of the old XM3 figures will get a much-needed update, too.

so its either Storm or Colossus, to be honest id be fine with either, but id prefer Colossus as he reminds me of my AoV design :P

i am very excited by these mates even though i dont plan to use them for movie set ups

by versatile mystique, do you mean that she fits in with any film, or that she comes with some shape shifting parts?

I'd personally prefer a more detailed Colossus too. The X3 Storm isn't too bad in the scheme of things, but the X3 colossus could have used a lot more detail on his metal parts.

Can't wait to see detailed pics of these guys though. Very excited. All blue mystique is a moviemate i've wanted since..... since comic book moviemates became a "thing", i guess.

Edited by Nessex

While I agree with you that he does not need to be the focal point of every movie, that's just the way it's going to be. He's the most popular character to the average moviegoer, he's always going to be front and center.

Thats why I enjoyed First Class as much as I did. There wasn't any character assassinations in order to prop up Spamverine (poor James Marsden), lol. He made a cameo, it was funny adn cool, thats it.

Here's the thing though. Halley Berry may not be a decent actress, let alone Storm, but she has more name recognition as an actress and a character than Colossus does. So we'll probably have her. And that's okay. Just so long as she doesn't come with Oven Mitts.

I'm still nerding out over the fact that while waiting to watch an actual Captain America movie, I got to see trailers for Spider Man, X-Men DOFP and Guardians of the Galaxy! I remember way back when all the XMen had was that one-shot cartoon "Pryde of the X-Men" and watching cheesy Spiderman and his Amazing Friends cartoons. It took around 40 years to get to this point where Marvel is dominating the box office. It's a great time to be a Marvel fan :) Can't wait to see wave 58 & 59 pics.

Probably a wave looking like this poster!

Yeah - that makes sense actually.

Just so long as she doesn't come with Oven Mitts.

IKR? i always thought that was a weird choice.

Wait... what?

Did that completely pass me by? I got that they stole a few ideas about Sinister like the interest in genetics and the longevity, but i think i missed the hints about him transforming into Sinister blink.png

When he fought Magneto at the end, Eric put the bullet (shrapnel?) straight through the center of his forehead, right where a diamond-shaped scar/mark could be left behind

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412214134/villains/images/d/da/Death_of_Sebastian_Shaw.jpg

I'd think nothing of it, if they hadn't already peppered in such an Essex-ian past

Edited by Mnemosis