UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for story reasons, I had Monet and Penance together, lol.

Oh, I know (hence why I kept them in the same box with my wishlist thumbsup.gif), but it looked like they were supposed to be the same figure, with swappable parts, which confused me as the only way to do that would be to have one be super bulky à la Best of Hulk/Banner or one character is going to be wearing the wrong costume. *shrugs*

Generation X certainly makes as much sense as X-Force, as it was quite the sales force back in the day. And, if we're mining '90s nostalgia, at least we'd get some sets with some really interesting designs like Chamber and Husk. Emma, Jubilee, and Banshee should be enough to justify two box sets. You've got my blessing.laugh.png

• 2 months later...

25 characters in an 8-slot wave. Ugh! Doesn't look like a TRU counterpart, either, if Zach's comment in the TRU thread is correct (only Spidey 2 and GotG).

Sadly we will have to have another Hugh Jackman, so 7 slots, really, for 24 characters....

Maybe they can hide a future Sentinel under the Present/Past Sentinel armor.

Maybe we'll see a Box Set or Dump assortment. :no::(

Sweet aunt Petunia on a cracker...
My question is are we gonna get more FC era or future? Perhaps Magneto can have a head swap with accessories to give both costumes. Xavier may too, ala Captain Picard's multiple looks. So if those do that we get 4 looks in one two pack. Sentinel could do what Onyx said. Wolverine could also have multi-costumes/hairpieces.

That'll leave 4 slots remaining. Rogue was cut from the movie so she's probably not in the wave. Peter Dinklage would be nice but I doubt we'd get him. Any other thoughts?

I'd rather DST just skip this one and give us some comic X-Men 'mates instead, since there is no way we'll be able to get a solid number of characters from the movie. It just doesn't seem worth the trouble when you'd only be scratching the service.

We are getting an comic X wave so i wouldn't mind getting a future xavier/magneto.

Honestly, with 20+ characters, how many are going to get adequate screen time? To me, this is not Thor 2, where what we got had intricate sculpting and cool monsters. DOFP looks relatively easy to fill in the blanks with stickers and headswaps. I'm not going to be too put out by a lot of missing characters.Mystique and Beast seem to be the biggest challenges, so I want those, along with both young and old Magnetos and Xaviers. The Sentinel would be way underscaled, so I'd be happy with not getting one and freeing up 2 slots in it's place. So the regular set could be young Magneto & Xavier, and variant would be older versions of them. I would love to see an even smaller minimate than the Thunderkittens body used for Dinklage.

Overall the whole movie and designs are very "meh" to me. I don't really worry one way or the other if we get these.

I think what would end up happening is more like this:

Young Wolverine/Young Magneto

Old Wolverine/Beast

Bolivar Trask/Sentinel

Professor X/Sentinel

When you consider that we're definitely going to get at least one Wolverine and Magneto, plus the movie Sentinel(either modern or future) as the army builder, that leaves us four slots in a traditional wave. And if you think we're going to get a bunch of new characters over the more recognizable ones out of the 20+ options available, I recommend you look at DST's track record.

I'm not knocking anyone who wants these, but I think we need to keep in mind the limited space available in a wave compared to the huge roster of characters. Sometimes it's just not worth it if we're going to end up bemoaning the missed opportunities more than anything else. And I'm just going to say this for the record: If we get movie Toad before comic Toad after all these years, there will be blood. Metaphorical blood of course, but still. Most unpleasant.

Hey, look! It's Rogue, whose scene was cut weeks ago!

I just can't get excited about this movie now. I really want to like it but the more I see, the less interested I become.

As for toys, I'll likely pick up whatever Minimates DST offers. No interest whatsoever in out-of-scale Sentinels or that Malory Archer Quicksilver. Aside from that, I don't really care.

If DST wants to offer a comic-based series or two to coincide with the movie, I'd probably be happier with that, all things considered.

As i understand it, the film is mostly set in the past with future sequences book-ending the film. If this is true, we'll probably be seeing more of the past characters.
I actually don't mind this interpretation of Quicksilver, so if we get him, i'd be more than happy.

Plus, we look like we might get an all blue Mystique, which would be cool, as she could stand in with the X3 mates too. The figures i'm really keen on though would be Blink, Bishop, Warpath & Sunspot as i think they look quite cool with their power effects and costumes - but they are probably less likely since they wont be in the film as long at the past characters.

Well, I see two versions of Wolverine right off…

Yeah... yeah - i figured as much :(

Considering we'll see Wanda and Pietro in Avengers 2, i'm not too concerned if we don't get this Pietro. I'm hoping this one will be more accurate personality wise, since they can use Magneto, but i'm figuring we'll get a more accurate look from Whedon so i can wait for that.

I doubt we'll see Trask, sadly. I mean we got Puck, so it's possible, but i'm not confident. Really hoping for Old Charles, Old Magneto, Bishop, Sunspot, Young Magneto, and a Sentinel. The others, except Mystique, are fairly easy customs or just wasteful for such a huge line-up.

I wouldn't say no to a Battle Damaged JFK... whistling.gif

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm figuring we'll see something reminiscent of their Ultimate looks for AoU, but i'm hoping Wanda will get some sort of "crown." It shouldn't be too hard to turn Pietro's padded look into a bolt shape, too; just dye it a greyish blue and white. Considering how accurate we've gotten with the rest of the cast (Ultimate or otherwise), i'm not too worried.

I'll give DoFP this, their Pietro does look like his MUCH later Ultimate look, minus the purple.

I wouldn't say no to a Battle Damaged JFK... whistling.gif

Wouldn't he be easy enough to quick custom?:

fig0910h250.jpg

~ all hail the mighty Ivan

Edited by Onyx_6